Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! Looks good. Glad to see another Northern IL bronco out there.

You know of any good day trip areas to go with the bronco off road a few hours or less from you?
Badlands off road park is the closest if you just want to go play around.

https://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

Outside of that I'm still trying to find places.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BarrockOBronco
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome build! How is the tailgate table? Do you notice any noises/rattling? Was looking at getting one of these for mine but wasn't sure if it would rattle.
No rattling and/or noises to report thus far.

OP
OP
BarrockOBronco
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks fantastic! It’s a similar build to what I am planning to do as well. Also have a A51 badlands manual on order (build date 1/10 🤞🏼). If I missed it in your write up I apologise, but did you do anything to the suspension to fit the 35’s? Any rubbing?
Have not tested it off road yet, but from what I gathered from others there should be no issues. Crash bars need to be removed, no suspension mods and no rubbing on the street.

OP
OP
BarrockOBronco
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The N-fab steps look great. Do you feel any bending or give when you step on them?
No bending or give, they feel solid. A friend has had them on his 4runner for a few years and they do get worn after time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BarrockOBronco
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice writeup and truck. Two comments. First - the photo of your jeep at Imogene Pass sent me looking. Watched a video of someone making the climb in a Jeep. Absolutely no way in hell would I drive up there. Cannot do heights anymore. Second - if your Bronco is the same as my two cars, the gas door locks when car doors are locked. If that's true in your case, and by the look of the pin, it is, then........

Enjoy your Bronco.
Gas door does not lock on the Bronco when you lock the doors.

OP
OP
BarrockOBronco
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1639889844103.png

This mod alone you are living in 2035!! Then add the painted car topper... do you even need a phone in the year you live in?

Seriously though, great job on the build and write up. The detailed photos were great. - I also wondered about the keypad as to whether you relocated or got it aftermarket.
Asked the dealer to install it in that location.

OP
OP
BarrockOBronco
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The N-fab steps look great. Do you feel any bending or give when you step on
Nice bro. Looks great. May I ask: you getting any rubbing with those 35s at 0 offset?

Thanks!
Have not tested it off road yet, but from what I gathered from others there should be no issues. Crash bars need to be removed, no suspension mods and no rubbing on the street.

OP
OP
BarrockOBronco
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sharing others' opinions here as well, came. to say very nice build so far across wheel choice and the custom carrier top! Also interested in your review of the n-fab steps. I was hoping to get steps that would mount to my current rock rails (only Archetype Stirrups, and they are $$), but going this route may be the best option.
N-fabs were the best option for me right now. No bend and feel solid. A buddy with 4runner has had them for a few years now and they do wear visually over time.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice, wish I knew that fits on top. Have a rubber mat I cut to size, but might be adding that in the future now.
FYI, It is a little longer than the box, so it extends over the back of the box near the seats. That’s why you cannot see the tie down hook near the seats. I’m going to cut slots and pull the rings through there as well.

Sponsored

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello all Bronco6g members!

First post on here to hopefully give some insight, ideas, and info.

Have been on here religiously since reserving early, appreciate all the info shared on here, and this forum helped me keep my sanity (and lose it at times haha) throughout the whole process.

This post will include:

-What I am coming from (cough Jeep)
-Bronco Order Specs and thought process
-Pre-Delivery
-Dealer, Wait, Delivery
-Modifications done out the gate
-Initial impressions, opinions, and review post maiden voyage.
-Future modifications.
Sweet build and great writeup! Thanks much for taking the time. Absolutely love your rig. You've started to make me regret picking Cactus Gray over A51, though since I'm still waiting on mine I'll reserve final judgment for when I see it in person. 😉

I like the idea of the keypad inside the gas filler door. I didn't order it because I didn't like the aesthetics of it being on the door, but I think I may do this. Is it a pretty easy DIY? Did you just order the keypad from the dealer?

I'm in Chicagoland too so I'll be on the lookout for you and will give you a "Bronco wave."

EDIT: Disregard the keypad question. Just read the thread and it looks like everyone else had the same question. :LOL:

Last edited:

bdubsbronco

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love your build. Question, how hard is it to remove the top since you have the roof bars? Thanks. Been trying to find an answer to that online but simply cannot.

OP
OP
BarrockOBronco
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love your build. Question, how hard is it to remove the top since you have the roof bars? Thanks. Been trying to find an answer to that online but simply cannot.
I have been looking for the same answer haha. The driver and front passenger panels come off and slide under the rails. As far as the rest, the roof rack needs to be removed from my knowledge. I have not played around with it yet, originally was going to wait till spring to. But my curiosity won't allow me to make it till then and I will get back to you once I have a chance to play around with it. Messaged my dealer as well.

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SICK!!!! Your rig is as close to my build (in my mind) so far! Bronze wheels on A51 is fire! That roof cargo carrier is another level. Can't wait to see future updates, count me as jealous... Keep on posting!
Sponsored