Sponsored

A Bronco Sport is a Bronco (...to the average buyer)

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Sport is as much a Bronco as the Bronco II.
Brands evolve. If they are making the "Bronco" their outdoor brand and the escape/edge their mall shoppers. I am cool with that.

As it is, the Bronco Sport looks good enough that my Wife compares it the Range Rover, and so thinks the price is a steal. As soon as they come out with a Partial EV version (she loves her Energi), I have no doubt I can get her into one.

Score One for Ford.
I think the sport is a fine looking SUV but it’s far from a head turner.. right now it’s carrying the cool new name “bronco” but two years from now it most likely
Will just be another SUV on the road...
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, only in the US was it was sold as the Porsche 914, in its home and Europe as the VW-Porsche 914. They used it to increase their market using the cachet of the Porsche name and you see what it got them.
Porsche was owned by VW of America at that time. I don't know about now....of course folks made fun of the 924 and 928 as well....but they were great cars.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So when your friends take a moment of their day to share something with you your response is to treat them like shit rather then explain the difference.

Good friend.
Wow - okay. Most aren’t car people and don’t care to know the difference. The others are my EB friends and they know the difference. All my friends are sarcastic and snotty just like me, hence the long friendship.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco II was more of a Bronco then the 1978-1996 FS Broncos by far. Same dimensionally, power, and off road ability.
You made my point.
The Bronco II (Two, Too... Also,.. See what they did there?) is as much a Bronco as any other iteration.
Now just coming in 2 flavors, Integrated Top (a la BroncoII) and Removable Top (OB)

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You made my point.
The Bronco II (Two, Too... Also,.. See what they did there?) is as much a Bronco as any other iteration.
Now just coming in 2 flavors, Integrated Top (a la BroncoII) and Removable Top (OB)
Unibody, transverse engine, no low range...uh no

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More than "2 flavors"...One is a "Bronco", and the other is not. At all. It's a "Bronco Sport".

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Porsche was owned by VW of America at that time. I don't know about now....of course folks made fun of the 924 and 928 as well....but they were great cars.
Lots of friction in that relationship!

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
More than "2 flavors"...One is a "Bronco", and the other is not. At all. It's a "Bronco Sport".
Just double checking that my Bronco Base with only 30s, and only a few GOAT modes and a grey MIC top is still a Bronco according to your accreditation.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unibody, transverse engine, no low range...uh no
But 4 Door, Leather heated seats, and 12 inch Infotainment Screen fancy pants luxuries are just fine. Got it. Just trying to follow along here.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You made my point.
Kind of like a mustang ll.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just double checking that my Bronco Base with only 30s, and only a few GOAT modes and a grey MIC top is still a Bronco according to your accreditation.
It may be mistaken for a USPS vehicle.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tweet from Jim Farley (Ford CEO):

Seems like many will walk in into a dealer wanting a Bronco and drive out with a Bronco Sport. It may be a much better fit for a lot of people, who just want to feel more comfortable in their vehicle the 10 days a year when the snow is bad and want to have a vehicle that can get then to the trail head to bike (but not actually do the trail WITH their vehicle) or maybe the lake to kayak.

I know we are all enthusiasts here for the BRONCO and think of the Bronco Sport as a completely different vehicle, but does the average buyer think of it that way? Realistically, how big of a hit will the Bronco Sport be? Will it actually be more popular than the Bronco, long term?

Ford Bronco A Bronco Sport is a Bronco (...to the average buyer) 07377ae8f0a52ef1bc3419eab157d2fa
I'd MAYBE get a bronco sport If the doors and roof came off. And If it was like 4500 off msrp. And they gave me a free gift card to jersey mike's.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For the price of a Bronco Sport I would rather just get a Grand Cherokee... but at least they're not insanely overpriced like the 4Runners
Sponsored