Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's strange because I swear they said they were not selling components and only selling the entire rack...and ONLY they would sell entire units they gutted and swapped parts in because of the complexity.

Guess they changed their minds.. do they also change their stance on the HOSS 1.0? Is this end cap for those or still only HOSS 3?
I don’t have both but another thread says the 1.0 and 3.0 passenger housing is the same, just the boot is different
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's strange because I swear they said they were not selling components and only selling the entire rack...and ONLY they would sell entire units they gutted and swapped parts in because of the complexity.

Guess they changed their minds.. do they also change their stance on the HOSS 1.0? Is this end cap for those or still only HOSS 3?
I think 74Weld is seeing the financial side. These parts have a place in the market at a price point. I have the HOSS 3.0 bushing, most likely the first one out of the shop. I actually haven't checked if he sent me a passenger side for HOSS 1.0 or 3.0 as I have both boots. Just waiting to get time to install, i went to Wild Horse event yesterday.

I recommend calling and talking to 74Weld, they are working through what they are offering. They will also sell you individual parts if you just want the housing.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think 74Weld is seeing the financial side. These parts have a place in the market at a price point. I have the HOSS 3.0 bushing, most likely the first one out of the shop. I actually haven't checked if he sent me a passenger side for HOSS 1.0 or 3.0 as I have both boots. Just waiting to get time to install, i went to Wild Horse event yesterday.

I recommend calling and talking to 74Weld, they are working through what they are offering. They will also sell you individual parts if you just want the housing.
lol. I remember seeing the first 74weld video for the complete rack and they saying the housing and bushing wasn’t an optimal option (probably taking a dig at BB). This is definitely a financial decision as this will attract those that don’t want to pay 3-5K for the complete rack.

I too was at the wild horses event on Saturday and Sunday. Would have been cool to meet you and put a face to the bronco. 😜

I was the 2-door on the track testing out my suspension. 💀

Ford Bronco 74Weld Steering upgrades- Bushings and Housing! IMG_3361

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

lol. I remember seeing the first 74weld video for the complete rack and they saying the housing and bushing wasn’t an optimal option (probably taking a dig at BB). This is definitely a financial decision as this will attract those that don’t want to pay 3-5K for the complete rack.

I too was at the wild horses event on Saturday and Sunday. Would have been cool to meet you and put a face to the bronco. 😜

I was the 2-door on the track testing out my suspension. 💀

Ford Bronco 74Weld Steering upgrades- Bushings and Housing! IMG_3361
I took like 5 photos, I was in the Green Bronco high centered on the rocks.

ch-c4jBB5jZYxaO_VQkYkog=w1315-h740-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great & at a decent price point. Unfortunely BB does not do his own machining & this extra cost get added to the consumer.
I've already gone down the BB stage-3 rabbit hole as it was the only game in town solving the issues at the time. I may end up going with Welds full rack with the bigger motor at some point depending on price. I've had the stock motor get tired a couple of times making it difficult to steer 🤠 .

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be interested hear how well/tight that Driver's side fits into the rack, I know they used plastic to mate the circular bronze bushing to the non circular rack, but given the high wear rates on modern plastic bushings, i'm not sure it's really worth having two different materials and extra mating surfaces on that side.

The passenger housing definietely looks like a winner though.

I'll probably end up doing both after @Snacktime gets a chance to install them and give us his thoughts.

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a great convo with 74Weld this morning. Great company, great products!

I think this stage 1 kit is the way I'm going to go for now with 37's. I'm not sure the Stage 2 cost ($3600) is worth the investment vs moving all the way to stage 3 (which is the cost of HOSS 3.0 rack + stage 2 cost). He said if you want stage 3 now you can buy your own HOSS 3.0 rack and send it in. They have them on order from Ford but they're not going to spend hours calling around to dealerships to find one.

I trust 74Weld about a 1000 times more than Broncbuster, and their stage 1 solution is at a much better price!

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man WTF I've been waiting on my 74Weld housing to be made for two months now. This is making me consider getting a refund and picking up this set instead, as they're obviously making these.
The issue isn’t the housing, it’s the 3.0 rack. Ford Performance was supposed to be releasing them right about now.

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great option...not sure if I will go stage 1 or pony up for the stage 2 in the coming year.
Definitely hope to see an install video from one of the Bronco influencers (or skin-fluencers) out there! :LOL: ;) :cool:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be interested hear how well/tight that Driver's side fits into the rack, I know they used plastic to mate the circular bronze bushing to the non circular rack, but given the high wear rates on modern plastic bushings, i'm not sure it's really worth having two different materials and extra mating surfaces on that side.

The passenger housing definietely looks like a winner though.

I'll probably end up doing both after @Snacktime gets a chance to install them and give us his thoughts.
This is an engineered solution, with materials chosen for there specific properties. I will admit it complicates the design but I have a feeling this is carry over from their full housing.

Stolen from their website
Ford Bronco 74Weld Steering upgrades- Bushings and Housing! 1684779582972

The issue isn’t the housing, it’s the 3.0 rack. Ford Performance was supposed to be releasing them right about now.
@Tex see its all fords fault like normal!

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I was in Moab for Bronco week
Can you elaborate, the 3.0 Hoss is available now the Bronco Raptor has an upgrade case. Ford Performance was in Moab for Bronco week testing a rack and that's all they would say, I asked if the drive belt for the gears would be thicker and they had no clue about a belt. Not hold my breath wanting on FP.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you elaborate, the 3.0 Hoss is available now the Bronco Raptor has an upgrade case. Ford Performance was in Moab for Bronco week testing a rack and that's all they would say, I asked if the drive belt for the gears would be thicker and they had no clue about a belt. Not hold my breath wanting on FP.
You'll be better off with 74Weld instead of a Ford re-do that will be just strong enough 🤠

Last edited:

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

They had a recall on them. Happened right before 74Weld released the rack for sale but Ford assured them it wouldn’t be an issue getting them good donors for the rack builds. Turns out that wasn’t true.
Anyways, for the time being we can get empty housing from 74 and if someone has a Hoss 3.0, Hoss 2.0, or Raptor steering already, we can transplant the parts over.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oil-impregnated-bronze?