Sponsored

7/14 reservation and have been told I'm 2022. Is Ford Production forecasts this poor for '21?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He said Stephens got shafted. I stated that Stephens didn't get shafted relative to other dealers. Now whether or not Stephens' reservation holders got shafted is a whole different conversation.
the dealers only get shafted if they would have gotten more units to sell under the original, promised system, I maintain we don't have enough information to ascertain if they would have gotten more, less, or the same.
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems inconsistent with all of the other dealer allocations. What is the source of this info?
My email from Stephens stated their allocation was 70. The 350 reservations came from another member. I do remember a post from Stephens in late November that they were around 330 so 350 would probably be close. Even at the 330 that's 21%

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's only one way to handle this mess. Keep your reservation and get your Bronco whenever. Whenever could be 2022, 2023 or later who knows.

Oh - and in the mean time buy something else to tide you over until your Bronco gets here. Because it's going to be a long while.

Hockeykenny97

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang, edge and Equinox (work vehicle)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a later in the day 7/14 reservation. No communication from my dealer about being a 2022. In fact they got my final build and are going to try to put it in asap but who knows how it will go. I would hate to switch to a Wrangler.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm there with you. Reserved on 7/14, but because of time difference, got reported as 7/15. Just got an email today from dealer saying I'm #53, and their MY21 allocations run out at 45. I assume if I switch dealers, I will miss out as well. Oh well, maybe a good thing to take advantage of new colors, fixed bugs, etc.

If all they did is fix the interior color schemes, it would be worth it.
I would have faith that you make it. You are off by 8, so I don't honestly think all 53 are going to convert.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My email from Stephens stated their allocation was 70. The 350 reservations came from another member. I do remember a post from Stephens in late November that they were around 330 so 350 would probably be close. Even at the 330 that's 21%
Yeah, considering that there have been several confirmations that ALL dealers got a 30% allocation, I'm not putting a lot of stock in your cobbled together numbers.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my assumption. Reservations closed in Canada last month. I assume it's because we had met whatever threshold for allocations going north of the border.

I imagine that reservations will be open until 2022 projections are full.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand the need for some type of allocation so that mom and pop dealers in small markets get to play. I also understand the need to keep dealers from gaming the system. Allocation is no more imperfect than without one. I am a morning of 7/14 and I am either at the end of one line or the start of the next - I'm good either way.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I think is funny is, Ford has given great, complete and forthcoming communication. The problem is people don't pay attention and they come up with their own communication interpretation. Ford has stated exactly what they are going to state. That is the message. Your want of more or different is on you, not Ford. If someone started at the beginning and put the Ford communications in order they'd probably realize that not only are all of your Ford questions answered, but so are most of life's questions. You can practically stop asking questions altogether and just read the Ford communications and lead a happy, healthy and very fulfilling life. So, quit yer bitchin' already. Hope that helps indeedy.

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m probably on an island here, but I don’t think the situation is as dire as many think.

A Ford exec told CNBC they had “almost” 190,000 reservations on 10/28 this would include people with 2 reservations as well. Assuming 50% of these become hard orders, you’re left with 95,000. And then assuming 30% of those orders defer to 2022 (mansquatchs, etc) you have about 70,000 orders for 2021 models which basically matches the planned production of 10,000 units per month for 2021. So in theory enough cars, although dealer allocations could complicate this significantly.

Of course no one is going to know the conversion rate until the order window closes in March. I’m personally not going to worry about it other than if I find out I can get a 2021 model say in November, maybe it makes more sense to convert my order to a 2022 model and wait a few months additional for a model with additional features and/or color options.

I’m also likely too much of an optimist, I live in DC and also think Inauguration Day is going to go off without a hitch tomorrow.
Sponsored