Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You are confusing reality with hope.

Let’s keep it simple.

You’re ridiculous post has no bearing on anything. Even where the axiom, not law was developed from, is no longer even the case. Eventually everything reaches its limit. Let’s look at compute abilities which is what the non-law was developed for. It is reaching its limit. Although not there yet we are close. It has to do with the size of the compute area. You can only go so small with the transistors and so far apart.

However here there is an actual viable next step. Quantum computing. It is already in use but has a very limited use set currently. But there is technology there actual physics to support it.

Now let’s look at batteries. Current battery technology is about as far as it can go. There is no more head room from breakthroughs but there is for refinement. So you will see some improvement but nothing major. And this based on reality as well. To repeat myself but still based in reality… you can only push so many electrons through a substrate so fast so many times until it is completely destroyed. The faster you push them the faster it degrades. This is simple physics and reality.

So taking that beyond basic understanding… you clearly see the limits and where it is being held back.

There has to be a new magic battery made that will allow for Lego kit range and faster charging. That is impossible with the current type of batteries. It is not based on today’s technology but the way batteries work. Period. So there needs to be a new magic battery found. It’s simple and there are absolutely no legitimate contenders to do that.

It is not a knock on the technology but accepting it for what it is. Look at almost any pure electric car. It can out accelerate my gas powered V8 Mustang like I were going in reverse. But I can go on a road trip in it if I wanted and not have to plan a route with dozens of stops to charge it.

And no cares what silly insults you would call people. Stick to the topic at hand.
In 1965, Gordon Moore posited that roughly every two years, the number of transistors on microchips will double.
This is not a law, and has nothing to do with what your discussing here, and just isn't true in general for microchips either.

Technology will advance, but it's because real people are doing real work. Not because of some imaginary law making things so.
Both of you did a little Google searching on Moore's Law which is great. You learned something today you had no idea you would. I didn't try to insult anyone, I sure didn't call anyone an insulting name. Anyway, correct, Moore's applies to transistors and is more about computing area. By reducing size it increases computing power/speed. This is what let's us hold PC's in our hands and stream real time. It is a law, wether you or I want to call it one. A theory that becomes PROVEN, is a law. Thats science, not like Covid vaccine or gender identity stuff, but actual science.
So its not, like I mentioned in multiple post, the same thing as battery improvement but the same principle applies. Advancements in technology increase speed,performance, production, info sharing and computing of electronics. This will be the what breaks thru the EV issues. I bet your phone now can hold a charge 4-8 times longer than your first one. Similar battery materials, different ways of processing power. When Lithium batteries first came out they were/are far superior to alkaline, sorta magic batteries. Why do you think there won't be any other breakthroughs?? New materials or better processing improvements or any other advancements. It's like saying when flat screens came out TV's would not get any better. The. They got thinner and lighter and better pictures, AND cheaper.

If I insinuated that EV's (with Lithium batteries especially) will without a doubt be the predominant vehicles produced then I apologize because I have NO way of knowing that but saying that it'll never happen is just kinda silly to me. So apologies if I hurt any feelings. Not my intention arlt all. After all it's a Bronco forum, even though most of us still can't get ours.
Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both of you did a little Google searching on Moore's Law which is great. You learned something today you had no idea you would.
Lol. I have a computer engineering degree, you haven't taught me anything yet. Have a nice day.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both of you did a little Google searching on Moore's Law which is great. You learned something today you had no idea you would. I didn't try to insult anyone, I sure didn't call anyone an insulting name. Anyway, correct, Moore's applies to transistors and is more about computing area. By reducing size it increases computing power/speed. This is what let's us hold PC's in our hands and stream real time. It is a law, wether you or I want to call it one. A theory that becomes PROVEN, is a law. Thats science, not like Covid vaccine or gender identity stuff, but actual science.
So its not, like I mentioned in multiple post, the same thing as battery improvement but the same principle applies. Advancements in technology increase speed,performance, production, info sharing and computing of electronics. This will be the what breaks thru the EV issues. I bet your phone now can hold a charge 4-8 times longer than your first one. Similar battery materials, different ways of processing power. When Lithium batteries first came out they were/are far superior to alkaline, sorta magic batteries. Why do you think there won't be any other breakthroughs?? New materials or better processing improvements or any other advancements. It's like saying when flat screens came out TV's would not get any better. The. They got thinner and lighter and better pictures, AND cheaper.

If I insinuated that EV's (with Lithium batteries especially) will without a doubt be the predominant vehicles produced then I apologize because I have NO way of knowing that but saying that it'll never happen is just kinda silly to me. So apologies if I hurt any feelings. Not my intention arlt all. After all it's a Bronco forum, even though most of us still can't get ours.
Nice try kiddo. I've worked with and on computers for a long time. You are not impressing nor teaching anyone anything.

Do you have anything germane to add to the topic to add or are you done trolling?

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice try kiddo. I've worked with and on computers for a long time. You are not impressing nor teaching anyone anything.

