Sponsored

A Bronco Sport is a Bronco (...to the average buyer)

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tweet from Jim Farley (Ford CEO):

Seems like many will walk in into a dealer wanting a Bronco and drive out with a Bronco Sport. It may be a much better fit for a lot of people, who just want to feel more comfortable in their vehicle the 10 days a year when the snow is bad and want to have a vehicle that can get then to the trail head to bike (but not actually do the trail WITH their vehicle) or maybe the lake to kayak.

I know we are all enthusiasts here for the BRONCO and think of the Bronco Sport as a completely different vehicle, but does the average buyer think of it that way? Realistically, how big of a hit will the Bronco Sport be? Will it actually be more popular than the Bronco, long term?

Ford Bronco A Bronco Sport is a Bronco (...to the average buyer) Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 8.36.52 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL! They just stopped them to take pictures of Cactus Gray and A51.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is part of the Bronco Family. However, it is not a "Bronco". Nice try.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My take is they are bronco sports.

Like a range rover defender vs discovery. For a first year of a new model I am watching as a possible replacement for out escape around 2027. If there is a sporthog in the future or badlands gets some upgrades I think it will be an awesome pair with the Bronco BL we have on reserve.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'll be a little confusing, but it seems Bronco is heading for Brand status, so the Sport will just be a model under the Bronco Brand...like a Jeep Compass. No one thinks Jeep Compass when they hear "jeep"; just like I don't think anyone is going to think Bronco Sport when they hear "Bronco".

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
It'll be a little confusing, but it seems Bronco is heading for Brand status, so the Sport will just be a model under the Bronco Brand...like a Jeep Compass. No one thinks Jeep Compass when they hear "jeep"; just like I don't think anyone is going to think Bronco Sport when they hear "Bronco".
I feel like, at least now, they do.
I really think people see the Bronco Sport on the street and think it is THE BRONCO.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's it matter anyway? Ford needs the volume sellers to float the builds like the Bronco. If it wasn't for the volume sellers, this forum wouldn't exist cause the 6G Bronco wouldn't.

Bronco is becoming a Brand, you cant have a Brand with one vehicle under the umbrella.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s a Jeep Renegade.
Jeep Wrangler (and its predecessors) have been around forever, and they have looked the same. The Renegade does not look like what we think a "Jeep" should look like.

The Bronco has not been around forever and looked the same. The 80s Bronco does not look like the 60s Bronco.

The fact that the Bronco Sport looks like a Land Rover Defender, might have actually confused people into thinking that is actually the new Bronco.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Realistically, how big of a hit will the Bronco Sport be? Will it actually be more popular than the Bronco, long term?
Had they made it a bit larger and more on par with the Explorer then I would say yes, however, many will find it a bit to small for their daily family needs.

It’s a Jeep Renegade.
I always see people comparing it to the Renegade, read a garbage article at Motor Biscuit over the weekend still trying to to the same. I think it is more of a competitor with the Cherokee if you look at starting price, appointments, and capabilities.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My friends call me every time they see a sport at a dealership.

Them: (Insert dealership) has the new bronco.
Me: No, they don’t.
Them: Yes, they do I just saw it.
Me: That’s a bronco sport.
Them: Isn’t that what you wanted??
Me: (Eye roll) No, there’s another one that’s just a bronco. Looks like the old ones, two doors.
Long pause...
Them: They don’t have one like that!
Me: (double eye roll)

...thanks for calling.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seems to be Fords new plan. Use their stronger names to sell average vehicles.

Calling the revival of the old Escape a Bronco Sport and an electric crossover a Mustang ? is how they are gonna sell these things.

Many people don't see past the name. There's ? people out there who legitimately think the Mach E is a Mustang. It's absolutely going to help sales.

The F series is a whole lineup and sells great. Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset if Ford dropped the Ranger name and called it an F100. Then bring Ranger back as a trim level like it used to be.

These people can drive their Mach E or Sport and brag to others about their Mustang or Bronco and the average consumer won't know the difference. We will, though and we can laugh at them.

People have been upbadging forever, the manufacturer is just doing it for them now. Don't get me wrong, I actually think both are good vehicles. They just have the wrong names.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s pretty exclusionist coming from someone who already owns a Bronco Sport.

Ford Bronco A Bronco Sport is a Bronco (...to the average buyer) F0FB3926-6F0C-4194-B082-AF9739E5F565
You knida don't know trim levels on Classic Broncos either.
Sponsored