Sponsored

8 inch screen ? frame is blah, anyone filling it with black carbon etc..?

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curious what ideas you guys have floating around. I prefer the 12 inch but with BD, it won't be an option

Ford Bronco 8 inch screen ? frame is blah, anyone filling it with black carbon etc..? IMG_2318

IMG_2318.jpg
Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sizable gaps between the screen and vents on either side of the screen. Could be a good spot for a vertical phone mount if you're willing to drill. Maybe there's another more clever way. Just about the perfect width for current phone sizes though.

OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sizable gaps between the screen and vents on either side of the screen. Could be a good spot for a vertical phone mount if you're willing to drill. Maybe there's another more clever way. Just about the perfect width for current phone sizes though.
Well that was the purpose of the brackets on the dash for connecting phones and cameras. But like you said, you have options within those gaps. If nothing else, painting it black or something to give the illusion of a larger screen. The gray just makes it look much smaller

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that was the purpose of the brackets on the dash for connecting phones and cameras. But like you said, you have options within those gaps. If nothing else, painting it black or something to give the illusion of a larger screen. The gray just makes it look much smaller
I'm pretty sure that accessory bar will be an add on. And it's probably aluminium so it's nice and sturdy for multiple attachments so probably going to run you $150. Then you need some sort of arm that holds your device that interfaces with the bar. Probably another $80. Check out some similar products for jeeps. If you don't need to mount two phones, an iPad, a go pro, ect, it might make more sense to just get creative and add your own basic phone mount somewhere and that gap seems like a good spot.

Sponsored

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely would find something to do with it. It’s good real estate though to get an aluminum bezel cut out to go around the screen to make an accessory mount for an additional gps, sat phone, or a CB radio mic. There should be good struct points behind it that could handle the weight.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Keep in mind these are all pre-production interiors and Ford - at every opportunity - keeps stressing this and that these interiors are not the quality of the production units.

In other words they loo cheap and ugly because they are cheap and ugly. Test rigs don’t need lambskin leather and engineers don’t care about panel gaps when they are collecting driveline data.
?

JK

OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep in mind these are all pre-production interiors and Ford - at every opportunity - keeps stressing this and that these interiors are not the quality of the production units.

In other words they loo cheap and ugly because they are cheap and ugly. Test rigs don’t need lambskin leather and engineers don’t care about panel gaps when they are collecting driveline data.
?

JK
Very true, but just incase, it’s better to start noting any updates you would like Incase they don’t clean it up. Plus it will keep us busy while we wait for this final order to go through ?. I hope they do make that dash a little more exciting from the center around the screen to the passenger side

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i don't know what to say. should that have made the dash completely different to accommodate a smaller screen and not offer a larger one?
is the trim the issue? i'm sure you can pop it off easily and paint it, put a sticker on it or even replace it with something else. seems like such a small thing that once seen in person will not be an issue.
like another person has said, it's a pre-prod model. quality of things will change and QC will be much tighter. what else would you do with that area?

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I threw Carbon 3M inserts in my Black Mustang and it looked really good. I'm sure the aftermarket will be all over this. Just get a good quality set, with 3M backing. I'm ordering the 12in screen to avoid those gaps. :D

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Proclip will do something...

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just hide it with an Alpine Halo 11 ;)
it would work, if you can live without the Sync 4, since it would retain the factory features with the right adapters.
I haven't found an article, yet, that has said you can retain Sync 3, and I'm going to assume the same will apply to Sync 4 also.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This never would've crossed my mind unless you posted... it doesn't bother me at all and I would leave it as is. I guess I am a simpleton
Agreed. I measured out my wife's screen (which is too bright at night) and it was 8 inches. I can't imagine have something 4 inches larger. Just measuring it on her car would take up the entire center of the dash. 🤪

I look at the OP's picture and it doesn't bother me at all.