Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has been endlesslyyyyyyyyyyyy discussed on this forum. Delivery will depend on reservations date, dealer allocation, options in your build, and now the chip crisis is coming into play. Higher spec models that may need chips that are in demand are going to get delayed. Albert at Granger said he is waiting 6 months for F150 deliveries on anything above XLT trim due to higher trim levels needing chips Ford can't get. I am a July 15th reservations at Granger which has a ton of orders. My build is very simple so Albert thinks I have reasonable chance of getting mine fairly quickly, maybe by end of summer if I am lucky based on the build specs. I have no late availability options and order a 2.3 manual. If I ordered a squatch with black top it would have been late fall or 22 model year.
Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it will slow down once the Bronco goes into production. at first they said 60/40 Bronco Ranger split but probably be more like 70/30 or 80/20
I get that. I'm trying to understand what FRP numbers would look like for Ranger if Bronco wasn't in the picture, so that those prospective percentages can be applied to realistic unit outputs. Maybe the OP has access to manufacturing data from early last year before preproducing Broncos became a "thing". I suspect it was above 10K.

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That really sad they crush them. Love to have one sitting in my living room.

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry if this was answered, but how did Oakville build less than 200 vehicles in January but Kentucky built close to 30K in Super Duty's

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

thats alot.

what do you think all of them are for?
Supposedly Ford is sending every dealer mannequin vehicles.

edit. I was told that originally the mannequins where supposed to be at the dealer before the ordering window closed in March🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These are production intent. These are as close to production as they currently can get and the only things that MAY be tweaked are tiny cosmetic things (panel gaps etc) and issues that they try to solve before we find out they are an issue (such as shift cable issues...IP issues..etc)

Every single one of these will be destroyed
Since they will be eventually crushing all these units and Broncos are supplied to those who are participating in the "Off-roadeo" trips. I have wondered if they will be using any of these pre-pro vehicles. Or maybe send some of them to dealerships for the public to see? Not sure what regulation dictates on pre-pro models

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't been following the Mustang Mach-E release at all, but I believe they're in the same boat as the Bronco crowd with reserving/placing orders, right? The chart says they've built over 4k already which seems like a lot considering their B&P just came out.
The Mach-E schedule is running about 6 months ahead of the Bronco schedule. OKTB was 12/18/2020 (OK To Buy), and the plant started shipping outside Mexico City in late December. A few retail customers in the US received deliveries at year end. Many other retail deliveries have occurred in January and February, and mannequins are also en route for test drives on dealer lots.

Besides schedule, the other big difference between the Mach-E and the Bronco is that Mach-E plant capacity is greater than current demand, so every retail customer that orders one now will most likely get it this model year (even the GT models, which are not yet finalized). Eventually, Mache-E demand will outstrip supply, because the plant‘s capacity (50,000 units/year) is currently limited by the battery supply contract, and battery supplies are constrained worldwide.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since they will be eventually crushing all these units and Broncos are supplied to those who are participating in the "Off-roadeo" trips. I have wondered if they will be using any of these pre-pro vehicles. Or maybe send some of them to dealerships for the public to see? Not sure what regulation dictates on pre-pro models
My guess is that with production still 3ish months away these may be a bit early for the off-roadeo and journalists. Still probably destined for crash testing and maybe some dealer units. My understanding is they do a large final run right before job 1 and those are used for final QC on the assembly line but they are the exact same as a production one. They just go through them with a super fine tooth comb to make sure everything is buttoned down.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah last I saw the Broncos are in phase 2 of 4.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As Jay Z said....99 Broncos and mine ain't 1

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Crash tests, final fuel economy tests, or just good ol' test drives. All of these are the sacrificial Broncos that will be destroyed after their short, useful, and important lives.

They're usually built without VINs or have "PP" in the VIN to indicate pre-production, all to ensure that the general public doesn't accidentally buy one.
Not true, they actually all have VIN on them for documentation/paperwork and proper registration trail for tracking purpose. How’s Ford going to prove to the DMV that each and everyone is accounted for when they junk them?