7/14 6:45 Am time stamp. Told Yesterday I am bumped to 2022

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha- My guess is it'd be $150-$200 per day. I've used Turo twice and had poor experiences. Both were several years ago but one instance had the car's battery dying mid-intersection and the other had expired plates which caused me to get pulled over on my way to the airport. Ever since then I swore I'd never use Turo again b/c there's no guarantee how often the cars are used and if they're maintained or not.
Dude! Sorry your experiences were bad! I use Turo all the time to rent Jeeps while on vacation. Iā€™ve done this at least 6 times and never been disappointed. California, Utah, Florida, Arizona... It can sometime be a little more hassle than the rental car place, but to get exactly what you want, Iā€™ve been impressed!

This is the Florida Keys two weeks ago....
Ford Bronco 7/14 6:45 Am time stamp. Told Yesterday I am bumped to 2022 32F6B42A-B7A6-4743-8DFE-2B5FE1C8A685
Sponsored

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to hear this; my resevation is a couple hours later than your but i'm at Chapman and it looks like i'll get a 2021 unless there are commodity issues (which as a wildtrax order, seems likely) but I am holding onto my FJ so its not much of a concern for me.

For what its worth, Chapman is offering a great lease deal on a few different wranglers with a guaranteed buyback for up to 15 months for those that need a vehicle while they wait for their bronco.
This was a very nice thing to post !

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I am not very happy today. Spoke with my dealer to see where things stand. He told me last week I was 26 out of 70 orders and he was getting about a 30-35% allocation. Has been telling me in past correspondance I was just inside the 2021 Allotment. Well yesterday he informed me that due to the fact that he has 7 FEs I am now on the outside of the 2021 allotment window. He is only getting 16 non FEs and I am 20. SO unless 4 others are bumped for some commodity reason (which I am sure would effect me too), I am NOT get a 2021.

I am honestly so frustrated and annoyed right now. I ordered within 11 hours of the orders opening and will somehow not receive a vehicle. I also sold my truck a couple weeks ago as I got a VERy good offer from Vroom and figured I should bank that money and payments for the next few months figuring I would have my Bronco by end of summer and my company is work from home until at least end of August. Now I dont know what I am going to do. I dont think we can deal with a single vehicle he the next year. Getting through 3-4 months we could make it work. 9+ months not sure we can.

This allotment formula is BS. There are going to be a LOT of people with times well past mine that will be getting their Broncos this summer. I am so ready to say eff this and just look for something else. I was not expecting one in the first batch but honestly thought I would see one mid sept at the latest. I had thought about moving my order to one of the big dealers, but thought my odds would be worse there with so many orders. But looking at the Chapman Ford I would have been like 65 out of a couple hundred orders and looks like well within their window. I stayed with this dealer as he gave me the best price in the state and had been on top of things with regards to my order and some changes. Now due to low allotment I am out of luck.

Sorry had to vent, and figured some of you will probably be feeling the same way in the next couple weeks as everyone finds out where they stand.
I spoke with Ford this morning. Was informed that with a 7/14 timestamp on my Wildtrak order... as long as it includes a MIC top, I should expect delivery by late summer '21. Only painted mods, regardless of timestamp, will be MY22. Not sure what your dealer is talking about... I would double check with Ford though.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am actually in opposite situation to the OP, I am looking to get bumped to '22 for the reasons you state. I am curious what options we think will be coming in '22. One thing I am hoping for is tops painted to match body color.
Biggest options for 2022 I see are white roof, body matching painted roof, and for some... the green option. Mechanical stuff I don't expect much difference.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is incorrect as I am reading it. A VIN will be assigned when the vehicle is scheduled to be built. Not before then. Eventually everyone will get a VIN, but the majority wont' be in April or May.
[/QUOTE
I stated those who reserved where Ford stated a cut off date for 2021 productions and placed an order with a dealer summary document will be receiving a VIN number along with their order number to track their production process. That is what Ford told me. Not the dealers notes.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay, but like, what's your source for this?

