Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, mine hasnā€™t updated to built yet.

But I was figuring they load the truck up for Capital Ford and make a run from the rail yard in Winston Salem, then they go back and load it for Crossroads Ford. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Early 8/3 blend for me.

Modules/tear tag appeared late last night, but still ā€In Productionā€. I ordered the roof rack though and Iā€™m fairly confident that isnā€™t installed on the main assembly line, so I would expect my order to take slightly longer to get through production.

Donā€™t know about the Bronco specifically, but typically takes 15-18 hours to finish a vehicle, so I was hoping blend on 8/3, finished up 8/4, and shipped today on 8/5, but that probably was a bit too optimistic.
Mine was early 8/3. Same thing: have a tear tag but still says ā€œIn Productionā€

Kristi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WS received. You were right, I got it yesterday.
Ford Bronco 8/1/22 Build Week Group 1659786386328
I am more excited you got your sticker than if my modules pop today!!!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Early 8/3 blend for me.

Modules/tear tag appeared late last night, but still ā€In Productionā€. I ordered the roof rack though and Iā€™m fairly confident that isnā€™t installed on the main assembly line, so I would expect my order to take slightly longer to get through production.

Donā€™t know about the Bronco specifically, but typically takes 15-18 hours to finish a vehicle, so I was hoping blend on 8/3, finished up 8/4, and shipped today on 8/5, but that probably was a bit too optimistic.
How do you see your Modules/tear tag? I have on my window sticker a blend date of of 0802 and have received no emails, and when I login in it says that we are still (4 days later) "In Production"... so does that mean it is built and sitting on a lot waiting on parts or what? Terrible communication from Ford for the last 2 years on this vehicle!!!

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What is a tear tag and how do you see it???
If you go into the order track app, and click on modules, it takes you to this link:

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Enter in your VIN and the Captcha, and at the top there is a line for Tear Tag. (Down lower is where the modules populate.)

What a tear tag is specifically for, IDK, but I know it is a key step in completion.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a tear tag is specifically for, IDK, but I know it is a key step in completion.
What is a tear tag and how do you see it???
The Tear Tag is a label that goes on your vehicleā€™s PCM (or maybe BCM? I forget). That tag is linked to Fordā€™s database, which an automobile technician can use to look up the programming for the modules in your vehicle. That programming is referred to as the ā€œAs Builtā€ configuration.

If any of the modules in your vehicle fail in the future, technicians can use the As Built configuration to program a new module with the vehicleā€™s original programming.

Itā€™s not intended to be used to track the build status of a vehicle, but weā€™re kinda hijacking the system and using it as a signal that the vehicle is actually progressing down the assembly line.

Bingham23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was early 8/3. Same thing: have a tear tag but still says ā€œIn Productionā€
I was actually an early 8/1 blend and received a tear tag on Tuesday morning. Still saying ā€œIn Productionā€. I do have a roof rack and engine block heater so that could be the hold up. I wonder what type of delay times those accessories are causing on average

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was actually an early 8/1 blend and received a tear tag on Tuesday morning. Still saying ā€œIn Productionā€. I do have a roof rack and engine block heater so that could be the hold up. I wonder what type of delay times those accessories are causing on average
Engine block heater would probably be installed well in-advance, if you install the engine block heater after it is assembled you have to drain and completely refill the coolant system and it is a giant pain to route that cable.

But yeah, the roof rack I'm guessing is an accessory item.

(Also... I may ping you after you get your vehicle. I didn't order the engine block heaterā€”but I may add it after it arrives, haven't decided yet.)

Sponsored

Kristi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eng
Engine block heater would probably be installed well in-advance, if you install the engine block heater after it is assembled you have to drain and completely refill the coolant system and it is a giant pain to route that cable.

But yeah, the roof rack I'm guessing is an accessory item.

(Also... I may ping you after you get your vehicle. I didn't order the engine block heaterā€”but I may add it after it arrives, haven't decided yet.)
Engine block heater??

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Tear Tag is a label that goes on your vehicleā€™s PCM (or maybe BCM? I forget). That tag is linked to Fordā€™s database, which an automobile technician can use to look up the programming for the modules in your vehicle. That programming is referred to as the ā€œAs Builtā€ configuration.

If any of the modules in your vehicle fail in the future, technicians can use the As Built configuration to program a new module with the vehicleā€™s original programming.

Itā€™s not intended to be used to track the build status of a vehicle, but weā€™re kinda hijacking the system and using it as a signal that the vehicle is actually progressing down the assembly line.
Good information! Thanks.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is the link again for you 8/1 heroes. Hope you keep filling it out; it gives many of us hope. I am sorting your spreadsheet a bit and putting build days together. Hope that helps you see trends, dates, etc. Clearly I have nothing to do with my build week spreadsheet yet :rolleyes:.

Yes, it is Thursday afternoon and I don't have a window sticker for my "build" next Tuesday. Confidence isn't high.

8/1 Build Week Spreadsheet
Also an 8/9 build with no
Early 8/3 blend for me.

You are correct in the fact that any and all accessories are not installed on the line. This even includes Wildtrak hood graphics so Wildtrak builds and anything with roof racks, tube steps, etc. tend to take a bit longer to show "built" and "in transit". Hopefully there is no back log

AzGrrl480

Badlands
First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata and Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So mine was showing in production 8/4, the day is was scheduled, and bce mods popped mid morning yesterday. My tracker is now showing in production with a new date of 8/5 and still no pce ā€¦. Was 222/2030. This damn BadSquatch build is going to be the death of me . Weā€™re driving this thing until it diesā€¦ that is if we ever actually get it.​

The_Quigs

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do tear tags continue to generate over the weekend or only weekdays?
Sponsored