Sponsored

7/14 reservation and have been told I'm 2022. Is Ford Production forecasts this poor for '21?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know it sucks but this may make it more clear for you.

Let's say hypothetically 500k people reserved within the first 2 days. Realistically you can't expect Ford, with a max production run of a fraction of that, to be able to produce a Bronco for everyone just because they reserved in the first 2 days.

I'm using hyperbole to make a point. But reality is it doesn't matter if you were day 2 or not. A LOT of people reserved their Broncos within those first few days!
Yeah - however the OP's point was how is it that someone at say Crossroads Apex who was a day two reservation doesn't get a 2021, when someone who was day 5 at University of Durham gets a 2021?

Knowing the production constraints, the allocation should have prioritized the first x days of reservations. I get that Ford is attempting to "seed" markets evenly, but day one and two reservations should be filled in 2021 unless they opt out, because those are the true enthusiasts.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spoke with my dealer today (smaller dealer in sw FL). He said they have 55 ordered total with 25 alloted for delivery this year. Of those 25, 5 are scheduled for June builds, the remaining 20 will be built later this year. He said I'm #23 on the list. My reservation date is 7/23, order date 6/20. Specs are oxford white 2D Badlands, MIC top, MGV, 2.7, sasquatch. Was expecting to be pushed to next year due to my late reservation. Will be pleasantly surprised if I get it this year.
Be careful, you might get the tar/feather treatment by the mob. LOL

In reality, this might be a good example of allocation, how it's impacted by reservation date/time and dealership total reservations.

Keep in mind, awhile ago there was a piece of this puzzle that was discussed related to spreading the Broncos out across the US. They didn't want a majority to end up in one region of the country. At least I remember this being discussed soon after I joined 6g last summer.

bpjontek

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm struggling to understand how such a large automotive corporation is forecasting such limited velocity for 2021 if I have a day 2 (had day 1 but didn't know we could change the model so canceled and made a new one on day 2 (stupid in hindsight on my part)) NOTE my specific build isn't being referenced either just my timestamp.

I understand Covid impact and resource constraints, however:
  • how is it possible Ford will lack the capability to get past the first few days or first week of reservations?
  • Why is there a lack of objective process for reservation time stamp holistically> Customer 1 with time stamp <n> let's say 7/14 can be slotted for 2022 based upon supply/demand (dealer allocation) in a specific market while customer 2 with a timestamp of 7/20 can be slotted for 2021 in the same market but a different dealer? Why do customers need to be deprioritized based on the constraints of a dealership (including the condition of their showroom). Not really a customer focussed approach mathematically.
  • Why does it logistically take 2+ months to convert reservations to orders? This seems to be a critical factor to inform production demand and define conversion rate. Do dealers lack the skills/capacity to tighten dates up in order to inform the 2021 and 202 production demand. It is not really necessary to make customers wait until March, April, or even May to find out if they are going to get a 2021 delivery. This is a detractor for conversion.
  • Ford has Lean engineers and other critical production experts in place so would be shocked if teams are sitting idle while we wait out this timeline. You can easily model out conversion risk to production delays and % of reservations or even orders that are delayed until 2022. One factor in these models is LTV (long term value of customers). A certain percentage of customers that cancel reservations and move to another brand based upon their personal needs, frustration, or Ford's inability to fulfill their 2021 order will impact LTV and risk of brand equity along with market share.
  • Reserving or ordering a car shouldn't be this challenging. Ford is making customers work too hard to synthesize ambiguity (an example is this entire site)

The biggest concern for me a first-time Ford customer is bullet point 2 as it's concerning the first adapters for the Bronco that secured a reservation in the first week have a high risk of not taking delivery of 2021. If I were a brand manager or had a leadership role for a product launch, this would be filed as a failure if this is how reality shakes out.

I'm not a historical Ford fan but LOVE the bronco and excited about the opportunity to buy one but I lack patience as already waiting 1 full year for the best-case scenario. I'm not open to waiting another 6 months to a year for 2022. I'm sure others will wait as long as it takes... I'll try but I'm in an older vehicle and 'want' to upgrade this year (well actually last year as was originally looking at defender but came to my senses and shifted to the Bronco with the decision to wait a full year)

Hoping all this hand-waving noise is just noise and Ford works out the production constraints to achieve an acceptable fulfillment rate to res/orders.
Hek....I'm directly related to Henry Ford, made my reservation on 7/11(Res # 0000000000001) for a Base 2 door with zero options, not even a cigarette lighter, and I'm told I'm being pusher to MY22. What's up wit dat great gramps ?

