redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait what? KIX? Oh God No! Tell me when some RJD, Overkill, Testament, Maiden.. Slayer... Real music comes on ?
easy I did say ONE of my favorites, had to have music the chicks liked back then as well, They would say "don't you have Whitesnake" my reply, "no, I got better stuff than that".

DON"T TELL ME NO, TELL ME YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

CAN I TWIST AND PULL YOUR HAIR.

CAN I DANCE BETWEEN YOUR THIGHS.

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

easy I did say ONE of my favorites, had to have music the chicks liked back then as well, They would say "don't you have Whitesnake" my reply, "no, I got better stuff than that".

DON"T TELL ME NO, TELL ME YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

CAN I TWIST AND PULL YOUR HAIR.

CAN I DANCE BETWEEN YOUR THIGHS.

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
Yeah I used to take my little sister to Warrant concerts at the Ritz in NYC just to check out all the chicks there. Hair bands were good for some things.

OP
OP
frinesi2

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh yeah and don't forget throttle maps. Those probably change a lot with the GOAT modes. Especially "one pedal driving" which is going to interface between the transmission, the engine, and the ABS computer. Oof.

Ummm. I listened to a bunch of Stevie Ray Vaughan today.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh yeah and don't forget throttle maps. Those probably change a lot with the GOAT modes. Especially "one pedal driving" which is going to interface between the transmission, the engine, and the ABS computer. Oof.

Ummm. I listened to a bunch of Stevie Ray Vaughan today.

I can dig some SRV :cool: I can listen to anything..

if no one has ever heard this, and if you know the lyrics you can sing right along, they play it note for note.. if you like classical and Metallica this is for you. It's awesome to me that is sounds just like it but not amplified.

@EvlNvrDys ................. Now Playing Iron Maiden Can I play with Madness

after that is Judas Priest You Got Another Thing Coming.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"....... Helpless people in a LS car scream bug-eyed as he pulls that hammer down. GO GO GODZILLA ZILLA ZILLA"
jtqi_V52OagHaNL?w=115&h=187&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.35&pid=1.jpg
afgDdMBmEigHaHX?w=150&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.35&pid=1.jpg
Ford Bronco 780 hp NA from 7.3L Godzilla 1599876913745

Ford Bronco 780 hp NA from 7.3L Godzilla 1599876997495

Seriously this is the only current ford motor that I have actual passion for. Ford needs to sell a warmed up 600 or 700 hp stock bottom end crate version of this for under $12,000 or so. Its a pushrod truck motor, you cant replace every LS swap on the street with a $20,000 crate motor.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some who is no longer here, has stated the is plenty of room in the Bronco for it. It looks like there is not much inner fender, to me, to get in the way. Big thing is where the oil pan sump falls in relation to the cross member. 10 SPD will bolt up to it. Hardest part to me is merging the engine ECM to the drivetrain ECM.
There is also a version of the 7 speed that fits it. And a while back we all did the size comparisons on the ecoboosts coyotes, 385s windsors and godzilla. I think the consensus was that its only real issues was height. A motor like that deserves a custom hood though.

OP
OP
frinesi2

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is also a version of the 7 speed that fits it. And a while back we all did the size comparisons on the ecoboosts coyotes, 385s windsors and godzilla. I think the consensus was that its only real issues was height. A motor like that deserves a custom hood though.
There are definitely solutions for height:

Ford Bronco 780 hp NA from 7.3L Godzilla 20181006_152828

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s hope Ford builds a 5 something liter Baby Zilla that will fit into the new Bronco.

OP
OP
frinesi2

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let’s hope Ford builds a 5 something liter Baby Zilla that will fit into the new Bronco.
I've wondered about that - would smaller displacement really help packaging? It seems like width and height wouldn't change much with a de-bored and/or de-stroked motor. Width is largely driven by the fact that it's a 90° vee vs. the 60° vee on the 6-cylinders (yes I know the turbos take up lateral space but they can be moved around).

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've wondered about that - would smaller displacement really help packaging? It seems like width and height wouldn't change much with a de-bored and/or de-stroked motor. Width is largely driven by the fact that it's a 90° vee vs. the 60° vee on the 6-cylinders (yes I know the turbos take up lateral space but they can be moved around).
It could be a short deck version like the difference between 289/302s and 351s. Its not huge but there are alot of cars that a 302 fits fine but 351s require different headers and mounts and the occasional notching. Also in an era of fuel economy we could probably go down to 5.8 or 6.0(since its copying diesel displacements) and keep fuel economy in the high teens maybe even 20mpg with the bronco being lighter than the F250s. 400HP 500LBFT as a start sounds great for the production model, while head, cam, and intake upgrades like this guy has done along with tuning would bring you easily into the 600HP range without touching the bottom end. All parts that could be sold through Ford Racing. Just have to design it to make the torque as its main goal and people will buy it for trucks and heavier car engine swaps. Dont want to hurt the pride of the high rpm cammers for the lighter more race oriented cars.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BAUS67 I heard this tune and thought of you:

Thanks @frinesi2 . Never heard that one before, I like MCR. They probably grew up playing covers of Metallica back in their early days.

Just so you aren't like the jocks in high school. They always would yell MEGADEATH !!!! when they saw me and I would give them the ugly stare and just say that's METALLICA NOT MEGADEATH !!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
frinesi2

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks @frinesi2 . Never heard that one before, I like MCR. They probably grew up playing covers of Metallica back in their early days.

Just so you aren't like the jocks in high school. They always would yell MEGADEATH !!!! when they saw me and I would give them the ugly stare and just say that's METALLICA NOT MEGADEATH !!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Haha don't worry, I was about as far from a jock as you could get in high school. Luckily I played percussion in band and bass in a rock group so I coasted through unscathed :LOL:

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The reason you don't see massive engines like that in shorter front end vehicles like the new Bronco and the JL (think of the Hemi aftermarket conversions) from the factory is that there isn't enough room around the engine for effective crumpling of the front end in a collision.

OP
OP
frinesi2

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The reason you don't see massive engines like that in shorter front end vehicles like the new Bronco and the JL (think of the Hemi aftermarket conversions) from the factory is that there isn't enough room around the engine for effective crumpling of the front end in a collision.
Yep.
Sponsored