First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed a new message on the tracker this morning. Basically there is a message that my Bronco delivery is going to go in to Q4 and possibly in to 2023 delivery. I wonder if this assures that the VIN’s that have been assigned get used on 2022 production. I guess this is the new Dirt Mountain cycle. I thought we were past that. I guess built and shipment by Christmas will be my new expectation. Nothing like getting your 2022 Bronco in 2023. I know the 2021 crowd felt the same way.

Ford Bronco 9/12/22 Build Week Group  **Now has Google Spreadsheet** DB0C99DB-7F01-4F56-8EEF-F46A72F197ED
Sponsored

catman2212

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same happened for me.

9/16 blend, 9/19 modules and tear tag, 9/28 still "In Production - chip hold", 9/30 built-awaiting shipment
Here’s a reason for optimism for the ‘stuck in production’ crowd. My Bronco’s status changed to “built” overnight.

9/12 blend, 9/13 modules, 9/14 tear tag, 9/28 chip hold, 9/30 built-awaiting shipment
Finally some movement and supposedly out of Chip hold... Blend 9/15, Production 9/16 and flipped to built overnight, 9/29 and awaiting shipment. The wait continues but getting closer. Ordered 3/15/2021, hopefully the wait won't make it to the 2 year mark!

silent700

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 LTD Country Squire
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same happened for me.

9/16 blend, 9/19 modules and tear tag, 9/28 still "In Production - chip hold", 9/30 built-awaiting shipment
I was ready to settle in for a long winter of disappointment, but thanks to your post, I checked my status again, and....

Screenshot_20220930-101948.png

No email or photos, but I'll take it.

bschack

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW M550i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got switched to 'built' on the Ford Order Tracker. So right now its showing:

10/8/21 - Order Confirmed
9/19/22 - In Production
9/29/22 - Built

Of course this is all after the chat rep told me just yesterday that my Bronco is still awaiting a chip.......

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy crap. I just switched to “Built”

I’m not getting excited. It’s all Just a bit too coincidental that a bunch of in production got moved to “built” on the exact last date of the month. Call Me skeptical, but not buying it.

mphc

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible 2017 Mercedes GLC300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Holy crap. I just switched to “Built”

I’m not getting excited. It’s all Just a bit too coincidental that a bunch of in production got moved to “built” on the exact last date of the month. Call Me skeptical, but not buying it.
I switched to built sometime last night. 9/12 blend, 9/13 modules on and tear tag, showing built 9/29. Awaiting shipping !! I guess they got a shipment of chips !

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched to built sometime last night. 9/12 blend, 9/13 modules on and tear tag, showing built 9/29. Awaiting shipping !! I guess they got a shipment of chips !
Conveniently boosting the total Q3 Bronco production numbers on the last day of the month….

I’m glad Ford is doing the best given the obscure nature of the supply chain. We will know in the next 14 days whether the chips arrived or whether we just got a virtual bump to built for an plant manager/executive goal.

My tracker shows shows a dot, not a check mark on built.

EDIT: I looked ahead to 9/19 week, same thing, a bunch just magically flipped to Built. C’mon, I was born on a day, but not yesterday. Given our tracker sheets only represent about 5% of the production week, no way Ford just moved 3k broncos to built with chips in the last 24-48 hours?

Last edited:

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Chips and government checks all come on the 15th and 30th.
Swear ta gawd.

cbratch

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Identical experience just now. During all my previous chats I was given 10/2 as the latest delivery ETA. Now we find out that "ETA" just means next status update. And they confirmed that the most recent status change was 9/13, which was the day it was built. So they've known about the chip hold for two weeks+. Welcome to Dirt Mountain!

How long can a "new" car sit outside until it's not new any more?

Ford Bronco 9/12/22 Build Week Group  **Now has Google Spreadsheet** Screenshot_20220930-101948
Keep an eye on the pizza tracker. I was told mine was on chip hold the other day via chat and this morning's status is now showing Built and Awaiting Shipment. Also, no email yet from Ford about the change of status.

Sponsored

silent700

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 LTD Country Squire
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Keep an eye on the pizza tracker. I was told mine was on chip hold the other day via chat and this morning's status is now showing Built and Awaiting Shipment. Also, no email yet from Ford about the change of status.
Yep, same deal here this morning, and across this thread, it seems.

So I think my Bronco was built, err, assembled on the 13th, or possibly well before that date, and immediately put on Chip Hold. The Ford chat rep's latest data was from the 13th. The chips (or whatever) were allocated and installed on held vehicles over the last two weeks, and a batch update was made to their system today. There is a lot of lag in multiple parts of their process.

I don't know this Chip Holde guy but I'm glad I didn't spend much time with him. Seems like a bad dude to have hanging around!

boss351

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I finally received my assembly line photo:love::love::love:
Ford Bronco 9/12/22 Build Week Group  **Now has Google Spreadsheet** broncopic2
Ford Bronco 9/12/22 Build Week Group  **Now has Google Spreadsheet** broncopic1

SCB FabWorx

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cadillac CTS V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine also has switched to "Built" 9/29/22. Still no email, though.....
Sponsored