Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco story, my dad had a 1966 half cab (very similar to my profile pic). I grew up in this little Bronco (later 70’s/early 80’s), my friends loved it and so did our family. It was the only one in our small town. My dad let me steer, while he ran the foot pedals, he taught me to shift the 3 on the tree when he’d say “shift”, and I remember he loved that thing.

My dad was in a car accident in 1986 and never recovered, eventually passing away in 1992 from his injuries. I’ve always wanted a first generation, but this Bronco is too awesome to ignore. Maybe I’ll get both eventually but for now I’m rolling with the new one.

i want those memories with my 2 boys. This is a vehicle I’ve been waiting my whole life for (I’m 44) and now it’s here. I can’t wait!

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Expedition, 07 Harley Heritage, 07 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's funny, I don't remember there being a Master-at-Arms in the Air Force! Ha just kidding, thanks for your service but Go Air Force!
Haha Love It, I actually went through my MP academy down at Joint Base Lackland across the base from the Air Force guys. Had a lot of fun down there in Texas

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ben, thanks for your posts. It IS nice to see someone who works for a dealer who is as enthusiastic about the new Bronco as we are. Have to say, prior to the reveal, by reading bronco6g forum posts/news, and by having the Bronco as a Google News alert, I knew a heck of a lot more than any person with whom I spoke at a dealership.

Thanks for the Kudos. A lot of dealership guys look at this just as another model, but I'm truly pumped for Ford's new Off-Roader, have been for year!

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco story, my dad had a 1966 half cab (very similar to my profile pic). I grew up in this little Bronco (later 70’s/early 80’s), my friends loved it and so did our family. It was the only one in our small town. My dad let me steer, while he ran the foot pedals, he taught me to shift the 3 on the tree when he’d say “shift”, and I remember he loved that thing.

My dad was in a car accident in 1986 and never recovered, eventually passing away in 1992 from his injuries. I’ve always wanted a first generation, but this Bronco is too awesome to ignore. Maybe I’ll get both eventually but for now I’m rolling with the new one.

i want those memories with my 2 boys. This is a vehicle I’ve been waiting my whole life for (I’m 44) and now it’s here. I can’t wait!
Reminds me a lot of how my dad first taught me to row the gears by learning the timing and stick first while he did the pedals (It was quuite some time after that until I could actually reach the pedals!). Your 2 boys will be lucky to look back and have those memories with you just like how it was with you and your dad. Plus, with 3500 pounds of towing, when you finally get your own first gen, you can bring it along with you.

Thanks for Sharing
-Ben

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haha Love It, I actually went through my MP academy down at Joint Base Lackland across the base from the Air Force guys. Had a lot of fun down there in Texas
Nice. I did my initial nav training down there at Randolph! Been at Barksdale ever since.

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
47, worked hard, provide for my family, always bought new for tge wife and made do with hand me downs. Took a stock R50 pathfinder and turned into a capable rig but she is long in the tooth now.

The Bronco is going to be her replacement, my once in a lifetime big ticket purchase for me. Blacksquatch 2d with winch, stinger, cargo rack and snorkel is my goal if those are offered.

She like her predecessor will be seen wheeling and camping throughout the Ozarks and Quachitas. Also have a dream of taking my youngest out west to tackle the big name trails out there.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was younger we had, must have been a mid 80's, a Bronco with power windows which included the rear window on the tailgate. Several times, us kids would be bouncing around in the "way back" and my mom would put the rear window up. Moments later my lil brother would start crying and screaming as he had stuck his head out that window and now his head was pinned between the glass and frame. This happened way to many times and he never seemed to learn his lesson. To this day, the shrieks of terror and pain eminatting from my little bro during those moments still bring a smile to my face.

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
47, worked hard, provide for my family, always bought new for tge wife and made do with hand me downs. Took a stock R50 pathfinder and turned into a capable rig but she is long in the tooth now.

The Bronco is going to be her replacement, my once in a lifetime big ticket purchase for me. Blacksquatch 2d with winch, stinger, cargo rack and snorkel is my goal if those are offered.

She like her predecessor will be seen wheeling and camping throughout the Ozarks and Quachitas. Also have a dream of taking my youngest out west to tackle the big name trails out there.
Sounds like a great plan, finally your turn in the batters box. Also, I'm sure if Ford doesn't have all the things you want to bolt on, some other company will. This new vehicle will be huge in the aftermarket segment.

Haven't been out to the Ozarks or out west for the big stuff, but I'm hoping I can get out their with my own Bronco sooner than later. Thanks For Sharing!

-Ben

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was younger we had, must have been a mid 80's, a Bronco with power windows which included the rear window on the tailgate. Several times, us kids would be bouncing around in the "way back" and my mom would put the rear window up. Moments later my lil brother would start crying and screaming as he had stuck his head out that window and now his head was pinned between the glass and frame. This happened way to many times and he never seemed to learn his lesson. To this day, the shrieks of terror and pain eminatting from my little bro during those moments still bring a smile to my face.
? That's fantastic haha, I'm sure quite a few kids were in that same boat with the older Broncos. What's crazy is that it kept happening over and over again. Hilarious memories you'll never forget for sure!

