First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Expedition, 12 Jeep KK, 01 F250 PSD ZF6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know if Ford is planning on offering rev matching with the new 7 speed? I seen some literature from Getrag that shows the MTI550 is capable of this feature. Also the 2.3L/6 speed mustang has rev matching. I'm still having the 2.3/7MT vs 2.7/10A debate. I will probably get the (you have a right foot standard equipment) comment on this one :giggle:.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wouldnā€™t you love to rev match that thing going backwards up a 37 degree grade??

TonyPonz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if Ford is planning on offering rev matching with the new 7 speed? I seen some literature from Getrag that shows the MTI550 is capable of this feature. Also the 2.3L/6 speed mustang has rev matching. I'm still having the 2.3/7MT vs 2.7/10A debate. I will probably get the (you have a right foot standard equipment) comment on this one :giggle:.
I am in the opposite camp on this. My BMW M2 has this feature, and I would have sold it long ago if I wasn't able to find a way to disable it. I want my manual to be a manual, not a semi-manual.

Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to revive this thread. Have we heard anything on this feature at all? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but doesn't mean Ford doesn't plan on having it.

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I do rev-match all my manuals, there are times I donā€™t. Like when I go to work at 5am- so I hope you can turn it off permanently with out flashing it. Would hate to have to disable it every morning.

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people that drive manual donā€™t rev match. It isnā€™t something you learn unless youā€™ve gone to a race school. Or actively watch motor sports. Kinda like trail braking.

I have very, very rarely heard rev-matching during my autocross days. Even during HPDE, only about half did it. I can count onone hand the amount of times I have heard a pre rev-match car do it on the streets.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And how exactly do you figure that? Do you use traction control or turn it off every time? Power steering? Electric starter? Sounds pretty scummy to me. I thought we were driving here. I guess I misunderstood.

I actually really like the feature on my M3. If I want to rev match and not have the computer do it, I put in in Sport+ mode and itā€™s disabled. In fact, all I have to do is push my M2 button twice (second to confirm traction control is disabled). Simple as that.

How many people in his thread have actually driven or owned a vehicle that has this feature? Yeah, anyways. Carry on bench racers!

Sponsored

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I say rev match- I am speaking of rev matching under all scenarios. Just to be clear as it probably doesnā€™t come across that way.

The 2 primary ways to rev match is on a downshift to speed and also for braking (aka heel-to-toe downshifting). I 100% have never driven near someone, that I didnā€™t know, that heel-toe downshifted at corner entry.

I do it every corner. Not for speed but practice as I donā€™t make it to the track anymore. Active rev-matching is gonna piss a lot of people off. Imagine every time you make a right.

I just donā€™t see it unless you are in a mode like Sport or Baja.

Can we unequivocally state that any one that puts a misfire aka pop aka burble tune on their Bronco be permanently banned from the site?

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ā€˜19 Mustang GT has the rev match. It is selectable and blips the throttle on down shifts. I love it because the exhaust sounds soooo good. One bit of tech I donā€™t mind at all.

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's F1 tech sequentials don't have synchros they have to do it. By computer. Anything with a synchro your wasting your time.
Sorry, not really understanding what you are saying.

I have no problem with the computer doing. But there is a big difference between it automatically doing and you can disable it or the Bronco not doing it unless you activate it.

I am in favor of having it. But hope that if I turn it off it stays off. Kinda annoying to have to go through a few menus every time I want it off. It is like having a car with a sport mode that once the car goes off, it defaults to economy.

As far as wasting my time, you can say the same about driving manual. I rev match to keep the muscle memory. If you canā€™t do it flawlessly in a semi-controlled environment at a low speed, you have no business trying it in a stressful scenario involving other cars (HPDE)

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not needed in this type of vehicle you should use clutch drag to bring about controlled engine braking its much more useful in a truck w/o a Jake brake! Save the racing for the race car!
Dont really agree with you. Rev matching may be used to help on wear and tear. I hope to get a manual Sasquatch.

Im not sure what you mean by clutch drag as a technique. Rev-match - save for a race car?

Ok I will concede and agree rev-match is a motorsport technique. But not all motorsport techniques are purely based for speed. They can also be used to help prevent wear-and-tear.

The heavy 35s, tall tires, and wheels are a big load on the drivetrain. Rev-matching can help lessen the shock. May not be that important when braking. But you better believe dropping a gear while going uphill while towing- it is very important.