Sponsored

90% sure I'll be trading this in for a 3rd-4th year run.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else planning on buying only to trade-in in a couple few years? Despite how much I like the overall rig, every single trim/option package requires me to make a compromise. I also hate every single color currently offered.

The closest thing to what I want is the 2 Door Badlands with the high package. What I would pick if I could, is a 2 Door Base with Sasquatch (on 33s tho), MT, and a high package. I'm also obviously not thrilled with the lack of the MT with the V6, but lets not go down that path today....

So, part of me just wants to get the Base with nothing added for 28k and cruise around trusting that Ford will have some new colors, trims, and powertrain options in a couple years (Hybrid, Diesel, Raptor are all things I'd like) and upgrading then.

The other part of me doesn't trust Ford to offer any of the above for the 2 door, and if they will continue to support the MT at all. At which time a 2 Door Badlands, MT, high-package would be very hard to come by.

I don't care about "goat modes" I don't want the disco. I want front and rear lockers, and a high package. That's it. Oh, and in a color that doesn't look like they gave 1st graders a bunch of paint to mix and make new colors with.

Regardless, I think a 1st year MT of any trim/package will hold value extremely well.

Edit: This is mostly just me musing about spending $48k for something that has slightly more than what I want, vs $35k on something that has slightly less than what I want. Either way, I'll be watching for something I like better.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like you've got money to burn. I wouldn't buy a vehicle I didn't like and plan to get rid of soon.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd maybe consider a short team lease to trade for the Raptor/Warthog/Performance-Hybrid-Thingy.

So far, though, I'm in this for the long haul.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea. You seem to have very specific preferences that Ford just isn’t supporting. They’re clearly just trying to accommodate the interests of broad-stroke customer groups and get as many new, young Bronco buyers as possible. I am personally going to lease my Bronco until the hybrid is released in a few years. If I were you, I’d get the Badlands 2-door with the high package (that’s also what I’m getting) and put a 2” lift aftermarket.

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you've got money to burn. I wouldn't buy a vehicle I didn't like and plan to get rid of soon.
Hate to break it to you, but it's a poor choice to buy ANY brand new vehicle without money to burn. Whether you plan to get rid of it or die in it, it's not an investment.

But yes, I do have disposable income. That doesn't mean I'm going to be throwing handfulls of cash out the window as I drive around, hence why I do consider things like trade-in value.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I anticipate trading in a few years when a full size is released. I'm pretty sure this Bronco is going to end up just too small for me. If I get used to driving a small vehicle, great. Ive waited too long to not buy it though lol.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else planning on buying only to trade-in in a couple few years? Despite how much I like the overall rig, every single trim/option package requires me to make a compromise. I also hate every single color currently offered.

The closest thing to what I want is the 2 Door Badlands with the high package. What I would pick if I could, is a 2 Door Base with Sasquatch (on 33s tho), MT, and a high package. I'm also obviously not thrilled with the lack of the MT with the V6, but lets not go down that path today....

So, part of me just wants to get the Base with nothing added for 28k and cruise around trusting that Ford will have some new colors, trims, and powertrain options in a couple years (Hybrid, Diesel, Raptor are all things I'd like) and upgrading then.

The other part of me doesn't trust Ford to offer any of the above for the 2 door, and if they will continue to support the MT at all. At which time a 2 Door Badlands, MT, high-package would be very hard to come by.

I don't care about "goat modes" I don't want the disco. I want front and rear lockers, and a high package. That's it. Oh, and in a color that doesn't look like they gave 1st graders a bunch of paint to mix and make new colors with.

Regardless, I think a 1st year MT of any trim/package will hold value extremely well.
I hear you, though I don't know that I feel quite as strongly about it. There are a few improvements that I think could be made to the stock offerings...
  • Exterior/Interior Color options
  • better rear AC vent placement
  • better towing capability
  • better roof load capability
  • hybrid drive train (probably my biggest overall gripe with this model, especially since Ford has seemingly been a market leader with hybrids)
I'm star struck enough with the current offering that I could see myself keeping this vehicle 10 years, but also disappointed enough to know that I'll be tempted to trade-in in 3-5 years (I'm actually hoping my wife love the car enough to want to grab one for her next vehicle in 5 years).

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd maybe consider a short team lease to trade for the Raptor/Warthog/Performance-Hybrid-Thingy.

So far, though, I'm in this for the long haul.
I actually am considering this approach. Never leased a car in my life, namely because the math of it really almost never makes sense. You really are usually better off buying.

However, because of the questions around trims and powertrains (namely the hybrid for me) potentially coming in the future, I am actually thinking on this go round I might lease and turn it in after three years and see what my options are then. Of course this depends GREATLY on what kinds of lease terms are available.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Agree on the lease option, get what you want based on what they offer now and then look at what they're offering when the lease is up. If you like what you have better then buy out the lease, if not then walk away.

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea. You seem to have very specific preferences that Ford just isn’t supporting. They’re clearly just trying to accommodate the interests of broad-stroke customer groups and get as many new, young Bronco buyers as possible. I am personally going to lease my Bronco until the hybrid is released in a few years. If I were you, I’d get the Badlands 2-door with the high package (that’s also what I’m getting) and put a 2” lift aftermarket.
Eh, Base with Sasquatch, MT, and high package, seems like a pretty broadly appealing package. (Tires are whatever, I don't expect any rig to come with the tires I want.) Car companies aren't trying to use broad-strokes, they are aligning packages to get people to upgrade and spend more.

Hence putting me in a Badlands high-package, even though its got 5k plus worth of stuff I have no interest in, including some stuff in the high package I don't want.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a lease is more suited for you... or just wait a year or two for the new colors, trims, and powertrain options that you want.

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear you, though I don't know that I feel quite as strongly about it. There are a few improvements that I think could be made to the stock offerings...
  • Exterior/Interior Color options
  • better rear AC vent placement
  • better towing capability
  • better roof load capability
  • hybrid drive train (probably my biggest overall gripe with this model, especially since Ford has seemingly been a market leader with hybrids)
I'm star struck enough with the current offering that I could see myself keeping this vehicle 10 years, but also disappointed enough to know that I'll be tempted to trade-in in 3-5 years (I'm actually hoping my wife love the car enough to want to grab one for her next vehicle in 5 years).
Didn't mean to come across strongly. It's a cool rig, frustratingly close to being perfect in fact.

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a lease is more suited for you... or just wait a year or two for the new colors, trims, and powertrain options that you want.
I could buy a base with cash, and I wouldn't have to finance much on the BL. Depending on financing (sub 2%) I might finance more than I need to, but regardless I know I'll never be close to being upside down. I'll look at lease terms, but I don't think there will be any upside for me.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hate to break it to you, but it's a poor choice to buy ANY brand new vehicle without money to burn. Whether you plan to get rid of it or die in it, it's not an investment.

But yes, I do have disposable income. That doesn't mean I'm going to be throwing handfulls of cash out the window as I drive around, hence why I do consider things like trade-in value.
I'm open to different angles to saving money. But generally speaking, buying a new vehicle and then selling only a few years later, doesn't seem a good move financially. Because there is often a significant hit in terms of initial depreciation, along with various taxes and fees depending on locale.

Mostly I've done well financially driving used and cash cow vehicles, meaning vehicles that were acquired at relatively low cost, and don't require expensive fixes by 3rd parties. Basically riding out the lifespan of the vehicle where you get many years usage past the initial higher prices, but before you need to have the vehicle towed to the scrapyard, lol.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Considering how many improvements, color options, and packaging changes will be made by then; it’s not a bad idea to consider. Especially, if this new combo is what you wanted.
Sponsored