Sponsored

$850 Mod Bumper + Bash vs Aftermarket thoughts?

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Probably going WT based on B&P but I def want a hardened bumper+bash. I'm wondering if I can get something better than the stock (someone posted it felt cheap and thin) around the same price range. I know we have no idea what the aftermarket will have but I'm wondering if anyone with Jeeps / offroaders has a clue / anyone was thinking of doing the same.
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely there will be better bumpers and you’ll probably be able to match or beat the price of the mod bumper, but you’ll have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up. Look around sites like Quadratec at all their Jeep bumper offerings to give you an idea. Nearly every one of those mfg’s will be making something for the Bronco.

Personally, I need to be able to mount a winch right away so I’ll get the mod bumper and then sell it when something better pops up. They should hold their value decently well.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally every accessory from Ford will be more expensive than aftermarket options. Ford has a 3rd party make them and then they mark it up. The benefit in getting accessories from Ford is that its included in the warranty.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$850 isn't a bad deal. It's basically the prrice difference of the mod bumper less the plastic one. If you were to do aftermarket any metal bumper will be $1200+. Not to mention you have to wait who knows how long to get one.

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Literally every accessory from Ford will be more expensive than aftermarket options. Ford has a 3rd party make them and then they mark it up. The benefit in getting accessories from Ford is that its included in the warranty.
It's not so much the price as will I be getting more protection from an aftermarket bumper. I get the warranty part, but if I bash it up on a rock I'm doubting ford would cover that.

Sponsored

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going with BL but will do 95% of accessories after market....lights, rack, replace bumper etc etc

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Absolutely there will be better bumpers and you’ll probably be able to match or beat the price of the mod bumper, but you’ll have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up. Look around sites like Quadratec at all their Jeep bumper offerings to give you an idea. Nearly every one of those mfg’s will be making something for the Bronco.

Personally, I need to be able to mount a winch right away so I’ll get the mod bumper and then sell it when something better pops up. They should hold their value decently well.
Thanks, that's more or less what I'm thinking. I've been looking at the American Muscle jeep partner site at bumpers there for comparison (never had a jeep but thats where I get my mustang parts).

Reactions: RG7

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Aftermarket will be more expensive and if the adaptive cruise control is in the oem bumper then you will have to relocate.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s cheap compared to aftermarket, at least the ones I have bought and looked at. Very cheap for a front skid and the bumper. The problem is, I don’t know of the skid will be tough enough. I think it’s worth buying though, the bumper allows for good angles of approach, and. It’s fairly cheap and ready now.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No sir. Aftermarket bumpers already exist for the Ranger and they are much more expensive than $850.

SVC at 1299:

Ford Bronco $850 Mod Bumper + Bash vs Aftermarket thoughts? 1603573119987

RPG at $1295

Ford Bronco $850 Mod Bumper + Bash vs Aftermarket thoughts? 1603573177229

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dislike the look of the aftermarket bumpers unless you get all the other stuff to match. I mainly just want the steel bumper for the look though, so the factory one is fine for me. I plan to get it.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that really a bad thing for mostly daily driving? Save weight, better looks, and I am sure it is still better than the plastic bumper.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With all the sensors and inertia switches on these new vehicles, I'll stick with the factory modular bumper.
Sponsored