Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all Bronco6g members!

First post on here to hopefully give some insight, ideas, and info.

Have been on here religiously since reserving early, appreciate all the info shared on here, and this forum helped me keep my sanity (and lose it at times haha) throughout the whole process.

This post will include:

-What I am coming from (cough Jeep)
-Bronco Order Specs and thought process
-Pre-Delivery
-Dealer, Wait, Delivery
-Modifications done out the gate
-Initial impressions, opinions, and review post maiden voyage.
-Future modifications.

Coming from a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited:

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20210810_180912

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20210808_135603

Function of my Bronco will be an Overland build and Daily driver.

Ordered a 4-door Badlands Area 51 2.3L Manual High Package Non-Sasquatch.

Thought process was I wanted something out the box ready to go hit the trails, went with 4-door just because of the extra cargo space for overlanding gear, and wanted a manual. To be honest, 2 of the options that forced me to a Badlands were the sway bar disconnect and 12" Screen in the high package. Good job Ford getting me to go to the higher trim haha. Order placed on I believe 7/15 (so long ago I cant remember and for those that will ask haha). After doing the Bronco Off-Rodeo in Nevada in October, not disappointed with my decision. These things are truly capable and I highly recommend going to an Off-Rodeo event to learn, get comfortable, and beat up a rig that isn't yours haha. One could argue its overkill and I wouldn't disagree. Coming from a 98 Jeep I was able to complete some difficult trails with a basic 4x4 setup. That being said I can confidently do all the trails on my bucket list for the Bronco.

Pre-Delivery.

I, like everyone else, lost my mind haha. I would like to thank everyone on here again that shared information and continues to do so. This has been a huge resource for me throughout the waiting process, when I was buying mods blindly haha (and which to not buy), and plan to hopefully give back some info that might help someone else. Here is how pre-delivery went for me.

First time I saw the Bronco in person was in Arizona at Barret-Jackson Scottsdale:

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20210321_121953

At this point I went down a rabbit hole of just digesting as much Bronco information as humanly possible, almost to unhealthy levels haha. Received my VIN and then a monthly email of how my build is delayed. Accepted the fact I'll get it when I get it and that I am lucky to even have a VIN and stopped checking Ford emails. Was on Bronco6g everyday regardless.

Bronco Off-Rodeo Nevada:

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211006_071838

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211006_080813

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211006_103134

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211006_120357

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211006_134223

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211006_164656

Like I already mentioned, highly recommend going to an Off-Rodeo if your able to. Great experience, staff was awesome and knowledgeable, you got to play with a Bronco without the anxiety of it being yours and get hands on. Everybody was just excited to get behind the wheel and we all joked about how we will never get one.

At this point got my build date from my dealer and scheduled for 11/21 build group. Excitement kicked in and ordered a bunch of parts and took on a project of painting an old rooftop carrier Area 51 color:

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211125_162252

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211125_220645

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211126_112605

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211126_160400

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211126_213028

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211127_073613

Fun project and learned a good amount about the painting process. Needs more clear coat to match color better, but good enough for how often and for what it will be used for. All paint and stickers I just google searched. Bronco sticker found on Etsy, Sasquatch sticker on Amazon, and paint was from

https://everestautomotivemarket.com/custom-mixed-paint/ford/ford-area-51-ku/?variation_id=944736

Dealer, Wait, and Delivery:

Dealer I used was D'Orazio Ford 1135 S Water St, Wilmington, IL 60481. Couldn't speak more highly and recommend this dealer. No games or price mark-up at delivery (which I was worried about after reading the unfortunate horror stories on here). Whenever I would come to them with information I learned on here they would investigate and confirm information was accurate and get back to me. Wait was a year and a half from time of reservation and the whole process was less stressful because of the staff here. They even went out of their way with the pre-delivery requests I made. If anyone is thinking of ordering in the Chicagoland/Northern Illinois area I would go here for a seriously enjoyable buying experience and talk to Vince. (Yes, I know how long the wait would be haha).