Thanks for sharing

-Ben

Sponsored

MiracleMan777

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2010 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From a Ford Dealer Perspective

I just wanted to stop and say thank you. Working with the new Bronco customers with all the reservations coming in has been fantastic. It really makes the day go by much better when people are as excited as I am about the new Bronco Family. It's not just talking about what color you prefer, or whether or not you want your seats heated. It's about the lifestyle and the fun that the Bronco can bring. I'll sit and listen to stories of the Bronco's you had from decades ago, or the Bronco your dad took you fishing with, to the '95 still sitting in the driveway. Everyone that I've talked to so far also has a different dream or end goal with their future Bronco. Some want sleek and fast, some want to overland with the family, some want to go hardcore offroading/rock crawling. Everyone is unique yet united when it comes to Ford's new off-roader. I'm just thankful I can be a part of this excited group of enthusiasts to talk shop and eventually show off my own Bronco (Going with the Black Diamond).

The Bronco community that has grown over the last few years has been awesome to see. As a lifelong Ford fan and current employee of the Ford Motor Company, I love seeing such a fired up group of people that shares the same goal, The return of the Bronco!

It has been years of waiting and hoping from the concept Bronco of 2004, to the official announcement of the comeback in 2017, on to now where it's finally coming to fruition. The wait is almost over, soon we'll be in our new rides and loving life. Showing them off to anyone who will look at them in person, on social media, and on these forums whether they are kept stock or modded to the extreme.

Thanks again guys for making this Bronco Launch and Comeback so much fun!

-Ben

2021 Ford Bronco - Built Wild

Ben, I agree with you. I've been selling Fords for 13 years and never been so excited about a new vehicle launch. The following the Bronco has and the lifestyle that Ford has been missing all these years is finally coming into the brand. Jeep has dominated this type of market for years now and I can't wait to see Ford jump into it again. I've been talking to the customers who have reserved one and just the energy you can tell they have about it, is like no other!

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ben, I agree with you. I've been selling Fords for 13 years and never been so excited about a new vehicle launch. The following the Bronco has and the lifestyle that Ford has been missing all these years is finally coming into the brand. Jeep has dominated this type of market for years now and I can't wait to see Ford jump into it again. I've been talking to the customers who have reserved one and just the energy you can tell they have about it, is like no other!
Justin, It's been a blast. I usually handle just commercial vehicles, but when the Bronco orders opened, I jumped right on. The level of excitement is built as wild as the Bronco Itself. This new generation of Bronco vehicles and getting back into the adventure lifestyle segment is awesome. As you said, it's like no other.

Thanks for sharing
-Ben

OP
OP
gonavy2205

gonavy2205

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate seeing everyone that has shared so far!
Ford Bronco A Big Thank You to the Future Bronco Owners from a Dealer Perspective bkd-

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love this post. So glad to see some dealers as passionate as customers about a vehicle. This has been missing from Ford for years but Ford is getting better over the past several years.

I would love to see more dealerships being involved with the passion for Ford vehicles. Have customer loyalty days...rotate models each month. Have a little food/drink and let the customers of the same model in town talk to each other and the staff at the dealership. Great thing to do first thing on a Saturday morning at a dealership...even if it's just once a month or every other month.

Imagine how cool it would be to have a bunch of Ford Bronco's parked together at the dealership with a BBQ going on a Saturday morning!

Thanks again for the post!

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for your perspective and enthusiasm. Sorry for the long post but as I began typing it just flowed. I have been researching my next vehicle for more than the last year (my wife is a patient soul). I have refined my criteria to include the following: 4WD, rugged appearance, current safety tech, daily drivable and comfortable with some amenities. I have seen many of the current vehicles (Wrangler, Gladiator, Ranger, 4Runner, Trail Boss) that tick one or more of the boxes. I joined this forum earlier this year to keep abreast of the Bronco just in case. I have always admired the Bronco but I never had the occasion to own one. I had not let myself get overly excited about the Bronco's potential but as the launch approached the flow of leaks began to peak my interest. I decided that it was a no brainer to make a reservation, just in case. And then I watched the premiere, and I devoured the website and within 10 hours I had reserved a Bronco. Let me just say, WOW! I am not easily swayed; I am a 57 yo soon to retire Army Chaplain (Go Army!) and I have learned to not give in to the hype, but what I saw in the Bronco ticked all of my boxes and then some. The "then some" is the impeccable retro styling that has pushed the Bronco to the front of my line. When I saw the Black Diamond I thought Ford had been reading my mail and channeling my thoughts. It has the classic styling of the First Gen Bronco, the right level of off road features and just enough tech, and painted steel wheels! This will be my daily driver/adventure/retirement/bucket list vehicle that I plan to enjoy for many years to come.
Thanks for your service, our military chaplains are always there for us.
Sponsored