redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool video. Quin is a cool dude. For those following along with this whole steering rack saga. When Quin explains about the fail points he also explains the situation that cause those point to fail. Just pointing out some things to watch how you drive your Bronc and on how to prolong the life of your stocker until you can afford the upgrade. Just gotta wheel it a bit gingerly until the upgrade. It's a Bronco don't drive it like a Jeep. :ROFLMAO: Honestly I have seen those situations he described break a wheel joint in a SFA.

It's a lot of Murphy's Law.

Wheel on HORSEMEN!!!!!!!! šŸ˜

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool video. Quin is a cool dude. For those following along with this whole steering rack saga. When Quin explains about the fail points he also explains the situation that cause those point to fail. Just pointing out some things to watch how you drive your Bronc and on how to prolong the life of your stocker until you can afford the upgrade. Just gotta wheel it a bit gingerly until the upgrade. It's a Bronco don't drive it like a Jeep. :ROFLMAO: Honestly I have seen those situations he described break a wheel joint in a SFA.

It's a lot of Murphy's Law.

Wheel on HORSEMEN!!!!!!!! šŸ˜
Your absolute correct on all points. I wheel the crap out of my 2021 Bronco been on Rubicon to Moab twice. Just don't drive like that one guy.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw this the other day from Lite Brite. No way in hell should anyone attempt what they did outside of a shop. Iā€™d thought the rack motor couldnā€™t be moved, but they figured it out with a lot of struggling and patience.

Would love this rack with ICON tie rods, or the HOSS 3.0 rack in a few years.

All we need now is someone to do chromoly axles (50 rear, 44 front) and the Bronco should be solid as hell on rocks ā€œwithin reasonā€ā€¦..

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this the other day from Lite Brite. No way in hell should anyone attempt what they did outside of a shop. Iā€™d thought the rack motor couldnā€™t be moved, but they figured it out with a lot of struggling and patience.

All we need now is someone to do chromoly axles (50 rear, 44 front) and the Bronco should be solid as hell on rocks ā€œwithin reasonā€ā€¦..
Dana's D60 upgrade axle has chrome moly shafts in it. At least thats what they told me. I have one on order (still waiting on a matching front before they are going to ship it to me)

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yukon just released their new chromoly shafts for the bronco m220 rear this week I heard

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dana's D60 upgrade axle has chrome moly shafts in it. At least thats what they told me. I have one on order (still waiting on a matching front before they are going to ship it to me)
Wow, a 60?!!!

Correct me if Iā€™m off; Raptor is 50 at back and a 44 up front. Normal Bronco is 44 at back and a 30 up front.

Will you still run IFS up front? And what size?

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Snacktime and I have swapped out to 3.0 hoss in his garage twice now, is this so different. We also removed a defective 3.0 motor and tried a 2.0 motor, with the right tools I didn't think it was all that difficult.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How much for the 60?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Snacktime and I have swapped out to 3.0 hoss in his garage twice now, is this so different. We also removed a defective 3.0 motor and tried a 2.0 motor, with the right tools I didn't think it was all that difficult.
Thereā€˜s been talk of the issues getting the HOSS rack to program properly in a non-WildTrak. Well, itā€™s not talk, itā€™s a fact. Think there is supposed to be an update to fix the coding issue, but I personally am just fuzzy on that detail. Someone like Bmadda knows much more than I on this topic.

Iā€™m doing some exploratory research because switching out the rack in roughly 3 or 4 years will be my first serious mod to my BadSquatch. Iā€™m fine with stock for now, but before I rip out the suspension and upgrade things, the rack and axles are my first order of business.

There was something about the motor components making it tricky, but not impossible. Heck, the 74Weld CEO just did it in the video, but heā€™s a pretty damn good engineer. Nothing a good mechanic canā€™t figure out, but it has to be someone who cares about their work and has the tools, etc, so itā€™s a difficult DIY, but doable with some skill and patience which Iā€™m short on both! :ROFLMAO:

Iā€™ve read the mechanical exploits of the two of you guys for some time and youā€™re much further along with this knowledge than I am.

Wish portals werenā€™t so pricey since they donā€™t change geometry and would be great for 37s.

Anyway, also saw Bubba @Exodus4x4 install this rack and wasnā€™t sure if he lifted that motor or did something else. This video was more of a walkthrough, whereas Exodus, at the time, was more informing what was being developed. Both vids were an education and very hopeful.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@MadMan4BamaNATL

You are correct on so many points if it were not for Nate and the reprogramming I'd be SOL, way over my head. I learned to drive when cars had no computer.
Sponsored