Delivery came and picked up the Bronco:

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211130_120531

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211130_120546

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211130_120232

Pinching myself at this point...

Modifications done out the gate:

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211206_194718

KMC Dirty Harry Rims 17x8.5 with 0 offset wrapped in Yokohama Geolander M/T 35x12.5. Crash bars removed up front.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211207_233135

I like the little amount of poke from the tires and stance.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211207_233119

Threw on roof rack and some lights. Lights from Rough Country. Easy install straight to aux switches. Tons of videos available to show you how to wire.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153830

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153835

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153843

Ran the Round 4" lights up under and up the grill and then along the engine compartment to the driver side and zip tied to existing wires. Could be done countless ways, this is the cleanest look I got after playing around with it and having a buddy who is a natural mechanic help me. Hard to see from the pictures, but that was the goal.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153902

Pods are even easier to install, note where the wire goes into. Need to pop up the plastic and it fits in there nicely and runs into the engine compartment.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153808

Boom blaster horn with the horse noise. Worth it for the smiles haha.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153816

Currently have:

Aux 1: RC Pod lights
Aux 2: RC 4" Round Lights
Aux 3: Reserved for Amber Diode Dynamics 6" Light bar Fog lights
Aux 4: Reserved for Amber Diode Dynamics 6" Light bar chase lights
Aux 5: Rigid Amber Rock Lights
Aux 6: Boom Blaster Horn

Accessories are easy to switch. Future plans include an air compressor and winch so once I decide on set-up and placement will move accessories around as needed.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153916

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153926

Rough Country Reinforcement, relocation, and 3rd brake light extension. Easy to install. Perfect for current needs and if/when it starts looking worn out I will have an excuse to upgrade with more options to choose from haha. Yes, stock rim/tire bothers me, but the 5th KMC Dirty Harry rim is on back order and patiently waiting for it.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153942

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153948

N-Fab side steps and Ford mud flaps. Took off the rock rails and will be putting those on when I hit the trails. Easy on and off, just a few bolts. Thought here was make it easier for certain family members to get in and out, while also not having to dremel and cut into the mud flaps to accommodate the rock rails. Hoping cheaper options for mud flaps become available. Ford rear mud flaps DO NOT FIT the Badlands. Considered PPE, but too expensive and will just have to deal with the beauty marks.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153615

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153618

Key pad installed in the fuel filler door. Cleaner look and a deterrent for people to play with it.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153704

Tail gate table, love how it says Bronco and will meet my needs as a cooking platform or extra table space when out in the wild.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_153641

Heard mixed reviews on this. My impression is its sturdy, did not make any noise while on my maiden voyage, and is customizable to fit my needs. Waiting for rubber mat to come in to protect the top. As far as stuff falling in the sides or behind it, anything that small I stored inside the drawer and big bags and equipment on top, so wasn't an issue for me. Eventually, would like to mount a fridge slide and more drawers that would be removeable when not needed using 80/20 aluminum, but still in the R&D stage and waiting for summer when I will need to pack before going overlanding to see what I can accomplish.

Initial impressions, opinions, and review post maiden voyage:

