First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. I drove into the dealer with a 5 speed and drove out only after stalling in 3rd on my first attempt. And then again at the first stoplight, with my salesman along for his first bronco ride. Quite embarrassing. šŸ˜
Tell them it was the auto stop/start kicking in šŸ«£ At least it automatically restarted when you pressed the clutch back in.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. I drove into the dealer with a 5 speed and drove out only after stalling in 3rd on my first attempt. And then again at the first stoplight, with my salesman along for his first bronco ride. Quite embarrassing. šŸ˜
There is definitely a thing with the Bronco 7mt. when backing up and then Going from R to 1st, I frequently put it in 3rd. I now glance at the dash and check that its in 1st. My other car is a manual and donā€™t have this issue.

OP
OP

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is definitely a thing with the Bronco 7mt. when backing up and then Going from R to 1st, I frequently put it in 3rd. I now glance at the dash and check that its in 1st. My other car is a manual and donā€™t have this issue.
That could be it - on my 5-speeds, R is on the bottom right, so it is up and all the way left to get into 1st. With the Bronco, R is top left, so 1st is down, right, but not too far right, and up. Just something to get used to, I guess.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked out non-Sas Badlands up on Saturday, youā€™re going to love it. All of my other sticks have been 5-speeds, so Iā€™ll have to get used to the new position for reverse, and my wife stalled it twice accidentally trying to start out in 3rd, but it shifts like a dream.
My last one is a three on the tree, so I know it take a little time getting use to it.

Sponsored

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
That could be it - on my 5-speeds, R is on the bottom right, so it is up and all the way left to get into 1st. With the Bronco, R is top left, so 1st is down, right, but not too far right, and up. Just something to get used to, I guess.
Instead of going straight for the gear, you can letting the stick return to the neutral position, then shift for first. Itā€™ll take a moment longer, but it will take away the guess work.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would need this shifter if I had a manual.

Ford Bronco 7MT Club 266C4FFA-CC9A-417C-B06A-F5C76341D1A2

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't recall it being a feature but my 7sp seems to auto-rev for me in 1st/R when letting the clutch out. Any one else experience this? Seems like the computer is compensating and not letting it stall out.

OP
OP

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't recall it being a feature but my 7sp seems to auto-rev for me in 1st/R when letting the clutch out. Any one else experience this? Seems like the computer is compensating and not letting it stall out.
Yes, it does. C also. Honestly, it is the best manual I have ever driven. I was driving around town with my 20 YO daughter (who also drives stick) in the back seat for about 10 minutes before she even noticed that it was a stick-shift.

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One car I owned had a very finicky 1st gear down shifting when say approaching a stop sign or light. Even when you were creeping at single digits, and sometimes full stop, it wouldnā€™t let you go into first. It even did this when coming from reverse. A go around we discovered was shifting into second gear first and then into first gear. Worked everytime; so now I do this out of habit and never once have I started off in third with this vehicle.

That being said, the biggest downfall of owning a manual is this godforsaken POS key fob. For Christs sake, the alarm button (which would be remote start if you were driving an autotragic) is the LARGEST BUTTON ON THE WHOLE REMOTE. I was getting out of my truck this morning at 6am and set the alarm off by having my fob in my left pocket and sliding out of the seat.

Iā€™ve inadvertently set off the alarm more times than any other car Iā€™ve owned. It really is an easily caught oversight, and I have every intention of trying to disable it with Forscan.

Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone else's left shoe catch on the metal plate for the OBD2 port sometimes? I'm half tempted to saw it out of there and relocate.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One car I owned had a very finicky 1st gear down shifting when say approaching a stop sign or light. Even when you were creeping at single digits, and sometimes full stop, it wouldnā€™t let you go into first. It even did this when coming from reverse. A go around we discovered was shifting into second gear first and then into first gear. Worked everytime; so now I do this out of habit and never once have I started off in third with this vehicle.

That being said, the biggest downfall of owning a manual is this godforsaken POS key fob. For Christs sake, the alarm button (which would be remote start if you were driving an autotragic) is the LARGEST BUTTON ON THE WHOLE REMOTE. I was getting out of my truck this morning at 6am and set the alarm off by having my fob in my left pocket and sliding out of the seat.

Iā€™ve inadvertently set off the alarm more times than any other car Iā€™ve owned. It really is an easily caught oversight, and I have every intention of trying to disable it with Forscan.
I disabled my panic button in Forscan after the first few times of setting it off accidentally and never looked back. I also disabled the honk when I set the alarm/lock the car, felt bad waking up my neighbors when I get home at 6:00 in the morning by locking the truck.
Love my manual btw.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I started a new thread, but now see you lot may be my target for this question!

Those of you with 2 doors, 7MT and 35s/Sasquatch...what's it like on the highway? How far have you driven, and how beat up did you feel?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ha! Im also constantly setting the alarm off on the Bronco with the FOB. Iā€™m glad itā€™s not just me.

OP
OP

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ha! Im also constantly setting the alarm off on the Bronco with the FOB. Iā€™m glad itā€™s not just me.
The main reason I bought the Forescan equipment was to turn off the damn panic alarm on my Escape. I'll be doing that shortly on the Bronco.
Sponsored