Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does "Ready for start-stop system and rev matching (gear detection)" mean?

Does the Bronco have that? Or do you have to have it programmed to turn those on?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I will probably look at my hood to make sure it's closed for the first few months when I apply it LOL. Does it disengage automatically?
The parking brake is something I'm going to investigate when I go to my event. I'm concerned about randos taking it out of gear while I let it sit with the top off and it rolling away.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The parking brake is something I'm going to investigate when I go to my event. I'm concerned about randos taking it out of gear while I let it sit with the top off and it rolling away.
Dag on, shouldn't have to even think about something like that.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dag on, shouldn't have to even think about something like that.
The sad thing is I know for a fact people will sit in it for their Instagram selfies.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
According to this Ford video, the ignition needs to be on to release the parking brake.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to this Ford video, the ignition needs to be on to release the parking brake.
Very good. Just the thing I was going to look into.

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought it was weird until I realized the parking brake in my '61 Ranchero is in the same spot. I think I'll be fine getting used to it vs my '14 Focus :LOL:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as you remember to set the parking brake before you walk away from the Bronco, you wont have anything to worry about.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The sad thing is I know for a fact people will sit in it for their Instagram selfies.
Yes they will. When the top is open various people will monkey with it. Learned that lesson from my CJs. Don't leave anything in the Bronco, including anything people could possibly use for mischief.

Also I'm not sold on the electric parking brake. I like full manual control of the parking brake, to apply as needed, feather on/off, etc. I'm not convinced the electric will always work as desired - in particular for off-road situations.

Manual parking brake I pull up and it's on no question, and it's off when I let it off. I will miss that functionality and control oh well.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That actually is one benefit of the electric parking brake. You can set it and unlike a manual handbrake, some person intent on mischief can't release the brake without a key.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like that electric idea for a couple reasons. It seems like it will be an additional anti-theft device. Perhaps anti-tow too. You can't just roll the vehicle away, tow it away, etc. And a kid can't get in and cause a rollaway accident, "playing driving" and bumping it out of gear. Also, I like how it automatically unlocks the brake when you drive off. How many times I've driven a "sluggish" vehicle only to discover I had the parking brake lightly on!
Sponsored