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211212_113653

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211213_105949

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211213_130047

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211214_090540

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211214_165034

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211215_070646

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211215_072155

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211215_072453

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211215_141922

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211216_095429

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20211217_013351

Maiden voyage was from Illinois to Vermont and back. These are just my observations and personal opinions of the experience. Overall love the Bronco and couldn't be happier with how the maiden voyage went. Roughly 42 hours of seat time, 2166.8 miles, and an average of 16.5 mpg. Experienced strong winds of 40-70 mph, icy conditions, rain downpours, sun and snow. Was averaging 18 mpg before I began my drive back and that is when high winds really affected my mpg. Will throw stock wheels/tires back on to see the difference in mpg, just because of personal curiosity and waiting on the backordered KMC wheel. Don't imagine it being significant, the rep where I bought the wheels at said with the larger rotational mass of my setup I am losing 1-2mpg. 20 gallon tank equals roughly 40 miles of range. I know the sasquatch tires would have less rotational mass over my setup due to the tires weighing less, so I would imagine a sas would have slightly better mpg over what I experienced. Due to strong winds, could notice the wind noise and could feel air coming into the Bronco at certain angles. At 70+mph it is noticeable, but I discovered if you set the music to 20 you can jam out and forget all about it haha. Price you pay for a removeable top. Do not have the B&O sound system and on higher volumes it is lacking, but do not usually listen to music that high so it did not bother me. Did not notice any leaks during downpours and have a MIC 2.0. Did not notice any defects either. Infotainment did bug out once on my trip, but reset itself after I turned the car on and off. Easy to use and like I said earlier, I'm a huge fan of the 12" screen. Cameras were helpful at night and in tight spots. Car feels and is wide, just an adjustment period is needed if your coming from a smaller car to know where your at and get comfortable. Interior is a nice place to be, nice materials where your eyes and hands are, cost saving ones where they are not. Seats are extremely comfortable. Happy with the marine grade vinyl, scared to wash out the interior though haha. Heated seats on the highest setting could cook your breakfast. Vertical tach did not bother me as much as I thought it would. Adjusted to it pretty quickly and babied it, not going above 3k. Speedo on the side is redundant. Manual gearbox is easy to use with a soft clutch which has a nice clutch point and engages quickly. Likes to reset to center no matter what gear your in, with 3 being up and 4 down. Once you figure that out and get used to it, throws to 1 or 2 are slightly left and 5 or 6 slightly right. I know I just explained how you shift in a manual, but the reset to center was more noticeable over all other manuals I've driven so thought it was worth a mention. Crawler gear has instant torque, great for traffic haha, and looking forward to actually using it on a trail. 2.3 eco boost felt ample, never going above 3k didn't feel underpowered as long as I was in the right gear. For my intended use happy with the 2.3. Ford and Panda have tunes coming or currently out, so there are options for more power. Center console, placement of buttons, and center storage I was really impressed with. Adjusted to it all quickly and felt like I owned the car longer than I did. Storage in the doors was lacking, but that is why I have the cargo drawer and space in center storage is enough for me. Did not know the manual came with auto start/stop. Thought it was an issue with the motor before I realized I had it haha. Know there is mixed opinions with most people hating it, but can turn it off or just press the clutch and move into gear and engine will stay on. Lane keep assist activated enough to where it didn't feel overpowering. The zone lighting was another feature I was impressed with. Originally got the rock lights to help light up the campsite at night, feel the zone lighting will be a nice additional to that and can be accessed on the Ford Pass app as well. Originally kept experiencing issue with doors and tailgate not properly closing. Once all doors were exercised multiple times problem did not resurface. Did notice a gel that I imagine is used to lubricate locking mechanism, so once that was set problem disappeared. On road felt like a car with IFS haha. Offroad I just teased it and know I will stop before the Bronco does haha. Only thing I wish I had is the trail turn assist. Used it at the Bronco off rodeo, not a gimmick actually useful and hopefully in the future can retrofit it to a manual somehow. This is a vehicle to be used for a specific purpose, so I expected and anticipated to deal with the "complaints" people had about them. None of them are big enough to bother me and a drop in the bucket when you look at the overall picture. Planning on a few overland adventures next year and will keep you guys up to date.