Do you have anything germane to add to the topic to add or are you done trolling?

Did we just become best friends?

----

Just to clarify, I believe anyone who doubts hybrids/evs are coming for a majority of people is an idiot. I also think anyone who thinks an ev is the right solution for anyone 100% of the time is an idiot. It's a growing solution and is a useful tool for many.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Currently, the easiest way to produce hydrogen is from cracking petroleum. It also takes forty times more petroleum to manufacture that same energy potential with hydrogen as the same equivalent of gasoline.
You mean Natural Gas NOT Petroleum. Anyway that's not the best way, its just the most common way today, BUT tomorrow ........

Sponsored

Balerstos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's always weird to me that the people who say we're the best country in the world are also the same people who say any progress in technology or science is impossible.

I'll be shocked if EV tech isn't improved dramatically in 8-10 years. Look at the difference between literally any electronic device you were using 10 years ago and compare it to the version that is now out. Televisions, telephones, computers, handheld devices, internet...I'd be very surprised if anyone preferred what they had in 2012 or thought they were just as powerful or efficient.

You can bet that any EV Bronco would have the power and range required for a vehicle of that type. It's why they're talking about it being 8 years from now and not in 2023.

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What are even you talking about?? "Nice try", what is that even referring to? Calling me kiddo doesn't bother me, ace. I'm not trolling anything, if you would have read my post, like I yours, you would have actually addressed any of the things I mentioned in it. Like lithium vs alkaline batteries when they came out. Or flat screens getting thinner and lighter and better picture all while getting cheaper. Technology keeps improving, you being "a computer" guy, I'd think you'd be on board with that. Oh well, if you haven't gotten your bronco, best of luck, I hope you do soon. I'd love to get mine soon. Who knows maybe in 10 years we will both have BEV's and be discussing the flying Bronco's. The Jetson's said we'd have them by 2020 and still not close.

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's always weird to me that the people who say we're the best country in the world are also the same people who say any progress in technology or science is impossible.

I'll be shocked if EV tech isn't improved dramatically in 8-10 years. Look at the difference between literally any electronic device you were using 10 years ago and compare it to the version that is now out. Televisions, telephones, computers, handheld devices, internet...I'd be very surprised if anyone preferred what they had in 2012 or thought they were just as powerful or efficient.

You can bet that any EV Bronco would have the power and range required for a vehicle of that type. It's why they're talking about it being 8 years from now and not in 2023.
This is what I was trying to say and apparently didn't do a good job and just made a couple folks mad. I just can't understand how people say "it'll never happen". That's just silly in my opinion, for the exact reasons you mentioned.

StachioAttack72

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

People asked me how much I love my
Bronco. I tell them “So much so that I sold my Tesla Model Y for it”

$65k for an EV with 325 miles of range that loses 60 in the first year even with regular charging guidelines, and an interior made with IKEA-grade materials. Yeah no.

Maybe battery tech will improve in 7 years, but for off-roading, doubtful.

America literally has hundreds of years of oil, gas, and coal at its disposal so we can make a logical transition to better energy by first shoring up the grid that EV’s charge on. That first, then focus on a battery/energy source that can replace power for power every type of heavy machinery and truck that runs our economy…then do the passenger vehicles.

The politicians who push the EV crap are delusional, it won’t happen that fast and even if it could, the one guy that could gather the resources to make it happen they’re trying to silence.

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol. I have a computer engineering degree, you haven't taught me anything yet. Have a nice day.
I'm not trying to teach anyone anything, honestly. All I said is you learned what Moore's law was, if you already knew. That's even better. Wasn't trying to rile anyone up. My bad, just having a discussion. Seems like nowadays if someone disagrees they are automatically in the wrong. Didn't mean to suggest you were uneducated or that I could teach people stuff about electronics. It's also still a free country (for now) and you can believe that we will never progress past ICE vehicles if you'd like. More power to you actually.

Sponsored

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will EV’s take over. I have no idea. My fear is the price we will pay for electric in the future. How will we pay road tax? Not arguing any point, just fear for our future in things most people don’t realize it will affect. I’m curious to hear thoughts on this. Thank you

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

What the hell do I care about a 7G Bronco? I'm still trying to get Ford to build/deliver my 6G rig... Sheeeez!

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't believe I read this whole thread to this point and nobody is asking the most important question.

Will I be able to get a manual transmission in a 2030 Bronco or not???

If yes, when is the best time to order that 2030 Bronco? 2028??

;)

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's just a different grill and fenders. I sure hope the 7G doesn't look like the 2G.
Actually the hood, valance and body lines are different. Ford seems to make subtle changes like this in between major design changes.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't believe I read this whole thread to this point and nobody is asking the most important question.

Will I be able to get a manual transmission in a 2030 Bronco or not???

If yes, when is the best time to order that 2030 Bronco? 2028??

;)
Is good to see people like you, full of hope!
Truly believing order banks will be open by 2028!
Bless your heart!
Sponsored