Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Or maybe renting someone else's Bronco in the interim. I wonder how much they will go for?

https://turo.com/
Ha- My guess is it'd be $150-$200 per day. I've used Turo twice and had poor experiences. Both were several years ago but one instance had the car's battery dying mid-intersection and the other had expired plates which caused me to get pulled over on my way to the airport. Ever since then I swore I'd never use Turo again b/c there's no guarantee how often the cars are used and if they're maintained or not.
Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel your pain! I was hopping for my 21 now I am a 22. It sucks driving around my little commuter car for another 9 plus months.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Think it's reasonable we understand OP's frustration. Early day two and maybe on outs for MY21. Sure we all know there are no guarantees here, but his expectation was appropriate based on everything we've been told and heard. Imagine a first hour reservation being told...tough it's MY22 at this point in the process. Is it okay if they're disappointed?

Guess I'm saying some understanding for the frustration is appropriate. We certainly offer a lot of understanding in Ford's case.

DillyCrack

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I am not very happy today. Spoke with my dealer to see where things stand. He told me last week I was 26 out of 70 orders and he was getting about a 30-35% allocation. Has been telling me in past correspondance I was just inside the 2021 Allotment. Well yesterday he informed me that due to the fact that he has 7 FEs I am now on the outside of the 2021 allotment window. He is only getting 16 non FEs and I am 20. SO unless 4 others are bumped for some commodity reason (which I am sure would effect me too), I am NOT get a 2021.

I am honestly so frustrated and annoyed right now. I ordered within 11 hours of the orders opening and will somehow not receive a vehicle. I also sold my truck a couple weeks ago as I got a VERy good offer from Vroom and figured I should bank that money and payments for the next few months figuring I would have my Bronco by end of summer and my company is work from home until at least end of August. Now I dont know what I am going to do. I dont think we can deal with a single vehicle he the next year. Getting through 3-4 months we could make it work. 9+ months not sure we can.

This allotment formula is BS. There are going to be a LOT of people with times well past mine that will be getting their Broncos this summer. I am so ready to say eff this and just look for something else. I was not expecting one in the first batch but honestly thought I would see one mid sept at the latest. I had thought about moving my order to one of the big dealers, but thought my odds would be worse there with so many orders. But looking at the Chapman Ford I would have been like 65 out of a couple hundred orders and looks like well within their window. I stayed with this dealer as he gave me the best price in the state and had been on top of things with regards to my order and some changes. Now due to low allotment I am out of luck.

Sorry had to vent, and figured some of you will probably be feeling the same way in the next couple weeks as everyone finds out where they stand.
So I am not very happy today. Spoke with my dealer to see where things stand. He told me last week I was 26 out of 70 orders and he was getting about a 30-35% allocation. Has been telling me in past correspondance I was just inside the 2021 Allotment. Well yesterday he informed me that due to the fact that he has 7 FEs I am now on the outside of the 2021 allotment window. He is only getting 16 non FEs and I am 20. SO unless 4 others are bumped for some commodity reason (which I am sure would effect me too), I am NOT get a 2021.

I am honestly so frustrated and annoyed right now. I ordered within 11 hours of the orders opening and will somehow not receive a vehicle. I also sold my truck a couple weeks ago as I got a VERy good offer from Vroom and figured I should bank that money and payments for the next few months figuring I would have my Bronco by end of summer and my company is work from home until at least end of August. Now I dont know what I am going to do. I dont think we can deal with a single vehicle he the next year. Getting through 3-4 months we could make it work. 9+ months not sure we can.

This allotment formula is BS. There are going to be a LOT of people with times well past mine that will be getting their Broncos this summer. I am so ready to say eff this and just look for something else. I was not expecting one in the first batch but honestly thought I would see one mid sept at the latest. I had thought about moving my order to one of the big dealers, but thought my odds would be worse there with so many orders. But looking at the Chapman Ford I would have been like 65 out of a couple hundred orders and looks like well within their window. I stayed with this dealer as he gave me the best price in the state and had been on top of things with regards to my order and some changes. Now due to low allotment I am out of luck.

Sorry had to vent, and figured some of you will probably be feeling the same way in the next couple weeks as everyone finds out where they stand.

Which dealership is this? I am also going to a small dealership near Chapman.

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the exception of color green being new for 22. Does anyone else know if there is anything else new for 22?

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think you should just leave and get something else. That way number 21 in your group at the dealer feels better :)
Not to sound mean but honeslty dont expect sympathy for not having a second car after you made the adult decision to sell it.

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

hey at least your dealer seems to know, ive been emailing my sales rep and he is just acting completely clueless.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seeing that someone with an 11/17 reservation has a June build date is beyond infuriating. Are you Effing kidding me. TIME STAMP MEANS NOTHING!!!!!!!

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I am amazed that even with 16 Non-FE and your super-early res you aren't a shoe-in for a spot.
I hate it for ya and it is stressful, I'm sure.
If in fact you are delayed until '22 and can't make the single vehicle work (I get that also with kids at home and ALL of the running we do. Wife works from home and there are times we need 3 vehicles it seems) I would look at maybe driving something you can pay cash for and sell for about the same as you paid.
IT might not be the best looking thing, or even something you even want.
But it would be simple transportation to get ya by while waiting.
I can't tell you how many $300-2000 vehicles I've bought, drove for 2-3 years, sold for what I paid if not more.
I love the reliability and feel of new vehicles, but driving for free is a good feeling too. '
If that doesn't work...honestly the other options for the same price point or less aren't terrible.
Raptors are amazing. Expeditions are great vehicles, and for the roof-off experience, if it weren't for the Bronco coming back I would have a new Jeep already.
If it was summer I'd say you could get a cheap motorcycle, save a crapola amount of $ on fuel, enjoy some open air freedom. Sell it for what you paid.
But I don't ride below about 40 degrees (no fairings or windshield) and I'm sure winters where you are make ours feel great.
Now this person knows how to work around a problem! There are always solutions just sometimes you have to look hard.

ptalbert33

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/1974 F100/1977 Lincoln Cont/2022 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the exception of color green being new for 22. Does anyone else know if there is anything else new for 22?
Heritage Edition. Painted Hardtops in Shadow Black and Oxford White. That's all I can think of.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

This really sucks and I feel for ya. Good luck on maybe one of the others falling through so you get back in 21. Although one of the others are probably on the forum too.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A brainiac is seriously going to write a HBR case someday about this clusterf*ck, lesson in what not to do when launching a products.
Sponsored