Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Absolutely understand, no bubbles were burst, 😎 but that’s in the framework of today’s technologies.

And that’s my point. 10 years from now there will be breakthroughs; “magic batteries”, ridiculously efficient motors, passive charging systems, wireless charging (Nik Tesla? Your table’s ready) etc.

Or the EV may go the way of fiber optics, and be replaced with an entirely different technology.
Cards on the table...

I've liked my EVs, and they've definitly saved me money relative to the commuter cars I had before, but I vastly prefer trains, streetcars, and clean high-frequency buses fair that kind of use. I don't like driving 2 miles to the food store, or 30 minutes to work. I'd rather be able to just walk there or take a train. That kind of stuff.

The only viable solution on the transportation side for climate change is robust public and bicycle infrastructure in cities/towns. Make not driving a viable option for the people that don't want to own cars, but are forced to because of the way American towns and cities are structured. Make it so the only cars I own are the fun ones I want to, not the efficient ones I need to when making a living.
Sponsored

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not even close to the same situation.
ICE cars catch fire at literally 50-100x the rate that BEVs do, depending on who's data and from what country you're looking at. Even at the low end, 50 cars burning down vs 1, which is more damaging to the environment?

I watched fire crews try to put out a VW Golf for 2 hours once. The engine and gearbox in those contained a bunch of magnesium components that kept burning and reigniting the car. You mention concerns from fire crews about EVs but not about magnesium cars?

Your agenda is showing here, bud.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
After reading entire thread I went back and looked at each person’s location and the type of vehicles they owned. Kinda explains everything.
But hey, I also own rechargeable stuff. Phones, iPads, can opener, weed eater, flashlight and some other stuff that I can’t remember right now.
VNVet from Oklahoma driving an F-250... Talk about stereotypes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ICE cars catch fire at literally 50-100x the rate that BEVs do, depending on who's data and from what country you're looking at. Even at the low end, 50 cars burning down vs 1, which is more damaging to the environment?

Your agenda is showing here, bud.
And there are literally 1000 x more Ice cars on the road so you are showing your agenda. Fact is any lithium battery fire will spew out more pollution that 100's of ice fires.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, should I expect delivery BY 2030 or IN 2030?

Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Late availability"

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
And there are literally 1000 x more Ice cars on the road so you are showing your agenda. Fact is any lithium battery fire will spew out more pollution that 100's of ice fires.
Yeah. That's the entire point. The total fleet of Ferraris puts out more CO2 every year than the total Prius fleet. Does that mean people looking to buy a green vehicle should pick up a 488 as a commuter car? No. Of course not.

Your concern is environmental? Ok. Then talk about fleet emissions over the lifetime of these vehicles and not just a single destructive aspect of them that isn't even a huge number when comparing real world totals. Talk the actual numbers, don't just cherry pick the only data that falls in line with your existing opinion.

Also, what's my agenda? I'm the guy in here talking actual numbers and saying that EVs aren't viable for lots of people. The guy who's also said that EVs aren't a long term solution for transportation and climate change.

Your agenda here is pretty obvious. What's mine?

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2014 Volt takes 4 hours to add 30-40 miles of range to the battery at maximum allowed voltage of 220v(it also has a gasoline engine), the 2022 Hyundai Ionic 5 takes 18 minutes to add over 200 miles to the battery.

This is literally how much EV battery technology has improved in 8 years...
I can still put 400+ miles of range in my f150 in 5 minutes and get a big gulp sooooo.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
anyway forgot about my my diesel sucking kubota.
Ford Bronco 7th Gen 2030 Bronco Coming End of 2029, Together With Electric Bronco EV (TE1 Platform) 1670621782186

You don't say! You will always remain a mystery to me! LOL
I'm sure foreign oil loves your support!

Last edited:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bigdeer2000

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The US Bureau of Transportation says Americans drive 11 Billion miles a day. EV can travel 100 miles on 34KW. So rough math we will need 3,750GW daily to go all electric. 1,875GW to go 50% electric. That’s a lot of coal. I think there is 63GW excess capacity in US now.
Sponsored