Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still waiting on my BL EG 7MT to be delivered, so I was hoping to live vicariously through others while I wait. Anyone have any informative tales to spin about their three pedal Bronco? Anyone take it off-road yet? Any rock crawling? Anyone use the “Crank in Gear” feature?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my baseBase, I felt like the tranny/tires/gears were way over geared. 1st felt too short and led to a lurchy 1-2 shift.
When I swapped on the new 35's, it went from being very over geared to ever so slightly under geared, but it launches and does the 1-2 shift MUCH better now.
I'd say 33's would be the perfect fit for the manual and 4.46 gear set I have.

Look up Dusty's videos for manual offroading. They're excellent.

I keep forgetting the crank in gear feature ... but my daughter has used the self restart after you stall it feature. LOL She's just learning.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
On my baseBase, I felt like the tranny/tires/gears were way over geared. 1st felt too short and led to a lurchy 1-2 shift.
When I swapped on the new 35's, it went from being very over geared to ever so slightly under geared, but it launches and does the 1-2 shift MUCH better now.

I keep forgetting the crank in gear feature ... but my daughter has used the self restart after you stall it feature. LOL She's just learning.
I haven't driven a manual Bronco, but have felt based on past experience with various 4x4s and gearing, that the base Bronco with 30" stock tires and 4.46 diffs is over-geared. Which is actually a good thing, because it should as you mentioned, be a nice match for swapping to 33" tires without having to swap diff gears.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Suzuki lurches from 1-2 and I found I just need to wind the engine up more to have a smoother transition. No idea if its the same for the bronco, but I cannot wait for my 2 door BD 7MT!

Sponsored

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have BL with optional beadlocks. So it’s got the 4.70 gears. First and second are short, but I’m not racing it. Just hit 1000 miles, so trying to keep rpm below 3k, so shift to 3rd happens around 25. 3-5 pull nice and get good help from turbo even as low as 2krpm.

on the trail, all I can say is wow. 4L with crawler gear and the 4.70s,it just says, let’s go on steep and technical. No need to touch the clutch , just walk it up the grade at 1mph, 1000rpm. 2@2k, etc.

Crank in gear is handy, stalled one time when I neglected to turn on lockers. One locks were on, just crank it and go. The clutch is very forgiving, but when you’re in a compromising position (stuck on a hill, foot mashing the brake, trying to figure out the right line, etc)not having to think about clutch is nice. Even could left foot brake and right foot on gas to get er moving!

almoat too much for words, it’s fantastic!
Ford Bronco 7MT Club 555F92ED-8C6A-4C9A-96CA-3E0C4C32DD58

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hoping to get in some off roading next weekend.

6B99665E-558C-48E0-A0F8-8660AAC291FC.jpeg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is a stock Badlands with the 4.70 gearing and 285/70R17 tires. I love how slow it can crawl, reminiscent of my 87 Bronco with the T-18 granny gear (6.32 first) trans and 4.10 gears. I did a lot of rock crawling in my old Bronco, this one will see more sandy beach and some woods. The price of entry was high, but the heated seats are very satisfying with the manual.
Ford Bronco 7MT Club C0ABCD86-5BEC-4F51-83C4-CCB52DCFD149

OP
OP

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here’s a good video on when it is useful. The Bronco is a bit different in how it activates, but the use cases are the same. If you stall the Bronco and press the brakes instead of the clutch, it asks if you want to restart in Gear. If you are on a steep incline, it lets you continue with no roll back, essentially, the starter moves you forward until the engine takes over.

slypops

Badlands
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford F-150 4x4 , 11 JK wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is a stock Badlands with the 4.70 gearing and 285/70R17 tires. I love how slow it can crawl, reminiscent of my 87 Bronco with the T-18 granny gear (6.32 first) trans and 4.10 gears. I did a lot of rock crawling in my old Bronco, this one will see more sandy beach and some woods. The price of entry was high, but the heated seats are very satisfying with the manual.
Ford Bronco 7MT Club C0ABCD86-5BEC-4F51-83C4-CCB52DCFD149
Badlands 4.7 L4 33" tires Off road is near perfect / On road 2nd gears pulls really strongly, 13/15 lbs of boost: 1st gear runs out of breath early, noticed less than 2 lbs of boost maximum; has to be computer pulling it out. Not looking for a V-`10 but traffic is thick in Florida. Purchased Premium Care so mods must be carefully thought out.

Sponsored

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still waiting on my BL EG 7MT to be delivered, so I was hoping to live vicariously through others while I wait. Anyone have any informative tales to spin about their three pedal Bronco? Anyone take it off-road yet? Any rock crawling? Anyone use the “Crank in Gear” feature?
Oh man, you're going to like my new video coming out in the next few days! I did a full demo/review of the Manual. I'll let you know once it's released. just a bit more editing to do.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree on the gears. My BL feels so much happier on 35's with the 4.7s.

My wife is also very familiar with the automatic restart :ROFLMAO: she's getting better though

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my manual transmission. I use to only drive manuals back in college and I haven’t had one in years. Fun to go back to my roots. I would agree that 1st and 2nd are a tad short, but for off-roading it makes sense. The throw length is perfect, and shifting gears is a breeze. I’m excited to get it off-road this spring!
Sponsored