2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you miss the ability to put it all the way down?
No. My wife couldn't lower/raise the oem one anyways. She’ll just flip it back like she had been doing with the oem top. On my jeep, my soft top is either up or removed and I run a spidershade or safari top. Rarely do I just fold it all the way back. Although my jeep’s I can remove the top by myself in less than 2 minutes. OEM top, not a chance.
Sponsored

d4rkprnce

Badlands
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021 Badlands Self Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another reason I went with the bestop trektop after driving it home 900 miles with the oem soft top in 60mph crosswinds. The amount of wind and dirt making it in through the top above the doors was ridiculous. Don't have that problem with the bestop version.
I also got a Bestop Trektop on mine. I rode across the PEI Bridge ( Canada ) with 80-100km/h cross winds without issues although it did raise about and inch from time to time. How do you like yours so far? It could be less noisy but again, I don’t have those damn wavy windows anymore so happy as a clam here.

26281125-9C1B-4BA7-9787-CC74F6362497.jpeg

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove across North Texas, into New Mexico then Colorado...had 40-50+ mph winds the entire length and its terrifying. Sometimes its really just beyond control with the direction of the wind and gusts, but in no way do I think its a fault with this top.

5000 miles later, after plenty of wind/rain/snow/dust its holding up just fine and no leaks whatsoever.
We drove across Wyoming with 60-80 mph crosswinds in the dark (trying to get home, not a lot of places to stop in the middle of nowhere) and it was one of the most terrifying experiences ever, right up there with being on a 40‘ sailboat knocked down in a gale, and jumping out of airplanes etc. My husband who is no stranger to hazardous conditions was also extremely concerned. In addition to the overwhelmingly loud howling and flapping sound, that we couldn’t even yell over, I constantly had the feeling the top was going to just lift us right off the highway. We stopped at the first hotel we could find.

Since then, it’s held up fine in the North Idaho cold and snow—but I think it’s a design criteria that could use a little more of a solution.

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow what an entertaining thread!! A few of you who know who we are definitely get that we aren’t really normal people when it comes to driving and danger and being able to handle ourselves. Most of you have no idea and that’s ok. At face value what we did was stupid and dangerous and I agree but nothing is really face value. I use to be an aircraft rescue firefighter, Wild land firefighter and a rescue team. Also a rescue and recovery team where we drive in severely inclement weather to go rescue people. I have a very long background in driving in really harsh conditions to save peoples lives. Great! Now that that’s out of the way maybe some of you should watch the video I have linked below because at this point in our lives when this video took place we had no Offroad racing background and took on the challenge of racing the hardest single day Offroad race in the World. It’s an amazing video that my wife spent nearly 60 hours editing herself. TLDR version we finished 23rd out of 97 and only 33 people finished the race. I guarantee this video is one of the best videos you have ever watched in your life.

Sponsored

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@akturbo this latch. My roof and many others were not connected from the factory. My roof actually would not clip. It took 2hrs and 7 different adjustment points on the roof to make it all work correctly.

This clip is directly over the rear doors and holds the roof down at the midpoint.
Ford Bronco 80 MPH Winds Tests Limits of Bronco Soft Top 26281125-9C1B-4BA7-9787-CC74F6362497

4wJive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies in advance, my unfulfilled sept 2020 reservation is making me snarky tonight.

Who is dumb enough to drive 3 miles an hour all flexed out on the brink of needing incline meters and breaking steering knuckles and needing skid plates and body armor (me)?

It’s all the same.

Adrenaline is adrenaline, fun is fun. Drive it like you stole It, if it’s yours, enjoy that the cops ain’t chasing you to get it back. I would have let Brit read the phone, otherwise it was no different than the 4M people on snow covered roads that had no urgent business this week. Carry on.

my calendar is on month 1 of relevance.
I hear you. I was coming from a perspective of calculated risk and ‘Get-there-itis’ can get you killed. Thanks for the comment and I have my fingers crossed that you get your Bronco ASAP. Be safe out there my friend.😉

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's it. Mine would only clip in place if I pushed down as hard as I could. If the mid clips were attached it tweaked the frame in a way where clips above the visor would no longer latch.

After adjustments it works fine

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Checked those mid clips and they are down and locked

Sponsored

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@LiteBrite

Glad you are here, don't mind the haters, there are a lot here.
Oh you can’t care much about haters in this game. I feel bad for most of them though. Some are just nasty and not happy people and others are only this way on the internet and would never say anything in real life so they are irrelevant. What I find funny is that people think 20 people or even a couple hundred people on the internet are a “lot” of haters and these haters feel empowered when they find others who hate the same thing and feel like they are something big but then we go to an Offroad show and our meet and greet line for photos and autographs is an hour wait for 4 hours straight for 2-3 days in a row where we meet thousands of people and that’s in person and it happens all over the country. Then you have people who “hate” us who have never met us. I’ve never met a single person who hates us in person yet. Kind of funny how that works. Actually I lie, I’ve met people who thought and acted like they hated us online but once we hung out in person they started defending us against online haters. Anyhow, it comes with the job and the amount of love and support we get outweighs the hate a million to 1 and I’m good with that.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use to be an aircraft rescue firefighter, Wild land firefighter and a rescue team. Also a rescue and recovery team where we drive in severely inclement weather to go rescue people.
Didn't you know those trucks were marked as being cleared?

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
these haters feel empowered when they find others who hate the same thing
So weird eh? One of the comments in this super long thread was something like "I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand these two." They felt happy and validated when someone else disliked the same entertainment content they disliked. OK.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel ya! All I have is flat ass Maryland. Even my landfill is under 100’ elevation. We all don’t plan to rock crawl these rigs. It’s why I never bought a Jeep. High speed through fields and farm roads is my jam and luckily the Bronco’s too. If you want a rock rig, a Bronco will takes $$$$ to get there for the next 3 years where a Jeep not as much. It’s been a long wait, this video changes nothing for me
You live on the Flat Ass Eastern Shore where you have mud and sand.

Be Brave, cross the Bay Bridge and head West young man to Western MD and West-By-God-Virginia. You‘ll find trails and rocks to rip your Bronco a new one. And don’t forget Pa and Va, they got some fun stuff too

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So weird eh? One of the comments in this super long thread was something like "I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand these two." They felt happy and validated when someone else disliked the same entertainment content they disliked. OK.
Haha ya I read that and it made me laugh. Like how crappy of a person you must be.
Sponsored