First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought this was for all of September? I hope so, anyway.
I think with all of the build week updates that were sent out Friday and Saturday (bumping many of us out by a month or more) that most of September is already filled with a greatly reduced production schedule for August and September. Ford's scheduling computers must have been working overtime as many of us got bumped on Friday night and then re-Bumped on Saturday.

I would guess that most of the builds this Thursday will be for FE Broncos that must get built in 2021.
Sponsored

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Likely going to be all first editions, so… whatevs.

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm new to this forum and not sure what to make of a lot of this info. Been pouring over all of this... I was a day 1 reservation and a February 13th Order for a Badlands, LUXE, MIC top, 2.7 with a Sasquatch package. I still havent even gotten a VIN number yet. What did I miss? Why am I so far behind nearly everyone on this forum? Would love to know more somehow because my dealership doesn't have any reasons for why I don't have a VIN yet.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm new to this forum and not sure what to make of a lot of this info. Been pouring over all of this... I was a day 1 reservation and a February 13th Order for a Badlands, LUXE, MIC top, 2.7 with a Sasquatch package. I still havent even gotten a VIN number yet. What did I miss? Why am I so far behind nearly everyone on this forum? Would love to know more somehow because my dealership doesn't have any reasons for why I don't have a VIN yet.
You are one of tens of thousands of "day 1" reservations without a CIN

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So now the question becomes do I switch to a soft-top before Thursday or stick with the hard-top and hope it doesn’t get built just to sit in the elements till December?!? Which brings up a different question, would Ford leave topless Broncos sitting in purgatory during Michigan winters?
Went to my dealer today and talked with him about roofs. I have a hardtop and I'm one of his top allocations. He wants my Bronco here as bad as I do. He gave me the pros and cons of switching (I have a vin but somehow can switch tops). It's better to wait for the hardtop now if you have a vin, if not switch to a soft top and get it sooner.

Tmite

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it helps, welcome to the club. Exact same as you and so are many others. Bumming out!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Went to my dealer today and talked with him about roofs. I have a hardtop and I'm one of his top allocations. He wants my Bronco here as bad as I do. He gave me the pros and cons of switching (I have a vin but somehow can switch tops). It's better to wait for the hardtop now if you have a vin, if not switch to a soft top and get it sooner.
Ummmm wait. The hard tops are gonna be $2000 plus from the parts dept

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The majority of us are in your situation.

Sponsored

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was the dealer pretty sure about that? I do not have a VIN yet and have been considering switching to the soft top to expedite...

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The majority of us are in your situation.
OK, good to know I am not alone. I see a lot of people have VINs, but perhaps the people with VINS post more. Thanks!

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ummmm wait. The hard tops are gonna be $2000 plus from the parts dept
Yeah that was the biggest pro for staying with the hardtop. Then it was wait time. He said there are plenty of aftermarket soft tops but not many hardtops. I decided to stick with my hardtop and wait...I did remove the paint protection just in case.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was the dealer pretty sure about that? I do not have a VIN yet and have been considering switching to the soft top to expedite...
Yeah. It varies from dealer to dealer though. He said 90% of his orders were hardtops, so his softtop allocations were getting picked up quick by ford. He said someone just made an order a few weeks ago and Ford already picked it up. I'm one of 8 that ordered a hardtop and got picked up by Ford, so he told me to not switch.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Each Friday I allowed myself to head into the weekend optimistic, and each Monday I've been crushed a little. This was the first weekend I had kicked the hope to the curb, and I'm not inclined to be optimistic about this Thursday morning.
Sponsored