Sponsored

7/14 reservation and have been told I'm 2022. Is Ford Production forecasts this poor for '21?

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would hold tight until the dealers actually start converting orders and taking deposits. So far I have not been contacted by my dealer. I have a 7/14 reservation that was actually confirmed a little before 10 PM Eastern on the 13th. I assume I am closer to the top and am 99% sure that I will be cancelling once they reach out.

I am certain there are going to be many people that have moved on following the initial lunch, some may have even forgotten they have the deposit and will be cancelling once the dealer reaches out. In other words I would hold out hope that there will be more cancelations than Ford is estimating.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reached out to my sales guy to see if I could schedule a time to come in but haven't heard nothing yet. Now I feel like the loser guy that is trying hard to leave voicemails on the girls phone after the first date. I have 'til March so I'm doing a little woosah and not let all the doomsdayers on here get me worked up LOL

giphy.gif
tbxty7xfwb7io59yuy88zevlqjze367k7bn7f3zg&rid=giphy.gif

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 7:00 AM 7/14 reservation and feel the same frustration that I'm possibly not getting a MY2021. I prefer the 2021, not just to have something sooner but because it's the first year of the new generation. It makes it feel a little more special but it's not a deal breaker for me if I get a 2022.

That said, I think what led to this situation were the delays that are behind us already. If we had ordered earlier, if Ford had started production earlier, etc. there would be more built in 2021. I hate to mention it but further delays at Ford could result in fewer 2021 models than we expect right now. That would probably make the 2021 owners feel even better but there would be fewer of them.

My understanding is that this is really all about timing of cars being built. Anything that knocks your bronco into or past December will probably mean that you get a 2022 model.
Ford Bronco 7/14 reservation and have been told I'm 2022. Is Ford Production forecasts this poor for '21? Not_Special

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've said it before, I'm sure I'll say it again.
Stop reservations now.
7000 FE = MY21 Produce them in June.
From July 2021 to Fall of 2022 - MY22 At 10k a month they could produce 180k as MY22 and start MY23 December of 2022 or earlier if they get through the reservations.

I don't know why its not that simple, but maybe they can't have 18 months of a model year.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Negative. I’m at Stephens and I’m lucky enough to be included in their allocation. But they got shafted for doing a better job of attracting buyers.
I think it may go more than just shafted to being penalized. I believe I saw where they had 350 reservations and received 70 allocations. This means they only received 20%. I have been watching the thread about number of reservations, allocations and place in line. The next lowest dealer by percentage that I found was allotted 24%. Most of the smaller reservation number dealers were all in the 30% range. I do not know Granger's number.

I am sure there were many dealers crying to Ford about not being able to charge MSRP and ADM because SAC and others were undercutting them. Dealer profit seems to have taken priority over time stamp when we were all under the impression time stamp was what mattered.

I am a mid afternoon, 7/14 reservation at Stephens. There are already earlier reservations there that did not make the cutoff. I am a little salty but won't be dealer shopping. I will get my Bronco when I get it because I'm not playing into the dealers being able to upcharge me so I can move up in line.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. I'm being patient but not sure this mindset should be Ford Mission or Value statements.
Put your order in. No one knows how many tire kickers put down their $100 just to tell their friends "I reserved a Bronco" and when it comes time for them to put pen to paper they are going to bail.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Put your order in. No one knows how many tire kickers put down their $100 just to tell their friends "I reserved a Bronco" and when it comes time for them to put pen to paper they are going to bail.
I know one. If we all know one, that's a month worth of production.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of the day one and day two reservations are second reservations with no intention of converting? Ford isn’t saying how many are holding double reservations. A lot could fall away once scheduling is known.

Last edited:

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dont think so. Think that about sums it up.

Ninja edit: Although...

Not everyone has the same view about driving 6 hrs to get their car from a dealer they've never met.

Let's say that the first 10K people to reserve went to Granger. Would it be "fair" that no other dealer or customer in the country would receive a Bronco for several weeks?

It is fair, it's no one's fault if the 1st 10K went to Granger, they obviously went above and beyond, 3 days after the Bronco release I called the nearest 10 Ford dealers to me, I had to explain to 8 of them about the Bronco, the two left were Galpin which was prepared but far, the other was Encinitas Ford who was fully prepared for any Bronco question so I went with them, their alarm went off the second I said Bronco.