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Look at the positive. I am a Ford enthusiast but new product roll out usually have issues, MY22 is a good thing. Besides it wont be long for the used car lots will have some nice units from folks who didn’t like the Bronco. Let someone else take the hit on depreciation and Ford will fix the issues.
Being pushed to MY22 is a good thing, patience is worth the wait.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm struggling to understand how such a large automotive corporation is forecasting such limited velocity for 2021 if I have a day 2 (had day 1 but didn't know we could change the model so canceled and made a new one on day 2 (stupid in hindsight on my part)) NOTE my specific build isn't being referenced either just my timestamp.

I understand Covid impact and resource constraints, however:
  • how is it possible Ford will lack the capability to get past the first few days or first week of reservations?
  • Why is there a lack of objective process for reservation time stamp holistically> Customer 1 with time stamp <n> let's say 7/14 can be slotted for 2022 based upon supply/demand (dealer allocation) in a specific market while customer 2 with a timestamp of 7/20 can be slotted for 2021 in the same market but a different dealer? Why do customers need to be deprioritized based on the constraints of a dealership (including the condition of their showroom). Not really a customer focussed approach mathematically.
  • Why does it logistically take 2+ months to convert reservations to orders? This seems to be a critical factor to inform production demand and define conversion rate. Do dealers lack the skills/capacity to tighten dates up in order to inform the 2021 and 202 production demand. It is not really necessary to make customers wait until March, April, or even May to find out if they are going to get a 2021 delivery. This is a detractor for conversion.
  • Ford has Lean engineers and other critical production experts in place so would be shocked if teams are sitting idle while we wait out this timeline. You can easily model out conversion risk to production delays and % of reservations or even orders that are delayed until 2022. One factor in these models is LTV (long term value of customers). A certain percentage of customers that cancel reservations and move to another brand based upon their personal needs, frustration, or Ford's inability to fulfill their 2021 order will impact LTV and risk of brand equity along with market share.
  • Reserving or ordering a car shouldn't be this challenging. Ford is making customers work too hard to synthesize ambiguity (an example is this entire site)

The biggest concern for me a first-time Ford customer is bullet point 2 as it's concerning the first adapters for the Bronco that secured a reservation in the first week have a high risk of not taking delivery of 2021. If I were a brand manager or had a leadership role for a product launch, this would be filed as a failure if this is how reality shakes out.

I'm not a historical Ford fan but LOVE the bronco and excited about the opportunity to buy one but I lack patience as already waiting 1 full year for the best-case scenario. I'm not open to waiting another 6 months to a year for 2022. I'm sure others will wait as long as it takes... I'll try but I'm in an older vehicle and 'want' to upgrade this year (well actually last year as was originally looking at defender but came to my senses and shifted to the Bronco with the decision to wait a full year)

Hoping all this hand-waving noise is just noise and Ford works out the production constraints to achieve an acceptable fulfillment rate to res/orders.
Dear Ford....

Ford Bronco 7/14 reservation and have been told I'm 2022. Is Ford Production forecasts this poor for '21? 1624574232043

Sponsored
OP
OP
firsttimefordbuyer

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear Ford....

Ford Bronco 7/14 reservation and have been told I'm 2022. Is Ford Production forecasts this poor for '21? 1624574232043
100%. I love the Bronco but so far FORD is horrible. I file Ford brand equity along with Comcast. What a horrible experience. Impatiently waiting....

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... but day one and two reservations should be filled in 2021 unless they opt out, because those are the true enthusiasts.
That's the way I thought too, but it wasn't to be. It's being handled the way it's being handled, not the way "we" think it should be handled. Ford sells more vehicles if they have more people seeing them. If I have a day one reservation, but they need more people in San Diego to see them on the streets, so that they generate more reservations, well, then they'll probably send them there.
Sponsored