Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard Top People: That soft top almost blew clean off in the wind!
Soft Top People: At least we have a Bronco to drive in the wind.
Hard Top People: :unsure:
Sponsored

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've lived in FL, I've lived in KS, and I live in NE. High winds in FL are way different than on the Great Plains.

As you mention, you get your winds in Hurricanes. These are known, anticipated events so people hunker down and wait it out. When we get winds in the midwest, we don't know days in advance that they are coming. Sometimes we don't know until they are right on top of us and they occur much more frequently. We've had 30-50 mph sustained winds over the last 3 days here. While 80 mph is extreme, everyone here is prepped for high winds all the time so there is little concern for debris which is the real concern with high winds if you're not a high profile vehicle like a semitruck. Aside from the top, that Bronco appeared to be rock solid, and it's not like they were the only people on the highway.
what is the first thing Floridians do when they find out there is a hurricane coming? Trim the trees and put all the debris at the curb. As well as finally unload All the crap furniture that they don’t want. Usually the day before it is supposed to hit.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what is the first thing Floridians do when they find out there is a hurricane coming? Trim the trees and put all the debris at the curb. As well as finally unload All the crap furniture that they don’t want. Usually the day before it is supposed to hit.
We just have to worry when high winds hit on trash day, like they did this week.

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will say that in the first week of owning my Bronco I drove through a Summer storm that had winds that were incredibly strong. 2 times the wind blew rain into the vehicle from the side and it defintley did not give me a great feeling. It has not happened since however we cannot expect a soft top like this to perform perfectly when mother nature hits. I dont think the soft top "blowing clean off" is a serious concern however the soft top is defitnely suseptible to leaks and creaks like this. Its part of owning a rag top 4x4 and the sooner that people start to realize that the better

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know guys/gals. If you've ever been in an 80 mpg wind you know what it can do to things. Plus as someone already said, when your driving into a wind that stong you're just adding to the pressure. Owning many convertibles over the years I can say they have come a long way, and are leaps and bounds better than those of yore. But, they are not indestructible.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just saw that video. With the soft top opening on the sides maybe that guy with the snow in his didn't actually leave it open.
His vehicle was stationary, this one was driving down the highway, probably make a big difference.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard Top People: That soft top almost blew clean off in the wind!
Soft Top People: At least we have a Bronco to drive in the wind.
Hard Top People: :unsure:
Two Door People: There’s video with her in a bikini?

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So don't try to drive down a highway in a hurricane.....got it. The mental hurdles people use to justify putting themselves above other people. "Ya see, soft top is crap, it can't even handle a wind that's pushing literal 10ton vehicles off the road like toys"

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrangler people: Is there video of him in a bikini?
I was unprepared for that. Now I need to clean my computer screen and get some more coffee

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the soft top stayed on, the water stayed out in Winds blowing over semi's. So all in all not bad.

Whats the problem? Tells me in normal conditions it should be just fine. Is there an expectation this is supposed to be like a fixed roof hardtop?
Sponsored