Sponsored

900 Broncos produced a day starting next month?

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I heard from a Ford employee that next month Ford is planning 900 new Broncos a day after their chip manufacturing plant in Arizona opens. True?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I heard from a Ford employee that next month Ford is planning 900 new Broncos a day after their chip manufacturing plant in Arizona opens. True?
Ford isn’t the owner of the chip plant being constructed in Arizona. A chip company based in India is the owner. They are supposed to be producing chips from that plant by 2024.

OP
OP
JimmyG

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford isn’t the owner of the chip plant being constructed in Arizona. A chip company based in India is the owner. They are supposed to be producing chips from that plant by 2024.
Thanks - so I got some bad info.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know little about this field but why is an India company coming here to make chips, but an American company just can’t make them that’s here already? Seems like a lost business opportunity by a domestic tech firm.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know little about this field but why is an India company coming here to make chips, but an American company just can’t make them that’s here already? Seems like a lost business opportunity by a domestic tech firm.
Chip factories take years and billions, yes billions, to build.

Sponsored

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chip factories take years and billions, yes billions, to build.
Ok. Microsoft has billions. Apple has billions. I’m sure there are others that have the capitol. Did it not take the Indian company years to build the factory they are in Arizona? Did they some how build there’s faster than an American company could?

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if it is produced here, they save on import tariffs. it seems like the us might be a major consumer market for the produced chips. and they are looking for people to man their call centers. they have seen how well indian call centers work for american customers so they will be using the same building to have a indian tech
support line (sarcasm font).

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Last I checked Intel is not an India owned Co.

Sponsored

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if it is produced here, they save on import tariffs. it seems like the us might be a major consumer market for the produced chips. and they are looking for people to man their call centers. they have seen how well indian call centers work for american customers so they will be using the same building to have a indian tech
support line (sarcasm font).
Ok. So I’ll ask because I am curious. I get them coming here to avoid tariffs. Can they produce a chip here faster or cheaper than an American company could?

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably. Same reason Toyota and many other "foreign" car companies have plants here amongst many other industries.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. Microsoft has billions. Apple has billions. I’m sure there are others that have the capitol. Did it not take the Indian company years to build the factory they are in Arizona? Did they some how build there’s faster than an American company could?
So, we get mad when our companies move plants overseas...and also get mad when international companies move plants here? Hey...be glad they are creating jobs here and producing here. Where the company is headquartered is of little consequence.
Sponsored