First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ohio has/had a maneuverability test that mimicked a lot of the skills in parallel parking and had some strict requirements. It was more difficult to pass than when I had to parallel park in Florida. For that one I had an early 70’s Buick century and I told the examiner that my car is longer than those cones apart, they said do the best you can, so3 feet away from the curb was considered acceptable!

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They also said it was redundant in the same statement.

For context, the driver's test is a pain in the ass in Nevada. You need to make an appointment months ahead of time. A friend of my wife's kid was late to his and had to reschedule like 3 months later. Reducing the fail rate for a redundant test makes a lot of sense, even if it makes the test easier. Parallel parking is barely a thing here anyway.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Except they said it was redundant, and, "The Nevada skills test meets the national standards set by the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators. "

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I accept that there is no manual trans with the V6. Like other enthusiasts I am just excited that they offered a manual at all. There is no explaining the joy of shifting gears. I agree that it defies logic in many ways. In our defense this is a vehicle for enthusiasts. I have no doubt a prius can get you from point a to b more efficiently. Just wish they would give us the sasquatch option. Don't understand why they are torturing us there. BTW parallel parking is fthe only talent I would agree i have that is world class. Learned on the streets of DC with a full size bronco V8 302 manual. Could get that thing in any spot!

Sponsored

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a 6-speed MT in my Z.. and I love it because it is fun and an intimate driving experience, especially on windy mountain highways. I've got the auto in my F-350 and I highly appreciate it towing 50-foot trailers on those same highways. I've not done a ton of off-roading... mostly in an old Chevy Luv (MT) and an 84 Bronco2 (AT) when I was a kid. I had a blast in both. I don't really know which way I think is best in this current decision, but I'm leaning towards AT, simply because I plan to do everything with it... drive it, have fun, tow things, explore, go to work, go to play, camp, beach, trails, city driving, etc. It's not going to be a one-show pony for me.... the Z is a toy, and the pickup is all business... the Bronco is all of the above.
Sponsored