Future Bronco Modifications:

Touched on some of this already, but here are the near future plans:

-Undercarriage sprayed
-Rubber mat to protect cargo drawer from scratches
-License plate relocation kit (already drilled into the front so will just plug up holes)
-Diode Dynamics 6" Amber led light bar fog lights
-Diode Dynamics 6" Amber led light bar chase lights
-Removable overlanding drawer system to be used in conjunction with Ford drawer system. Using 80/20 Aluminum.
-ARB compressor
-Winch (Waiting for some more sleeker/ less bulky options)
-As I stated I am happy with the power, but I will consider tune depending on price and something for amplifying turbo noises. (Completely unnecessary, but sounds cool)
-Recovery gear

UPDATE 5/25/2022

What's up guys and gals ?!?

Just passed 12000 miles and have been busy getting the Bronco ready and going on some adventures.

I will just jump into it with modifications:

Overlanding platform- just a piece of plywood with some car fabric glued to it with a 2x4 wrapped in the same fabric screwed in over the passenger seats to even it out. Secured to the back through the holes in the Ford drawer system. D-rings screwed in and gear secured with straps. Was originally going to make a system of 80/20 aluminum, but decided to go with a simpler, quicker, and cheaper option for now.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220321_155503

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220321_162359
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220502_221931

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220502_222023

Secured with some nuts and bolts onto the Ford drawer system through existing D-ring holes. Easy, practical solution that did its job keeping my gear secure while hitting the trails. Do not have a picture with everything secured, but used the factory cargo net in combinations with some heavy duty straps.
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220321_153737
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220502_221911

Rough Country Winch-

Plenty of install videos and information available to make it work with the Badlands. Had a buddy who is a car guru help me weld some sheet metal to the skid plate and sprayed it with bedliner. Very happy with how it turned out.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220406_203147

Sprayed the winch plate with bed liner since the tailgate reinforcement from RC began to rust already (more on that down below)

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220422_151506
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220428_102541
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220428_110148
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220428_114658
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220428_115214
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220428_115633
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220430_161159
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220430_161225
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220430_161233

Purchased an extra 4 feet of the winch controller cable from RC and drilled into the plastic mirror cover to be able to plug in the controller easily and have the hood closed (suggested mounting location is under the hood).

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220428_151719
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220430_211211

Added a Bronze R to the grill. Have all the letters, but like the look of just one letter being accented.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220430_210526

RC tailgate reinforcement began to rust so good excuse to continue with the Bronze theme.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220422_134033
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220422_151517
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220422_134019

Received a Black Bronco emblem found on the WT, but haven't installed it yet. Chrome emblem will be replaced.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220429_065305

Bad Ass Tents Spare Tire Mount- Hi-lift jack and gas container

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220503_134740

Recovery Gear- Have the winch for recovery along with a tire repair kit, ratchet straps, assortment of tools, high lift jack and hi lift jack attachments, spare tie-rod, recovery boards waterproof tape, electrical kit, spare nuts, bolts, screws etc. and ford performance recovery kit.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220503_133620
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220503_134137

Forscan- Added Sport mode, Amber DRL, and removed the double honk.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220401_211416

Amber DRLS and Ford hood deflector. Bugs mainly collected on the grill and upper windshield. Hood deflector did its job, no chips yet (knock on wood).

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220504_141903

Rooftop tent mounted w/ welcome mat

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220505_200928

ARB compressor w/ DIY air system (instructions found on youtube). Compressor is not mounted permanently yet, purchased with Ford Pass points and the combo worked great. Deflates quickly and inflates from 20-25PSI to 35-40PSI in less than 10 minutes. Will run it like this for now.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220507_145529

Wireless Amazon lights for $40 w/ remote attached w/ velcro. Rechargeable and works great. Will be my setup till better options become available.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220508_212802

Mudflaps- Needed Mudflaps to work with stock rock rails. Cut into the crash bars, welded a flat piece of metal, and screwed in some amazon mudflaps. Worked great on the trails and protected the paint. Need to get smaller screws due to slight rub at full lock.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220503_162745
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220503_161959

Ford Emblem Black Vinyl and Black Bronco Emblem-

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220624_103727

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220624_103732

Sinister Accessory Rail- Go Pro and Tablet Nav (OnXOffRoad)

