redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Q:Where can I get a wire harness and computer for this engine?
Asked by DEREK on September 06, 2020
A:
Hello Derek, Ford Performance will be offering one later the year.
70.gif
Ford Performance Parts Answer - September 09, 2020
Answer This Question
Q:What bolt pattern is the bell housing and Will there be a controller for a manual transmission models?
Asked by AARON on August 25, 2020
A:
Hello Aaron, this engine will use the same bolt pattern as a 5.0 Coyote, 4.6/5.4. A controls pack is slated for later this year from Ford Performance.
70.gif
Ford Performance Parts Answer - August 28, 2020

....... see this "controls pack" will run the engine but to get that and the drivetrain ECM to work together, so you retain goat modes, trail control, etc. this might be a little tricky use you have an insider in Ford to help you out. I'm sure it can be done with a couple of laptops and the right passwords. :unsure:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A:
70.gif
Answer This Question
Q:What bolt pattern is the bell housing and Will there be a controller for a manual transmission models?
A:
Hello Aaron, this engine will use the same bolt pattern as a 5.0 Coyote, 4.6/5.4. A controls pack is slated for later this year from Ford Performance.
70.gif

....... see this "controls pack" will run the engine but to get that and the drivetrain ECM to work together, so you retain goat modes, trail control, etc. this might be a little tricky use you have an insider in Ford to help you out. I'm sure it can be done with a couple of laptops and the right passwords. :unsure:
Hold up. Let me start out by saying I'm a turbo Dummy... But.. Am I correct in thinking these goat modes basically change settings for the engine? Like fuel mixture? Stuff like that to gain hp or gain torque?

If that is the case, 700+ hp and what was it 500+ lb/ft torque? So would we even care about G.O.A.T. modes?

Don't go soft on us @BAUS67 , keep the movement alive!

OP
OP
frinesi2

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hold up. Let me start out by saying I'm a turbo Dummy... But.. Am I correct in thinking these goat modes basically change settings for the engine? Like fuel mixture? Stuff like that to gain hp or gain torque?

If that is the case, 700+ hp and what was it 500+ lb/ft torque? So would we even care about G.O.A.T. modes?

There's a lot of communication between ECU and TCU for shift points, torque overload protection, traction control, and you guessed it, emissions.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A:
70.gif
Answer This Question
A:
70.gif

There's a lot of communication between ECU and TCU for shift points, torque overload protection, traction control, and you guessed it, emissions.
Hey, both you Debby Downers wanna give it a break? F emissions, F traction control, is torque overload even a thing? We can never have enough torque!

Now take a deep breath and say it with me "V8's are for real men, only little boys drive turbos!"?

Edit. Hey @JAGSarge
Ford Bronco 780 hp NA from 7.3L Godzilla giphy(1)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The way I understand it does not change for more power just the application of the power and the trail control is so you don't have to "two foot it". I read where the goat modes will change how fast the "tip in" is. or in other words how much you push the pedal in relation to how far the computer moves the throttle body.

Secondly .............. Yes you are correct with that kind of power it would not be needed as much but will still be "cool" to retain it. In the past these "control packs' only control the engine and depending on what trans you use you will need a "control pack" for that. If you have a 10SPD in your Bronco you will just need to make two "talk" to each other. I've been out of the game for while but try to keep up on things. Had a few fast foxes back in the day and people would always ask why is yours so fast. I would just say because I "tweeked" it. In reality I just play tricks with the ECM all the time. ( it's a loooong story, maybe another time. (y))

for the record @EvlNvrDys I'm watching Metal Mayhem on MTV Classic while I'm surfing here. Don't play much of the heavy stuff but at least it's something.to listen to. ??

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

for the record @EvlNvrDys I'm watching Metal Mayhem on MTV Classic while I'm surfing here. Don't play much of the heavy stuff but at least it's something.to listen to. ??
I wish they'd bring back Headbangers Ball, 80's style, back to TV!
???

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m guessing one of these in a Bronco would require a back seat delete to account additional gas tank space Lol
Has no one on here ever driven a FSB with a 351 under the hood? You know when 12 MPG was a good day. Sure we had 35 gallon tanks back then, but you know... Technology. They'll squeeze a few more gallons into the tank ?

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey, both you Debby Downers wanna give it a break? F emissions, F traction control, is torque overload even a thing? We can never have enough torque!

Now take a deep breath and say it with me "V8's are for real men, only little boys drive turbos!"?

Edit. Hey @JAGSarge

I know you are not a turbo guy but in the video towards the end you will here him say with the Whipple on there Wolfe thinks it will be in the 1500-1600 HP. Whipple is a supercharger and it works just like a turbo it makes you engine think it's bigger. They compress the air and force more in. "AIR" is 1 bar. if you put 1 bar of boost in the motor you will, in theory, double the horsepower, 2 bar and you triple it. Before everyone chimes in this is just in theory to help you understand, there are many others factors that complicate things but that is the "nuts and bolts" of it.

Hence the 'ZILLA in the video makes 800 ponies so if you put 15 psi( 1 bar) to it it will be in the 1600 range as Mr. Wolfe stated.

one my favorites........ KIX .............. BODY TALK ............. now playing :love:

OP
OP
frinesi2

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Edit. Hey @JAGSarge
Haha sorry. My occasional side gig involves federalizing cars so I have to think about those sorts of things. I forget that nobody actually cares if the car was actually built and sold here originally ?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha sorry. My occasional side gig involves federalizing cars so I have to think about those sorts of things. I forget that nobody actually cares if the car was actually built and sold here originally ?

That's right we wouldn't want to burn the west coast down with global warming. :unsure:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know you are not a turbo guy but in the video towards the end you will here him say with the Whipple on there Wolfe thinks it will be in the 1500-1600 HP. Whipple is a supercharger and it works just like a turbo it makes you engine think it's bigger. They compress the air and force more in. "AIR" is 1 bar. if you put 1 bar of boost in the motor you will, in theory, double the horsepower, 2 bar and you triple it. Before everyone chimes in this is just in theory to help you understand, there are many others factors that complicate things but that is the "nuts and bolts" of it.

Hence the 'ZILLA in the video makes 800 ponies so if you put 15 psi( 1 bar) to it it will be in the 1600 range as Mr. Wolfe stated.

one my favorites........ KIX .............. BODY TALK ............. now playing :love:
Wait what? KIX? Oh God No! Tell me when some RJD, Overkill, Testament, Maiden.. Slayer... Real music comes on ?

And BTW, blown motors rock! That screams American Muscle... Turbos.... Eh... That's more rice burners.

I know we're getting a rice burner engine.. But it's still fun to bash em!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Can’t speak to the Bronco but on my challenger power isn’t directly affected. Basically track is a higher shift point, full open exhaust and removes all traction control but keeps stability control. Sport is a slightly less version of track with stability and traction control. Eco is stability and traction, lower revs and cylinder deactivation.

So as far as I know most manufacturers don’t mess with any actual engine tables they just change the tuning basically which for the most part is just the deactivation (won’t be a thing on Bronco) and the shift points.
Sponsored