Typically Ford will "preview" who is slated for production a few weeks out, and note any commodity shortages. Then, if they have the parts the build will be "scheduled" and a VIN will be assigned a week or two before actual production. This is because you conceivably don't want to assign a VIN for a vehicle that you can't build, or may never build (what if commodity restraints hit and that build gets pushed to a new MY?)

What Ford has stated (in writing) that in May they will communicate "delivery window estimates" to the dealers/customers, which will give you a general idea when Ford expects to "schedule" your build.

Along with that Ford has also stated (in writing) that based on this delivery window estimate, customers will be able to modify their orders... all the way up until the build is "scheduled."

So again, where has anyone said we'd all be getting VINs? I'm happy to be shown so I can make sure I'm communicating correct information... but that's contrary what Ford has said.

Ford Bronco 7/14 6:45 Am time stamp. Told Yesterday I am bumped to 2022 32F6B42A-B7A6-4743-8DFE-2B5FE1C8A685
There are no commodities restraints other than a black painted roof. They are ahead of schedule and those with their four digits Order number that was created by the dealer when you ordered will be getting the VIN number for those who reserved within the 2021 Ford time frame.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I spoke with Ford this morning. Was informed that with a 7/14 timestamp on my Wildtrak order... as long as it includes a MIC top, I should expect delivery by late summer '21. Only painted mods, regardless of timestamp, will be MY22. Not sure what your dealer is talking about... I would double check with Ford though.
The issue is with how Ford is allocating broncos. For some reason even though my dealer has 70 orders and had a 100% conversion rate he is only getting 16 NON FE broncos for model year 2021. After further conversation with with him he said only people who ordered in the first 6 hours are getting a 2021 unless they are an FE order, he is getting 7 of those.

You would think Ford would allocate at least enough for ALL dealer to be able to fill orders for at least the first few days orders were open. The fact that my dealer cant fill beyond 6 hour time stamps and the next dealer can fill orders from October is insane. The fact that orders from first day are going to be shut out and people who sat on the fence for weeks to months can get a 2021 is just crazy to me. I mean I stayed up on the 13th for 4 hours trying to place an order but finally gave up after minight as Fords system had crashed. So I got up early around 6:30 AM and placed my order. FOr that I have to wait at least 18 months from that day and a whole model year to get one. But yet someone else on this forum already posted an email with a June build and they ordered around Thanksgiving. Whatever.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The issue is with how Ford is allocating broncos. For some reason even though my dealer has 70 orders and had a 100% conversion rate he is only getting 16 NON FE broncos for model year 2021. After further conversation with with him he said only people who ordered in the first 6 hours are getting a 2021 unless they are an FE order, he is getting 7 of those.

You would think Ford would allocate at least enough for ALL dealer to be able to fill orders for at least the first few days orders were open. The fact that my dealer cant fill beyond 6 hour time stamps and the next dealer can fill orders from October is insane. The fact that orders from first day are going to be shut out and people who sat on the fence for weeks to months can get a 2021 is just crazy to me. I mean I stayed up on the 13th for 4 hours trying to place an order but finally gave up after minight as Fords system had crashed. So I got up early around 6:30 AM and placed my order. FOr that I have to wait at least 18 months from that day and a whole model year to get one. But yet someone else on this forum already posted an email with a June build and they ordered around Thanksgiving. Whatever.
Something's definitely off here. I would call Ford and share with them what your dealer is saying. Can't hurt to get their take. I'm in CT as well, btw.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are no commodities restraints other than a black painted roof. They are ahead of schedule and those with their four digits Order number that was created by the dealer when you ordered will be getting the VIN number for those who reserved within the 2021 Ford time frame.
You're still not answering @ZackDanger's question. Where did you get this info? Are you a dealer? Do you work for Ford? Did your dealer tell you this? Did you dream this up? This is contrary to what Ford has put out in the past. That is why we would like to know where the info is coming from.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're still not answering @ZackDanger's question. Where did you get this info? Are you a dealer? Do you work for Ford? Did your dealer tell you this? Did you dream this up? This is contrary to what Ford has put out in the past. That is why we would like to know where the info is coming from.
I spoke with a Ford Corporate representative to the Bronco. She gave me the link that was first shared by me to you all BEFORE Bronco 6G administrators mentioned the VIN and Dealer order number. I found the reading and speculation on this site tiring and too speculative so I communicated with Ford Corporate. I stated in summary the conversation I had and the information they released to me.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. Maybe someone's transfer like this sniped the OPs MY21 Bronco from him.

