First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have two reservations (July 2020) and two orders. This was from back when Ford's rules said if you wanted to change models you needed to have a second reservation. I have a good relationship with my dealer and orders were placed for both reservations.
- I decided on a 2 door BL 2.3 7MT High Tow.
- The dealer placed an order for a 2 Door BD 2.3 Auto Mid Tow. (A BD was my initial choice until I was swayed to the BL by the swaybar disconnect and M210 front axle)

The BD is going to get built next week. My BL order is now a 2022 and who knows when it gets scheduled and built. I really want a 7MT and would prefer the BL drive train and High package.

I can get the BD from the dealer (probably at MSRP which isn't as good of a deal as I have negotiated on the BL). I don't "need" the Bronco it will be an extra vehicle so no transportation issues.

Would you: a) Wait on the BL? b) Get the BD now and replace it when the BL gets built? c) Settle for the BD now and let the dealer change the 2022 BL order to whatever they like? Oh, and this is a very small dealership (only their second Bronco for 2021) so if I don't get the BD it will probably get sold to a local school teacher.

Update. The Black Diamond arrived this week and I checked it out today. Dealer had held it for me to have the first chance. I decided to be patient and wait for the Badlands.

If anyone is looking for a 2 door BD, DM me and I’ll get you the dealer info in SE Kansas

Ford Bronco A Bird in the Hand.  What would you do? Update - Passed on the Black Diamond 09553856-5A92-404A-BDDF-F17E55553A0E

@CO-Bronco The aliens must have delivered this two door.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Take the BD now, and then trade it strait up for the BL.
💪
They might act like they wouldn’t; but they’d be losing $ saying no.
Especially since you could sell the BD for
(Probably) the cost of the Badlands.

I’m in a very similar boat.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in for a 4 door BL MT Sasquatch, tow, high so you know my answer. Wait another 3-6 to get what you want and make a teacher happy.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This was from back when Ford's rules said if you wanted to change models you needed to have a second reservation.
I reserved on day 1 and this was never part of the rules. I reserved a single FE knowing at the time I could change trims, door count, dealers, etc. at will. Ended up sticking with the FE anyway

Sponsored
OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved on day 1 and this was never part of the rules. I reserved a single FE knowing at the time I could change trims, door count, dealers, etc. at will. Ended up sticking with the FE anyway
I just know that when I decided a week after I made a BD reservation that I wanted to change it to a BL. I called the Ford reservation number and they told me to make a second reservation. So I did and ended up with two reservations.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Option (B) good sir. There is NO GUARANTEE your BL will get built in 2022. If it does, great!! If it doesn't, and you passed on the BD, how would you feel?

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ummm. Buy the one you want and then cancel the other order so it doesn't go to a non-reservation holder?

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
School teachers need some fun too

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get them both. You would have to problem selling one.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any two door is a good two door, but I get you. Any word on how long the BL is going to take? If not yet scheduled it means it's a '22. Any good '22 stuff (color?, bumper?) you would prefer? Want this winter or would spring be OK? and if the BD is Sas, same same except SBD. Answer these and you'll know.

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ummm. Buy the one you want and then cancel the other order so it doesn't go to a non-reservation holder?
The one I want isn't being built first so this really isn't an option.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd buy the BD and trade it in when the BL shows up unless the depreciation will hurt your pockets too much.

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any two door is a good two door, but I get you. Any word on how long the BL is going to take? If not yet scheduled it means it's a '22. Any good '22 stuff (color?, bumper?) you would prefer? Want this winter or would spring be OK? and if the BD is Sas, same same except SBD. Answer these and you'll know.
One of the questions I have to the dealer to help with my decision making is about what their 2022 Bronco allocation looks like. I am pretty confident the BL will be a 2022 and probably get built in the first half of the year. But if the dealer says they have doubts about a 2022 allocation for it then that sways to the BD.
Sponsored