First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I apologize if this is an idiotic question... but how much do these help? It's just a lip that's slightly more angled up than the hood? I've never had/used one, but as someone who knows nothing about them, I think "There's no way that's deflecting a damn thing..."

And how are they attached? Do they clip onto the hood? 3M permanent adhesive?
I apologize if this is an idiotic question... but how much do these help? It's just a lip that's slightly more angled up than the hood? I've never had/used one, but as someone who knows nothing about them, I think "There's no way that's deflecting a damn thing..."

And how are they attached? Do they clip onto the hood? 3M permanent adhesive?
Sorry seems like my reply was late. Refer to the thread. These attach using 3M adhesive tape though not permanent. There's some videos on the installation on youtube.
Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my Bronco Tuesday of last week. I was on the interstate today running some errands. A rock bounced off the hood and hit the windshield! Not only did it chip the paint, it actually dented the metal.....right in middle of the hood. Luckily the windshield chip is barely noticeable. Stopped by Ford dealer and they can get it in the shop in a couple weeks. To most it may seem insignificant, but I am extremely anal when it comes to my vehicles.
hood ding.JPG
paint chip.JPG
Sucks! Makes me wanna switch my color from A51 to Carb Gray 🙈

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely have the dent removed with a "dentist". With new paint and touch up, the match should be right on. Use a product like Langka. I had a brand new Expedition that had the same thing happen. Dent removed and touch up worked perfect. If it doesn't, you at least gave it a shot. I wouldn't want a small hood dent show up on my carfax.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely have the dent removed with a "dentist". With new paint and touch up, the match should be right on. Use a product like Langka. I had a brand new Expedition that had the same thing happen. Dent removed and touch up worked perfect. If it doesn't, you at least gave it a shot. I wouldn't want a small hood dent show up on my carfax.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Picked up my Bronco Tuesday of last week. I was on the interstate today running some errands. A rock bounced off the hood and hit the windshield! Not only did it chip the paint, it actually dented the metal.....right in middle of the hood. Luckily the windshield chip is barely noticeable. Stopped by Ford dealer and they can get it in the shop in a couple weeks. To most it may seem insignificant, but I am extremely anal when it comes to my vehicles.
hood ding.JPG
paint chip.JPG
I don't see anything. ;)

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hood ding.JPG
paint chip.JPG
It’s guaranteed to happen to me. Here’s my track record…

2001 Escape (before they looked like a spaceship on wheels): First brand new car I ever had, took a rock to the hood on the highway, left a 1 inch dent.

2006 Mazda 3: In the parking lot of the DMV registering the vehicle, came out and had a 2-3 inch long door ding down to the paint on the rear passenger quarter panel.

2015 Acura TLX: Came home from the dealership and my daughter flings her door open into the garage wall (just a minor paint chip, but seriously coming home from the dealer?)

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s guaranteed to happen to me. Here’s my track record…

2001 Escape (before they looked like a spaceship on wheels): First brand new car I ever had, took a rock to the hood on the highway, left a 1 inch dent.

2006 Mazda 3: In the parking lot of the DMV registering the vehicle, came out and had a 2-3 inch long door ding down to the paint on the rear passenger quarter panel.

2015 Acura TLX: Came home from the dealership and my daughter flings her door open into the garage wall (just a minor paint chip, but seriously coming home from the dealer?)
You should be good to go on day two on a nice Rocky trail 😜

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm terrified for the first person to post on here that theirs was totaled
I'd be more upset if it wasn't totaled. It's going to suck for the first person to be in an accident that isn't totaled because there are going to be very long waits for a lot of replacement parts. Having my vehicle just sitting waiting for parts would piss me off a lot more than it being simply totaled, which would allow me to move on to the next vehicle.

Scumby

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

the same thing happened to my 2013 mustang when it was a week old on the way home from work.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Last four cars somebody has caused damage to them. Ironically, the last time I was hit, was in the rear at a signal while on my way to order the Bronco!

When I was on BMW X3 forum, a buyer pulled out of dealer’s lot and was immediately hit. Ouch!
That happened to my friend in LA. Bought a brand new high end Lexus and pulled out of dealership and got hit by a guy going 60. Never saw him coming. Car totaled, friend ok.

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And this is why I'm PPFing and Ceramic Coating the SECOND I drive off the lot.

It'd bother the hell out of me too, my man. It's okay to love your things and want to keep them nice.
PPF + Ceramic coat? Can I get the benefits of both? Always been a wax guy but looking into PPF.
Sponsored