In a reservation system, it doesn't matter if Granger got a 10K or 50K reservations, as long as everyone gets their cars based on the time they reserved then we all walk away winners.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. All dealers received a 30% initial allocation. If Stephens has 800 reservations and received 240 allocations, but had they not attracted more buyers and only had 350 reservations, then their allocation would have been 105.

They didn't get shafted.
We don't know if the dealers got shafted, are better off, or neutral. Had they gone in timestamp order and kept the allocations with the reservations, a dealer might have gotten 80% of their orders allocated if they attracted mostly early reservation holders. Conversely, had a dealer not picked up a lot of early reservations, they might have barely any arrive while others got truckloads. The only way it would be neutral is if the same timestamps all followed an equal distribution at all the dealers, not a likely occurrence.

I would opine that the folks on this forum are among the most likely to follow through and convert an order and that they are more likely to have gone with one of the Granger or Stephens deals than the public at large (due to the forum 'insider' deals). It follows that their average timestamp might be earlier for the forum as a whole against the rest of the public just because we were all fired up at reveal night to reserve right away. If that is accurate, then the dealers and the customers got shafted at those places as well.

One thing is certain, the allocation business will throw the timestamp order in the trash. The timestamp only makes a difference for the people at each individual dealer, not across all dealers, so there will be plenty of later reservations (not even including the commodity restraints) delivered before earlier reservations. If the allocations were brought in to appease bigger dealers, it was at the expense of the most dedicated fans, the early reservation holders. They would have been first for sure, now maybe they will, maybe they won't. Ford chose to keep the dealers happy rather than the customers, an ill omen if you ask me.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We don't know if the dealers got shafted, are better off, or neutral. Had they gone in timestamp order and kept the allocations with the reservations, a dealer might have gotten 80% of their orders allocated if they attracted mostly early reservation holders. Conversely, had a dealer not picked up a lot of early reservations, they might have barely any arrive while others got truckloads. The only way it would be neutral is if the same timestamps all followed an equal distribution at all the dealers, not a likely occurrence.

I would opine that the folks on this forum are among the most likely to follow through and convert an order and that they are more likely to have gone with one of the Granger or Stephens deals than the public at large (due to the forum 'insider' deals). It follows that their average timestamp might be earlier for the forum as a whole against the rest of the public just because we were all fired up at reveal night to reserve right away. If that is accurate, then the dealers and the customers got shafted at those places as well.

One thing is certain, the allocation business will throw the timestamp order in the trash. The timestamp only makes a difference for the people at each individual dealer, not across all dealers, so there will be plenty of later reservations (not even including the commodity restraints) delivered before earlier reservations. If the allocations were brought in to appease bigger dealers, it was at the expense of the most dedicated fans, the early reservation holders. They would have been first for sure, now maybe they will, maybe they won't. Ford chose to keep the dealers happy rather than the customers, an ill omen if you ask me.
He said Stephens got shafted. I stated that Stephens didn't get shafted relative to other dealers. Now whether or not Stephens' reservation holders got shafted is a whole different conversation.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He said Stephens got shafted. I stated that Stephens didn't get shafted relative to other dealers. Now whether or not Stephens' reservation holders got shafted is a whole different conversation.
Stephens received 70 allocations on 350 reservations. 20%

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont think so. Think that about sums it up.

Ninja edit: Although...

Not everyone has the same view about driving 6 hrs to get their car from a dealer they've never met.

Let's say that the first 10K people to reserve went to Granger. Would it be "fair" that no other dealer or customer in the country would receive a Bronco for several weeks?
If you think that the vehicles should go to the people who reserved (you know, paid $100 to get in line to order), earlier than other people got in that line after them, then yes, it is 'fair'. If you think that changing the rules after the fact and say that essentially, well... instead of one big line like you were promised, we're going to make a bunch of different lines at every Ford dealer in the Country based on where you want it delivered instead and limit them to around 30% of the people who reserved instead of first come first served because some other dealers complained that they couldn't get enough people willing to pay more than some dealers offering better terms, then, no. Not 'fair'.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems inconsistent with all of the other dealer allocations. What is the source of this info?
I am looking for it. It came from a reservation holder at Stephens that stated where he was in line and gave the numbers.
Sponsored