Sponsored

No or low air flow out of vents (even on high)

Edwardsplus3

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Tundra, VW, Harley-Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2023 Badlands. So I can barley feel the air come out of the vents even on high. Switching between defrost and the floor you can hear blend doors move and it switches. But when it is on the vents on high it sounds like it is clogged.
The dealership did not believe that something was wrong till we looked at a bronco on the lot that worked fine. They took apart the fan and had to email Ford to get guidance. Now they want to take the whole dash apart and I am not happy. I feel like they don’t have a clear direction. They also had two more broncos on the lot with the same issue.
Anyone have the same issue or more guidance. I don’t want them to take apert more than they have to.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like something is blocked in either intake or exit side of fan. Assuming fan works and the speed control. On GM products the various speeds are obtained by resistors built into the relay at the fan.

My first thought, since dealer has multiple units with same issue is that for security against dust dirt bugs varmints getting into the fan or ductwork pre build there may be tape paper cardboard etc blockingbthe inlet side of fan or ducts. Whatever shifts built these gorgon to remove said obstruction prior to parts installation.

So yes unfortunately they may have to dismantle the entire dash to find the obstruction

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same issue on my new 2023 Wildtrak. I made Ford aware of this (via this forum) and waiting for their response. This appears to be a broad problem, as there are other threads indicating the same issue.

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2023 Badlands. So I can barley feel the air come out of the vents even on high. Switching between defrost and the floor you can hear blend doors move and it switches. But when it is on the vents on high it sounds like it is clogged.
The dealership did not believe that something was wrong till we looked at a bronco on the lot that worked fine. They took apart the fan and had to email Ford to get guidance. Now they want to take the whole dash apart and I am not happy. I feel like they don’t have a clear direction. They also had two more broncos on the lot with the same issue.
Anyone have the same issue or more guidance. I don’t want them to take apert more than they have to.

Mine has been in the shop for the past 2 weeks for this. Ford has sent them the incorrect air distribution box twice now and they're still struggling to get the correct parts.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has opened a case number for me and awaiting to hear back from them. I do not have it at the shop yet. Assuming they are reading/hearing the other cases that are similar.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Edwardsplus3

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue on my new 2023 Wildtrak. I made Ford aware of this (via this forum) and waiting for their response. This appears to be a broad problem, as there are other threads indicating the same issue.
What are the other threads titled? I couldn’t find them.
Mine has been in the shop for the past 2 weeks for this. Ford has sent them the incorrect air distribution box twice now and they're still struggling to get the correct parts.
After talking to dealership today that sounds like what they want to take out next. Did they say what was wrong with the one that came in your Bronco originally?

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After talking to dealership today that sounds like what they want to take out next. Did they say what was wrong with the one that came in your Bronco originally?
Honestly I didn't ask. From how it was acting it just seemed to me that the blend door in the box wasn't switching fully open to the dash vents.

I do know that before they pulled mine apart they had tried resetting and reprogramming modules to get it to function correctly. So they've already tested things on the software side of things before ripping it apart to replace the mechanical.

The first box they were sent didn't fit. They called ford and confirmed it was (supposedly) the correct unit. They then said okay it must be warped because it's not even close to fitting. Ford sent ANOTHER box that was the same and also doesn't fit. At this point they're certain they're not even receiving the correct box for my bronco (I do have the dual climate which I assume you also have in your badlands)

Ironically I have to go by in the morning to get my Jeep serviced. I'll talk to them more and get a current update.. The Jeep and Ford dealerships sit side by side in the same lot ran by the same people.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am now reluctant to bring mine in if they are this confused. I hope they figure it out quickly, and correctly.

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am now reluctant to bring mine in if they are this confused. I hope they figure it out quickly, and correctly.
They've escalated the situation and opened up a case with Ford over it. They have been assured the correct part is finally incoming. (We'll see) I will update when I hear more. The air distribution box is what they are replacing in mine. They've just been sent the wrong one twice. Hopefully They've fixed their system now lol

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They've escalated the situation and opened up a case with Ford over it. They have been assured the correct part is finally incoming. (We'll see) I will update when I hear more. The air distribution box is what they are replacing in mine. They've just been sent the wrong one twice. Hopefully They've fixed their system now lol
I hope all works out…let me know. I have a case with Ford and they called me yesterday re: this issue, but I won’t be going to the dealer for a few weeks.

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the weather warming up a bit, I tried again to have the AC blow out the dash vents only. Very little air comes out and it sounds restricted. I can make it work on defrosters and footwell, but not the dash vents. The distribution box must be bad. Will be chatting with the dealer this week. Amazed a brand new car (600 miles, 3 weeks old) has this problem.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Contacting engineering is very normal and happens all the time. The technician does not have all the answers. Engineering can look at similar cases and advise on the appropriate repair. It helps the technician no chase any dead ends and actually make progress on the repair.

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my 2023 Badlands is the shop for the same thing and the dash is getting torn apart as I post this reply

OP
OP

Edwardsplus3

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will you let me know if it gets fixed and what exactly went wrong? Please

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the weather warming up a bit, I tried again to have the AC blow out the dash vents only. Very little air comes out and it sounds restricted. I can make it work on defrosters and footwell, but not the dash vents. The distribution box must be bad. Will be chatting with the dealer this week. Amazed a brand new car (600 miles, 3 weeks old) has this problem.
Wait your floor heat works fine?

Can you set it to floor only and get lots of output from the floor and none from the defrost?

My dash vents work fine, but if I do floor only it's 10% floor 90% defrost.
Sponsored