EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys - I have a 2.3L 7MT 2DR Badlands that was built the week of 4/25/2022. Ever since I got it with 7 miles on the odometer, it’s made this unusual sound at low speeds and I can’t figure out if it’s normal or not. It kind of sounds like an air suction / wind noise or something to that effect, and it seems to be coming from the engine bay. The sound seems to be most noticeable when I’m driving at low speeds. If I get it up to around 5 MPH, throw it into neutral and coast, I can really hear it because there’s no engine noise or tire noise to drown it out. It happens both when the clutch is in and when clutch is out.

This is my first Ecoboost so I’m not sure if this is a normal sound or if I should be worried about it. I had the dealer take a look at it but they said it didn’t seem out of the ordinary. Who knows if they even tried to replicate it, though.

Does anyone else’s Bronco do this? See below for some videos I had my girlfriend take while I was driving. The sound I'm talking about sounds like wind noise in the video.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys - I have a 2.3L 7MT 2DR Badlands that was built the week of 4/25/2022. Ever since I got it with 7 miles on the odometer, it’s made this unusual sound at low speeds and I can’t figure out if it’s normal or not. It kind of sounds like an air suction / wind noise or something to that effect, and it seems to be coming from the engine bay. The sound seems to be most noticeable when I’m driving at low speeds. If I get it up to around 5 MPH, throw it into neutral and coast, I can really hear it because there’s no engine noise or tire noise to drown it out. It happens both when the clutch is in and when clutch is out.

This is my first Ecoboost so I’m not sure if this is a normal sound or if I should be worried about it. I had the dealer take a look at it but they said it didn’t seem out of the ordinary. Who knows if they even tried to replicate it, though.

Does anyone else’s Bronco do this? See below for some videos I had my girlfriend take while I was driving. The sound I'm talking about sounds like wind noise in the video.

That does sound odd... Check that the belts aren't running on the coolant hose? =)

OP
OP
EVH1994

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That does sound odd... Check that the belts aren't running on the coolant hose? =)
Thanks for the idea! I’ll go check that out today.