Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good. This solidifies my decision to get this Gen if it is going to be that far out.

Would have preferred a hybrid PHEV.
Sponsored

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Next gen Bronco info:

AutoForeCastSolutions has published its comprehensive North American vehicle product map (updated Nov 2022). Their product map has been pretty accurate in the past.

• Current Bronco (U725) end of production: October 2029
  • Next gen Bronco (U765) start of production: November 2029 (ending 2036)
  • Electric Bronco EV / BEV (U800) start of production: November 2029 (ending 2036)
  • 7th gen Bronco will remain on the T6 platform and continue being built at Michigan Assembly Plant
  • Electric Bronco BEV will be built on TE1 platform (shared with Ranger BEV) and built at Blue Oval City in Tennessee

7thgen-2030-bronco-bronco-ev.jpg
Putting my order in..

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is nothing wrong with electric cars. If it were practical to own one I would. But the people who seem to think they are the answer to everything or have no idea how batteries actually work are the annoying ones.
I haven't seen any of those people in this thread, or hell, this forum. Folks would be wise to respond to the actual points presented in this thread, not ill-informed points that morons are making on Twitter or whatever.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good. This solidifies my decision to get this Gen if it is going to be that far out.

Would have preferred a hybrid PHEV.
Same here, although they may still make a hybrid this or next gen. It just seems Ford is on the backfoot with them. But there I will freely admit that is just the impression from what they have offered lately. But I am still very happy with my tiny motor 2021. :)

I haven't seen any of those people in this thread, or hell, this forum. Folks would be wise to respond to the actual points presented in this thread, not ill-informed points that morons are making on Twitter or whatever.
Then you clearly haven't been reading this thread. lol

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's things I don't like about them (tesla ergonomics are trash), there's things that I do (Holy shit, have you been in a model S Plaid?!?). The tech is getting better, they're getting better looking with every iteration, and they're starting to be part of regular models vs just being one-offs.

Do i like big stonking v8's that make big shouty noises? Of course I do, but digging in my heels and fighting the future is pointless and straight up harmful to those that will come after us. I certainly don't want my grandkids to be sitting around 50 years from now, marveling at their wrecked world and saying "Well, this is shit, but Gramps really liked v8's, and charging took more time away from watching Jeopardy, so i guess that's just what we have to deal with."

I know the generations that came before probably didn't know any better, but we do. And knowing what we do about the world around us and behaving the way we are, I really hope our grandkids can forgive us. At this rate, we probably won't deserve it.
Our ever changing climate and manā€™s role(or lack there of) in itā€™s demise is a topic for another day and place and not one Iā€™m willing to dive into with 99% of people, lol.

Hereā€™s an article that shares my perspective and a key quote from the article.

https://www.realclearenergy.org/art..._how_i_wasted_20_years_of_my_life_839185.html

• I used to think that the world was transitioning to solar, wind, and batteries. This, too, was false. Trillions of dollars were spent on wind and solar projects over the last 20 years, yet the worldā€™s dependence on fossil fuels declined only 3 percentage points, from 87% to 84%.
  • I used to believe nuclear energy was dangerous and nuclear waste was a big problem. In fact, nuclear is the safest and most reliable way to generate low-emission electricity, and it provides the best chance of reducing CO2 emissions.

Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly, I ended up getting a 2022 Tesla Model Y over the Bronco this year. Next will be the bronco. I love the EV :). Works for me, not all.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No it wonā€™t. Not enough to make an electric only viable to the masses. This has been covered and debunked already in this thread.
Your opinion, and no it has not.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The old argument regarding range and time to charge is simply not true for most people's daily driving needs. You can commute daily on your overnight charge and never have to stop at a gas station, so the time to fill up argument is zero for the average driver, while we are still going to gas stations once a week.

If your traveling a long distance, say LA to SF and you need 20-30 minutes to charge up, a nice break to stretch your legs and hit the "restrooms", pun intended; and someone in the car always needs something from the convenience store.

So, even if you travel regularly, how many minutes are you waiting more than a normal road trip stop with your family? Compare that to no gas station time during the work week. The average person just doesn't drive that far on their daily commute and errands on the way home that an over night charge won't top off. So arguing longer "fill up times" at the gas station is a non-starter for an average commuter since they never stop (during work week) at a charging station.

Add in employers and businesses are adding charging stations and one can top off while eating dinner out, something your doing anyway, or at my swim school while they are already there for a set amount of time they could be charging and spend zero additional time going to a gas station.

So for most of us with ICE, gas station time will be once a week? Twice a week? While those in an EV don't stop once to fill up, but leave home full. HMMMM, yet we keep arguing about fill up time?

It seems pretty simple to me, that it takes me longer to go to a gas station every week, then my friend who never has to go because he leaves home with "full tank" err battery every morning. And he's a Home Inspector, working multiple appointments and driving much farther than I commute.

But I'm the one still spending time filling up.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do i like big stonking v8's that make big shouty noises? Of course I do, but digging in my heels and fighting the future is pointless and straight up harmful to those that will come after us.
Check this out. I absolutely would do this "exhaust" up grade on a Mach e if I had one.

I actually saw it first on All Girl Garage and they were cracking up and going crazy over the mod.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Check this out. I absolutely would do this "exhaust" up grade on a Mach e if I had one.

I actually saw it first on All Girl Garage and they were cracking up and going crazy over the mod.
lmao, that's the coolest most useless thing I will see today

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just for comparison it takes about 5 minutes to fill up my F-250 and have over 1000 miles of range. granted that's from 75 gallons of diesel. I did a trip to TX from KY filled up once. I went 1050 miles and still had over 200 miles of range.
That's great, but to be honest, I usually charge my car while sleeping or working (most EV owners do the same) so the time is irrelevant to me. I do probably one or two roadtrips a year and during those, only drive about 400 miles per day. I'm going to Miami for the last two weeks of the year (Father in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and we are spending time with him). I only tow my ~2,500 lbs boat with my Jeep (or eventually my Bronco...) and the lakes are 7 and 14 miles away.
Also, why you pointed out the time to fill, you forgot to mention how much you pay for 75 gallons of Diesel? I pay 9.7 cents per kWh where I live in NC which translates to less than $1 per the equivalent gallon of gas.
Ford Bronco 7th Gen 2030 Bronco Coming End of 2029, Together With Electric Bronco EV (TE1 Platform) 1670603264225

Not everybody can deal with an EV, I'm sure you have an F-250 because you need the 15,000 lbs of towing capacity but for the normal American commute it works for me.
That what's great about capitalism, you can still buy according to your needs and wants.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
And the next time a hurricane hits a refinery or a foreign despot invades a neighboring country, you (and I) will be walking. There is a lot to be said for having one gas/diesel vehicle and one EV in a multiple-vehicle household, just to be better-prepared for future crises. At the family farm, we have 500 gallon gas and off-road diesel tanks, but that ain't practical in the suburbs.
I mean, nowadays it's the latest fad for domestic terrorists (allegedly) to damage power stations, so regardless of vehicle drivetrain, everyone will be walking!
Sponsored