Sponsored

90% sure I'll be trading this in for a 3rd-4th year run.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean for practical purposes, nobody needs a Bronco.

Do many people need a vehicle to get to and from work? Yes.
Can a Bronco get people to and from work? Yes.
Is anyone's commute to work over the Rubicon Trail? No.

I suppose there are some professional off-roader types who could justify it as a need because it actually creates profits. An owner of an off-road shop maybe. A YouTuber who makes money from off-roading videos.... The Ken Blocks of the off-road world.... etc...

The "value" of the Bronco for me is pure enjoyment, and that is all the justification I need. I do love to see the wheels turning in the minds of some of the married men on this forum.... "Look it has rear AC vents and seating for 5! We NEED this incase it snows on the way to soccer practice!"
For practical purposes, I "need" the capabilities of a vehicle like a Bronco, to get to the locations I want off pavement while exploring, hiking, fishing and camping. Or when on road hauling a canoe on top or other such uses. In that sense it's like a utility tool for some people. They buy the tool they need to accomplish the task. They don't buy only for utility, but that is a key part of the purchase.

On the other hand, some people might buy more for the feeling or image. Maybe they have no real use for the capabilities, but still enjoy driving around thinking about the capabilities. I don't roll that way, but some people do.

So yeah there is definitely a distinction between those two types of buyers. I don't think they should all be lumped under some category of not needing a Bronco, just because they may not "need" it to make money from the usage.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it won't kill you, I absolutely think waiting is the most prudent route. Within 3 years you will get to see the new 4 Runner, Jeep's response (V8, improved steering, hybrids/electric), possibly even GMCs response, you will get to see the new electric trucks hit the market, you will get to see the new Bronco Raptor, you will see how the power boosts/hybrids are doing in the F150s. Not to mention you will have seen the Bronco in person to see materials, size, colors, etc. Had a chance to test drive it, watch recalls, first year problems, real world performance tests, etc. You will be able to see after market options and how easy or hard it is to upgrade to what you want from a lesser model. Not to mention you likely have the first round of trade-ins and upgrades hitting the market so the opportunity for a well-priced used one would now be in play and dealers would likely be more willing to negotiate on new ones.
This is my plan. I'm getting mine in 2021 and then when 2031 rolls around I can see if they have made enough advances I want to trade / sell mine and get into something sweeter.

Or, if not, I will be repainting mine and continue to enjoy it.

I planned on keeping my F-150 for as long as I could. 5 years in, Ford said, "we're bringing back the Bronco" and so my plan shifted.

That being said, as cool as the 2021 F-150 seems, I don't find it substantially better than current 2011 to the point I would have to swap it out. We'll see what happens with the Bronco.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes I too want the hybrid diesel raptor base high chameleon little foot sasquatch.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going Base + Sasquatch. It literally gives me everything I need and then some. Its pretty much an extreme Off-roading capable rig that ill probably never use it to its full potential even though ill be going off the beaten path and Overlanding. I plan on taking care of it and keeping it for a very long time.

There's always the latest and greatest and if you keep chasing that you'll never enjoy what you got. Not to mention your finances always take a hit in doing so.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For practical purposes, I "need" the capabilities of a vehicle like a Bronco, to get to the locations I want off pavement while exploring, hiking, fishing and camping. Or when on road hauling a canoe on top or other such uses. In that sense it's like a utility tool for some people. They buy the tool they need to accomplish the task. They don't buy only for utility, but that is a key part of the purchase.

On the other hand, some people might buy more for the feeling or image. Maybe they have no real use for the capabilities, but still enjoy driving around thinking about the capabilities. I don't roll that way, but some people do.

So yeah there is definitely a distinction between those two types of buyers. I don't think they should all be lumped under some category of not needing a Bronco, just because they may not "need" it to make money from the usage.
"Need"

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going Base + Sasquatch. It literally gives me everything I need and then some. Its pretty much an extreme Off-roading capable rig that ill probably never use it to its full potential even though ill be going off the beaten path and Overlanding. I plan on taking care of it and keeping it for a very long time.

There's always the latest and greatest and if you keep chasing that you'll never enjoy what you got. Not to mention your finances always take a hit in doing so.
If I can get a base with Sasquatch and MT, I'll be very interested. Very.