Sponsored

8 inch screen ? frame is blah, anyone filling it with black carbon etc..?

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m actually fine with 0” screen...another simpleton here...

This never would've crossed my mind unless you posted... it doesn't bother me at all and I would leave it as is. I guess I am a simpleton
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curious what ideas you guys have floating around. I prefer the 12 inch but with BD, it won't be an option

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg
I may take that entire section out and have it painted to match the Cyber Orange of the outside!

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know I know, “covid”, “supply issues” etc.

If somehow Ford delivered quicker, we would be spending this time driving and enjoying our Broncos, rather than picking apart things in pics we may never notice in person.

the car I have now (18th in 20 years with a license) is the first with a touch screen, and the bronco 8” is bigger

I’m pretty content with it, but, now I can see that frame.

the 12” is bad ass... tho

Sponsored

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that was the purpose of the brackets on the dash for connecting phones and cameras. But like you said, you have options within those gaps. If nothing else, painting it black or something to give the illusion of a larger screen. The gray just makes it look much smaller
the bracket on the dash top would not be a good location for something with a screen you need to touch regularly. its too far forward

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats where you put something to keep you safe

Ford Bronco 8 inch screen ? frame is blah, anyone filling it with black carbon etc..? 1613692615752

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question for the people getting 12”....what’s the point other than filling in the “gaps”? I mean you’re not watching a movie on it, chances are if it’s a DD you have an hour commute to be fiddling with it? I mean unless you have fat thumbs and need some real estate to maneuver? 🤷‍♂️

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question for the people getting 12”....what’s the point other than filling in the “gaps”? I mean you’re not watching a movie on it, chances are if it’s a DD you have an hour commute to be fiddling with it? I mean unless you have fat thumbs and need some real estate to maneuver? 🤷‍♂️
Cause it looks cool, will increase resale, comes with 360 and trail cam, future proofs the rig (as most new cars will have larger screens over time), easier to see, and it makes mine better than yours 😎

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In the render I see there is some "design" elements in the bezel, so it doesn't look bad to me.

To be honest I plan to use Android Auto almost exclusively so not that concerned about the size of it.

But I could see some vinyl graphics that could be added here that would look nice.

Ford Bronco 8 inch screen ? frame is blah, anyone filling it with black carbon etc..? 1613694586001

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If your wife is wanting the extra 4" that BD can't provide, you have to step up to BL and get high.

But if you can get away with "only" the 8" you got, then why not just mask it off and spray with SEM interior vinyl spray? Will be as permanent of a solution as you can get from a rattle can, assuming you prep it properly.

Otherwise you're removing the entire panel and using automotive grade paint to spray it.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have an 8" in my 14 Fusion, I don't mind that size at all. Yes it would be nice to have a bigger one, but that's not a current option on the BaseBase.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean there are options out there to hack sync 3, & I'm sure they will be able to hack sync 4 so one can watch movies on that too! I do miss watching movies on my old aftermarket head unit while on long road trips... JUST DONT GET CAUGHT lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd actually prefer a smaller screen, but they fucked up the screen hole.

It's almost like they want to remind people that they could have bought a bigger screen.... probably unintentional.... ?
Here’s a picture of an early prototype dash they experimented with that had the 8” screen without that styling around it:

Ford Bronco 8 inch screen ? frame is blah, anyone filling it with black carbon etc..? 1613701602446
Sponsored

Reactions: abe