OP, I'm sorry to hear about your frustration. Your dealer should have been telling you all along that being right on the cusp of estimated allocations meant things could fall either way...

...the thing to remember is that the difference between a MY21 and MY22 isn't months... or a year...
that change over is a brief shutdown, so the production from one model year to the next is basically continuous.

Depending on how allocations will work in MY22, if you were right on the cusp the begin with, it's likely that your delivery window hasn't changed much, if at all... what changed was how many Broncos Ford could produce and deliver to your dealer before MY22 happened.

MY21/MY22 feels like a huge difference since we've been waiting almost a year for the first production to start... but the difference for someone on the cusp is just a couple weeks.

Here. I made a handy chart:

Do you have a white board next to the computer or a program that allows you to work write on the screen?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with a Ford Corporate representative to the Bronco. She gave me the link that was first shared by me to you all BEFORE Bronco 6G administrators mentioned the VIN and Dealer order number. I found the reading and speculation on this site tiring and too speculative so I communicated with Ford Corporate. I stated in summary the conversation I had and the information they released to me.
Full disclosure: Iā€™ve been wrong before, but from what youā€™ve elaborated it on it sounds like your interpretation of what will happen is slightly off.

If weā€™re talking about a 4 digit number that gets assigned when the build is scheduled, and then the VIN is assigned, then not everyone is going to get a vin in the next couple weeks. Only when an order gets scheduled will that happen. Builds are scheduled when they are next up and VINs assigned when the parts are on hand and they will bolt them together in a week or so.

If youā€™re talking about the ā€œOrder Codeā€ on your Order Summary sheet that is a random 4 digit number assigned by the ordering system when the order is first drafted that a dealer can change to something else (letters can be used in the first and last places). The existence of this number doesnā€™t mean anything in terms of when your Bronco will be scheduled or VIN assigned.

I guess whatā€™s confusing all of us, is the information you received from Ford runs contrary to everything we understand from history and the Bronco itself... including the public statements made by Ford and knowledgeable dealership employees here on the forum.

If what youā€™re sharing is accurate and faithful to what you were told and what reality is, youā€™ve got some incredible intel and know something no one else knows. If everyone will get their VIN assigned in the next couple weeks, irrespective of when theyā€™ll receive their Bronco, that basically changes everything for a lot of people on the forum.

Considering how significant that info is, I donā€™t think anyone is likely to believe you unless you can point to a corroborating source or relay in much greater detail how it will happen. Simply saying ā€œmy source told me everyone gets a vin in the next couple weeksā€ wonā€™t cut the mustard on its own, even if true.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a white board next to the computer or a program that allows you to work write on the screen?
Itā€™s just an iPad that thanks to the Mac ecosystem allows me to natively and quickly sketch something into a jpg/pdf and send it to my desktop.

Last edited:

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the answer

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I get kicked to 2022ā€™ I may look at different vehicle...cough* cough* Jeep Rubicon 392. Depends what my delivery outlook is. Iā€™m not waiting another year for delivery
Get it while itā€™s hot! ;)

Ford Bronco 7/14 6:45 Am time stamp. Told Yesterday I am bumped to 2022 F4DDB343-CBFE-4231-B8F4-AEB55F45F666
Sponsored