Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

brought our new Volvo home.jn February. 3 days in, we get an 8 inch scratch the exact heigh of my daughters bike handle bars.

My Dad used to say, "it's only new on the first day, after that, it's used".

we will all be driving used Broncos soon.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL, ya, glue on the non-functional aftermarket hood scoop...

Same price... But super tacky looking!

Screenshot_20210730-041903_Chrome.jpg

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I apologize if this is an idiotic question... but how much do these help? It's just a lip that's slightly more angled up than the hood? I've never had/used one, but as someone who knows nothing about them, I think "There's no way that's deflecting a damn thing..."

And how are they attached? Do they clip onto the hood? 3M permanent adhesive?
Believe it or not those things not only help the front of your hood but the windshield as well .... you will see a lot less bugs on their too ...... and with all the spare parts scarcity a windshield replacement is my biggest fear .... especially with all the electronics attached to it

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m thinking after market hoods might make their way soon, now you have an excuse hah. How big was this rock anyways?
I like your thinking on the reason to buy a new hood! Not sure how big the rock was.....didn't see it coming or I would have swerved! LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
brought our new Volvo home.jn February. 3 days in, we get an 8 inch scratch the exact heigh of my daughters bike handle bars.

My Dad used to say, "it's only new on the first day, after that, it's used".

we will all be driving used Broncos soon.
Wow, it sounds like your Dad was way more patient than my Dad was. I remember scratching the corner of his bumper with the pedals from my bike when I was a kid......It was not a good week.....hence the reason I can still remember it 40 years later!

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Believe it or not those things not only help the front of your hood but the windshield as well .... you will see a lot less bugs on their too ...... and with all the spare parts scarcity a windshield replacement is my biggest fear .... especially with all the electronics attached to it
I have always had bug shields on my pick ups and think they do help. And I can say that only after driving around 300 miles, the flat/upright windshield on these Broncos attract A LOT of bugs! Not sure a bug shield would have deflected this rock, but who knows?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have always had bug shields on my pick ups and think they do help. And I can say that only after driving around 300 miles, the flat/upright windshield on these Broncos attract A LOT of bugs! Not sure a bug shield would have deflected this rock, but who knows?
Can anything help if you're hit with a almost vertical drop in the middle of the hood? at least this new style is not as ugly as those old thin green or blue lexan ones that used to bend in the wind :LOL:

these are body molded and don't look bad quite honestly ..... that straight up windshield scares me .... Jeep and FJ owners can attest to all the similar glass damage

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got mine 8 days ago, came to commiserate. Already 2 rock chips on the A-pillars. <300 miles. Just ordered Xpel film this morning.

SE Michigan just blows to own a car in. So many bro-dozers with tires outside the fenders, ready to fling rocks up into the air. Plus I don't think we ever run street sweepers, so everything that falls off just stays there.

My Focus RS had a pinkie fingernail sized chip on the hood after <2000 miles.

My Mazda I wiped out a tire and wheel bearing on a pot hole when it was 3 days old. Ironically I was dropping off the title for my previous car at the junkyard after someone made a left in front of me and totaled it. I also went through 4 windshields in 5 years.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just got mine 8 days ago, came to commiserate. Already 2 rock chips on the A-pillars. <300 miles. Just ordered Xpel film this morning.

SE Michigan just blows to own a car in. So many bro-dozers with tires outside the fenders, ready to fling rocks up into the air. Plus I don't think we ever run street sweepers, so everything that falls off just stays there.

My Focus RS had a pinkie fingernail sized chip on the hood after <2000 miles.

My Mazda I wiped out a tire and wheel bearing on a pot hole when it was 3 days old. Ironically I was dropping off the title for my previous car at the junkyard after someone made a left in front of me and totaled it. I also went through 4 windshields in 5 years.
oh man, I feel your pain. It sounds Michigan roads are dangerous! I was able to get a paintless dent removal company totally remove the ding, then they came back and touched up the paint. Under the garage lights it's noticeable, but outside it's hard to see...guess I can live with it. I actually have an appointment on 11/10 to get PPF put on entire hood, front of fenders, A pillars and above windshield, and then area between grille and bumper. I have never had the stuff before. I believe it will add protection, but not sure about getting bugs off of it or waxing it.
Congratulations on the Bronco....you're gonna love it!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
oh man, I feel your pain. It sounds Michigan roads are dangerous! I was able to get a paintless dent removal company totally remove the ding, then they came back and touched up the paint. Under the garage lights it's noticeable, but outside it's hard to see...guess I can live with it. I actually have an appointment on 11/10 to get PPF put on entire hood, front of fenders, A pillars and above windshield, and then area between grille and bumper. I have never had the stuff before. I believe it will add protection, but not sure about getting bugs off of it or waxing it.
Congratulations on the Bronco....you're gonna love it!
Whatever you do, DON'T WAX IT. ;)

LOL.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With that red paint donā€™t take it down any wooded trails unless youā€˜re only anal about dents and not scratches.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bummer. I got a new mountain bike and the 1st ride a rock flew up and hit my frame and then the 3 ride I crashed and laid the bike over some rocks. All cosmetic damage but now Iā€™m over it. Iā€™m sure once I get my new bronco the honey moon wonā€™t last long before something happens.
Hopefully it doesn't get laid out over some rocks like your bike did.
Sponsored