7 speed manual rev matching?

Derek

First Name
Derek
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Expedition, 12 Jeep KK, 01 F250 PSD ZF6
Does anyone know if Ford is planning on offering rev matching with the new 7 speed? I seen some literature from Getrag that shows the MTI550 is capable of this feature. Also the 2.3L/6 speed mustang has rev matching. I'm still having the 2.3/7MT vs 2.7/10A debate. I will probably get the (you have a right foot standard equipment) comment on this one :giggle:.

Advertisement

zaki

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn’t you love to rev match that thing going backwards up a 37 degree grade😂😉

TonyPonz

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Clubs

Does anyone know if Ford is planning on offering rev matching with the new 7 speed? I seen some literature from Getrag that shows the MTI550 is capable of this feature. Also the 2.3L/6 speed mustang has rev matching. I'm still having the 2.3/7MT vs 2.7/10A debate. I will probably get the (you have a right foot standard equipment) comment on this one :giggle:.
I am in the opposite camp on this. My BMW M2 has this feature, and I would have sold it long ago if I wasn't able to find a way to disable it. I want my manual to be a manual, not a semi-manual.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Going to revive this thread. Have we heard anything on this feature at all? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but doesn't mean Ford doesn't plan on having it.

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Clubs

While I do rev-match all my manuals, there are times I don’t. Like when I go to work at 5am- so I hope you can turn it off permanently with out flashing it. Would hate to have to disable it every morning.

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Clubs

God I hope not. Might as just get an auto at that point.
Most people that drive manual don’t rev match. It isn’t something you learn unless you’ve gone to a race school. Or actively watch motor sports. Kinda like trail braking.

I have very, very rarely heard rev-matching during my autocross days. Even during HPDE, only about half did it. I can count onone hand the amount of times I have heard a pre rev-match car do it on the streets.

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

Most people that drive manual don’t rev match. It isn’t something you learn unless you’ve gone to a race school. Or actively watch motor sports. Kinda like trail braking.

I have very, very rarely heard rev-matching during my autocross days. Even during HPDE, only about half did it. I can count onone hand the amount of times I have heard a pre rev-match car do it on the streets.
Rev matching is good. Having a computer do it for you is peak scum.

jaspercasidino

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M3, 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale
Vehicle Showcase
Rev matching is good. Having a computer do it for you is peak scum.
And how exactly do you figure that? Do you use traction control or turn it off every time? Power steering? Electric starter? Sounds pretty scummy to me. I thought we were driving here. I guess I misunderstood.

I actually really like the feature on my M3. If I want to rev match and not have the computer do it, I put in in Sport+ mode and it’s disabled. In fact, all I have to do is push my M2 button twice (second to confirm traction control is disabled). Simple as that.

How many people in his thread have actually driven or owned a vehicle that has this feature? Yeah, anyways. Carry on bench racers!

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Clubs

When I say rev match- I am speaking of rev matching under all scenarios. Just to be clear as it probably doesn’t come across that way.

The 2 primary ways to rev match is on a downshift to speed and also for braking (aka heel-to-toe downshifting). I 100% have never driven near someone, that I didn’t know, that heel-toe downshifted at corner entry.

I do it every corner. Not for speed but practice as I don’t make it to the track anymore. Active rev-matching is gonna piss a lot of people off. Imagine every time you make a right.

I just don’t see it unless you are in a mode like Sport or Baja.

Can we unequivocally state that any one that puts a misfire aka pop aka burble tune on their Bronco be permanently banned from the site?

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6spd 2013 F150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
My ‘19 Mustang GT has the rev match. It is selectable and blips the throttle on down shifts. I love it because the exhaust sounds soooo good. One bit of tech I don’t mind at all.

Advertisement

Advertisement