Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Autostop eliminator they do not list one for the bronco yet but they will soon.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My F150 has a simple connector that can be pulled to do away with start/stop. No warning lights or anything, just does away with the circuit. Even has the little symbol pop up like it’s doing it, but just doesn’t turn it off. May be completely different on the Bronco though.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headrests - I've never been able to use them while driving. I see people putting their heads way back there to rest against it, but it has never looked comfortable nor do I believe it is for use while driving. Resting, pulled-over, sure. But while driving, never.
I do know first hand though, (most gruesome sight I've ever seen) that removing the headrest and then being rear ended can result in whiplash or worse, total broken neck. It prevents the head from whipping backwards. Pretty sure this was the intent of the headrest. It should be called a headstop really.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you comment on the quality of the hard top - particularly the delamination of the edges and if there are any honeycomb features bleeding through? Thank you.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone please tell me there is a way to stop the auto off feature. I cant imagine wheeling up some hill, hitting the brake to pause and plot your course AND THE ENGINE TURNS OFF!! CMON!!
In addition to the very simple button (though even pushing two buttons - one to start the engine and one to turn off auto-start-stop - is evidently something many people just can't handle) putting the Bronco into any of the off-road GOAT modes automatically disables ASS.

Sponsored
OP
OP
STLRFAN

STLRFAN

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 74 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you comment on the quality of the hard top - particularly the delamination of the edges and if there are any honeycomb features bleeding through? Thank you.

I have not noticed any delamination but stevie wonder can see the honeycomb bleed through.

I was mis-informed by the dealer when ordering. I wanted the Soft top but they said that would delay my build. I guess I got lucky mine made it out of the factory with the MIC top before that shortage hit.

I was going to buy an after market soft top but from what I understand is that when folded back it rests on top of the roof where the factory top when folded back rest on the tailgate.
Ford Bronco 9 Day Road Trip in a 4-Door Big Bend Bronco 2.7L -- First Impression Review To

Be interested in a soft top review

OP
OP
STLRFAN

STLRFAN

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What transfer case do you have? (i.e. what is your rear axle ratio) I'm getting an OBX with 4A so the 4.27 rear axle. I'd love to road trip at 23mpg
3.73 Open

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I saw your comment on the running boards needing some sort of way to drain standing water...I'm curious, about how many inches wide are they? Thanks!

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Head Rest - I found it to be annoying as it just barely touched the back of my head while driving, drove me crazy so I ended up taking it out.
My anxiety just triggered thinking about driving without any head rests behind me

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/ 1998 Honda C-RV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Auto Off Feature - It does have the auto start/stop feature (shuts off at traffic lights) (worst automobile invention ever-not just bronco) which is a complete pain in the tail. I need to figure out how to turn this off permanently. The button on the dash is fine but it is going to get worn out quickly.

Reply: My Black diamond has a way to turn the auto off feature. there is a button on the ac/hearting control panel. I'm pretty sure that turns it off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
STLRFAN

STLRFAN

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw your comment on the running boards needing some sort of way to drain standing water...I'm curious, about how many inches wide are they? Thanks!
my wife has it at work so I will check and send a close ups of running boards this evening but guessing 4-5 inches.

issue comes from the water off the tires when its raining. it lands on the running board and just sits there. just a drain in the front would be great. I may drill a hole after some more investigation.

OP
OP
STLRFAN

STLRFAN

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Auto Off Feature - It does have the auto start/stop feature (shuts off at traffic lights) (worst automobile invention ever-not just bronco) which is a complete pain in the tail. I need to figure out how to turn this off permanently. The button on the dash is fine but it is going to get worn out quickly.

Reply: My Black diamond has a way to turn the auto off feature. there is a button on the ac/hearting control panel. I'm pretty sure that turns it off.
yep. i have that button also. i was hoping after hitting it then 'ok' on the dash alert it would stay off but it must reset every time you start it. I just dont like having to remember to push it every time i get in. first car i have owned with the feature so it will just take me some time to get used to.

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/ 1998 Honda C-RV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yep. i have that button also. i was hoping after hitting it then 'ok' on the dash alert it would stay off but it must reset every time you start it. I just dont like having to remember to push it every time i get in. first car i have owned with the feature so it will just take me some time to get used to.

I see, I miss understood your question. Sorry about that.

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great review, Thanks for your honest write up.

Ohenry

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great review, Thanks for your honest write up.
I know that on my 2017 F150 to stop the auto start stop I just had to unplug my trailer wiring connector near the fuse box. I just plug it back in to tow.
Sponsored