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220624_103807

Maiden Overlanding Voyage-

Chicago to Moab and Back- Stopped in Nebraska at McConaughy Lake. Trails in Moab were Onion Creek into the San Juan Mountains, Fins n Things, Dome Plateau, and Top of the World. Bronco handled everything beautifully with only minor beauty marks on the underside and got comfortable hitting the trails with the Bronco.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220504_141448
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220504_141843
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220504_144524
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220505_200920
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220505_194503
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220505_203210
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_094323
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_123315
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_130132
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_133713
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_152446
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_152736
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_160912
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_161055
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_165751
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220506_182512
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220507_135355
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220507_195951
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220507_200242
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220508_134536

Ran into the Bronco Sport Bronco Off Rodeo group in Moab

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220508_162835
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220508_163057
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) IMG_3715
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) IMG_4144
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220508_190650
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220508_202956
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220509_144825
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220509_161027
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220509_161503
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220509_163031
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220509_163134
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220509_162946

Trails we chose became progressively harder. Lift and bigger tires would have made me more comfortable on Top of the World, but stock Badlands w 35s and some extra time to pick our lines, had no issue besides some scraping you guys can see from the pics below. That is what the skid plates are for haha and they did their job. Off roading with a manual transmission was an adjustment. Crawler gear works beautifully, lockers and sway bar engaged/disengaged quickly and without issues when needed. Just a matter of getting more comfortable with gear and drive selection from here on out. More work with the manual, but also more satisfying personally. Bronco never felt underpowered with the 2.3L and MT. Had a good mix of some sand, dirt, and rocks on this trip. Played around with all the G.O.A.T modes. Once you learn them its easy to just throw it into what you need, but for some of the more technical obstacles I found myself just engaging what I needed manually. The red Moab dust got everywhere like it always does and as you can see destroyed my air filter. Fuel mileage with it fully loaded up with needed gear, tent up top, highway driving, and hitting the trails averaged out to 14.9.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220511_141351
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220511_141406
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220511_141416
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220511_141431
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220511_141448
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220511_141444
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220516_132935
Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) 20220511_144146

You guys and gals are now up to date. Feel free to ask questions if you have any, be happy to answer them. Build is at a point where I am happy with it, have hit the trails and just need to tinker with placement. Will wait for aftermarket to catch up and upgrade as needed. For now, hope to see you all in the wild!

Ford Bronco A Bronco Badlands Story, Impressions, Trip(s) & Build (Updated) IMG_4144
Sponsored

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice looking rig. Mine came equipped with the ford cargo mat...When I installed the drawer, I threw the mat on top. Works extremely well. You may want to look into it vs the cardboard.

d1.jpg

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow!

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats! Your Bronco looks great. Thanks for the write-up and the pictures. Hearing all about it just makes me regret going with the base. I just knew that 360 camera would be terrific. :cry:

Oh well, I'll have to learn to drive it old school. 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought all BL’s had trail turn assist…

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great review Andy, I'm still waiting for my Badlands and like you I went to the Nevada Bronco Off-Rodeo Dec. 1st, my first impressions after the event were like wow this thing is very capable and glad it wasn't mine lol, I did things in it I might do after a few years lol, very thankful it had skid plates because I used them a couple times 😉 I'm with you and highly recommend going to one to get a good feel on what it can and will do. Congratulations on your Bronco and hopefully my Area 51 Badlands will be here before summer 😀

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice build and mods.
Very close to mine yet to be delivered.
Thanks for the write up!.

one question….why don’t Ford mudflaps rear fit Badlands?

ToddPhil

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I am at a loss as to how you got the roof rails and crossbars. PLEASE tell me because I couldn't order them and now no one has them to order aftermarket.

Love the rig, just picked mine up yesterday and am trying to figure it all out. You might recognize this, minus the roof rails....

IMG_20211218_091739_01.jpg