Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

also - if you go through insurance, that'll show up on a carfax report. Not worth it. Pay out of pocket
Paint less den t repair prob the best for that tiny ding maybe 100 tops
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every single new bronco will get its first scratch and dent, guaranteed lol. I bought a 2003 f250 new off the lot, had it less than a week and was driving down the highway. The state was moving the roadsides and one of their tractor's brushhog threw a big rock into my passenger door, dented and chipped big time of course. Was just glad it didn't come through the window and hurt someone.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I’d be fucking pissed.

I got a new Camaro in 2017. Went to turn left from the left hand lane onto a one way street. Dude next to me decided he was going to turn left too from the straight lane. I pull out mid corner and this ass hat pulls out in front of me and I slam on my brakes and honk. He decided he was tough so he stopped and sat in the middle of the intersection staring at me. He would pull up a few inches and stop and kept doing it while hanging out of his open car door screaming. At this point I was over this ordeal and attempted to drive around him, he swerved in front of me and blocked the next lane and I clipped just my headlight on his bumper. He got out and tried to fight me after…I called the cops and I got a ticket. I sent them a video of the ordeal from a local bus station and they dropped the charge. I was devastated my brand new car was broken.

Sorry that was a rant, but it reminded me of that lol. Sorry about your dent, it sucks.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That sux. PDR and some touch up and call it a day. I doubt it will be the last ding. PDR guys can do amazing things.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
did they tell you how theyre fixing the ding?
JB weld, it's what the pros use. ;)

I would expect them to not use any filler and work that out like they would for a paintless repair, then paint match, blend, clear, and buff.

Sponsored

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't disagree with your thought process.....but dang.....right in middle of hood!
Yeah, always right there in your line of sight can't even get away from it, that would probably drive me insane .

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
JB weld, it's what the pros use. ;)

I would expect them to not use any filler and work that out like they would for a paintless repair, then paint match, blend, clear, and buff.
Hahaha only the most talented techs use JB Weld for their body work repair

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kid, i would be pissed as well, I am especially paranoid of door dings.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry for the mishap. Happens quite frequently on big square vehicles. Should've installed one of these which I'm having my dealer do before it ever leaves the lot. It might've helped.
1627517775200.png
I apologize if this is an idiotic question... but how much do these help? It's just a lip that's slightly more angled up than the hood? I've never had/used one, but as someone who knows nothing about them, I think "There's no way that's deflecting a damn thing..."

And how are they attached? Do they clip onto the hood? 3M permanent adhesive?

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my Bronco Tuesday of last week. I was on the interstate today running some errands. A rock bounced off the hood and hit the windshield! Not only did it chip the paint, it actually dented the metal.....right in middle of the hood. Luckily the windshield chip is barely noticeable. Stopped by Ford dealer and they can get it in the shop in a couple weeks. To most it may seem insignificant, but I am extremely anal when it comes to my vehicles.
Ford Bronco 8 days old and already damaged by rock - dent and chipped paint 1627518435642
Ford Bronco 8 days old and already damaged by rock - dent and chipped paint 1627518435642
I’d fix it without hesitation…

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford dealer gave me an estimate of $450 to remove hood, repair ding, paint the chip and blend into hood, and clearcoat entire hood. I think my insurance deductible is $500
Do it

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not sure but it seems like it's at least some protection. My Ridgeline attracted stones and bugs to the windshield and hood until I installed a bug shield. I haven't used one of these to say for sure. It should deflect wind and bugs upward some for anything coming from the front. It does move the airflow upward. If the stone is coming from over the top. I'm not sure anything will help that except for maybe PPF.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my Bronco Tuesday of last week. I was on the interstate today running some errands. A rock bounced off the hood and hit the windshield! Not only did it chip the paint, it actually dented the metal.....right in middle of the hood. Luckily the windshield chip is barely noticeable. Stopped by Ford dealer and they can get it in the shop in a couple weeks. To most it may seem insignificant, but I am extremely anal when it comes to my vehicles.
That’s why mine will never leave the garage!
Sponsored