Sponsored

900 Broncos produced a day starting next month?

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are running over 900 down the line now I think, not sure how many are rangers
They need to shutter the Ranger and meet the demand for Broncos, should be 10-1 ratio if not more.
Sponsored

77wimbledon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f150, 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe this is correct. The news show " 60 Minutes " aired a story about chip manufacturing a few months ago. Some crazy number like 80% of all chips are produced by that one company in Taiwan. Two plants under construction in Arizona, but takes years and $ Billions. Microsoft and others admitted they made poor decisions years ago to not get into chip manufacturing. Now they are playing catch up. Don't forget, China has a heavy hand on Taiwan!

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe this is correct. The news show " 60 Minutes " aired a story about chip manufacturing a few months ago. Some crazy number like 80% of all chips are produced by that one company in Taiwan. Two plants under construction in Arizona, but takes years and $ Billions. Microsoft and others admitted they made poor decisions years ago to not get into chip manufacturing. Now they are playing catch up. Don't forget, China has a heavy hand on Taiwan!

This video explains the chip shortage. One Taiwanese company makes 90% of advanced chips and 24% of all chips. It's whole business model is based on building them more efficiently so that others like Apple/ nVidia can focus on designing chips and then having TSMC produce them.

They're building a new production facility in AZ, but it won't be ready until 2024. The US gave them significant incentives to bring some capacity back to the US and reduce our dependence on production in Taiwan (under threat from China).

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hyundai accent, 1988 Porsche 944
Your Bronco Model
Base

This video explains the chip shortage. One Taiwanese company makes 90% of advanced chips and 24% of all chips. It's whole business model is based on building them more efficiently so that others like Apple/ nVidia can focus on designing chips and then having TSMC produce them.

They're building a new production facility in AZ, but it won't be ready until 2024. The US gave them significant incentives to bring some capacity back to the US and reduce our dependence on production in Taiwan (under threat from China).
This! All the bs going on right has done a really good job at exposing how poorly America has managed business and it's import/export game.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just read an article today about how badly the pandemic has exposed Just In Time from consolidated economies of scale single source manufacturers as a risk. I am guessing US companies are pressuring Taiwan suppliers to onshore, and at the same time looking for other producers to diversify their supply chain risk.

Of course then they all decide to build plants in one place ...
JIT only works so far up the supply chain. At some point in the chain someone has to stock the inventory. On paper it looks great for the end producer. Up stream of that parts have to be stocked to cover lead times. Throw in the Covid curve ball and you have a supply chain nightmare.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
next time think about what you want to write before you do
if you want to introduce new forum rules, realize we'll only have ~5 threads...maybe 100 members :)

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This! All the bs going on right has done a really good job at exposing how poorly America has managed business and it's import/export game.
Some people have been bitching about this very subject for going on 30+ years now... ask my wife about it ;).

Some crazy-ass non-politican had a platform based on this exact supply-chain situation. We all saw what happened...

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people have been bitching about this very subject for going on 30+ years now... ask my wife about it ;).

Some crazy-ass non-politican had a platform based on this exact supply-chain situation. We all saw what happened...
I really miss that guy right now.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A 3rd shift would certainly be great news. Is this confirmed?
While a 3rd shift would be nice, I think this is just a rumor. They have had problems getting people hired for current shifts. Besides....they have only hit about 50% of daily production capacity now. Why add a 3rd shift when shifts 1 and 2 are not even turning out the maximum number of units. Add in parts shortages... looking at it from a business perspective...there is no need (currently) for a 3rd shift. Another issue right now is getting completed units shipped.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most chips used by the auto manufacturers typically are not from the high-end fabs (TSMC, Intel, Samsung). Those places are making expensive CPUs and GPUs for computers, phones, tablets, etc.

The auto chip manufacturers are more often companies like Infineon (Germany), NXP (Netherlands), Renesas (Japan), ST (Switzerland), TI (USA), and ON (USA).

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok. So I’ll ask because I am curious. I get them coming here to avoid tariffs. Can they produce a chip here faster or cheaper than an American company could?
the answer is most likely yes... being a foreign company in the US - they have special accomodations that dont befit the American company. The Indian company probably doesnt have to pay the high corporate tax rates either... heck, the state of our economy at this point, the US govt will probably pay them to come here to manufacture chips, and we will pay triple for each chip (with US tax dollars of course); Nothing surprises me now.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most chips used by the auto manufacturers typically are not from the high-end fabs (TSMC, Intel, Samsung). Those places are making expensive CPUs and GPUs for computers, phones, tablets, etc.

The auto chip manufacturers are more often companies like Infineon (Germany), NXP (Netherlands), Renesas (Japan), ST (Switzerland), TI (USA), and ON (USA).
This is B6G, we don't take kindly to factually correct information here. Nor do we want to hear that the more complicated chips are not as robust and will likely be a poor choice for an automotive environment in general and especially in a vehicle advertised for use in rough conditions.

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the actual number of Broncos built each day is 350/day. Ford built 7,364 units in October, assuming they worked all 21 week days that is the math. If they did add a 3rd shift then perhaps they could hit 525 a day.
Sponsored