Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can confirm, he is correct. It's what we want. I had high expectations, and personally, when I finally... well... I'll just say it exceeded my expectations.
I will say this because I've seen a few members post their thoughts on it.. but... if Ford can NOT make a model of the Bronco "affordable" as in as close to a $30k start price, then my expectations as well as some others I'm sure... will not have been exceeded. If I want to pay $40k (which I don't) on something, I might as well just get a pick-up. And that is one area, that Jeep will win this battle. Which is NOT something I want to see!
Sponsored

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm biting my tongue from further comments on the price after this because I'm all about value and all indications are that the Broncos feature set will be a great value.

BUT I will say you generally want to get customers young so they become customers for life and most young people wont buy a $40k bronco over a 30k wrangler sport, then they'll be jeep people. I don't see many choosing the bronco sport over a wrangler sport and graduating to a bronco later

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm biting my tongue from further comments on the price after this because I'm all about value and all indications are that the Broncos feature set will be a great value.

BUT I will say you generally want to get customers young so they become customers for life and most young people wont buy a $40k bronco over a 30k wrangler sport, then they'll be jeep people. I don't see many choosing the bronco sport over a wrangler sport and graduating to a bronco later
Don't even get me started on the Bronco Sport.. I personally don't see the need for it. I see a Bronco doing well, and maybe even the Bronco truck (thinking back to the EB Half Cabs or whatever they called them). The Sport though... seems like you can just buy a Flex (for that sorta look) or an Escape for the smaller size. Just my thoughts though.

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't even get me started on the Bronco Sport.. I personally don't see the need for it. I see a Bronco doing well, and maybe even the Bronco truck (thinking back to the EB Half Cabs or whatever they called them). The Sport though... seems like you can just buy a Flex (for that sorta look) or an Escape for the smaller size. Just my thoughts though.
I think its a package that will sell like crazy but it obviously has an extremely different vibe from that of the Bronco. I don't think there's going to be much overlap between the two broncos customer bases.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Given the dime some folks are dropping on loaded Wranglers (in some cases near 50K), a person over at JL Forum made a survey, asking about age of buyers. Based on the survey results, it's older (probably more wealthy) people who are buying the more loaded upscale Wrangler models. People 50 and over were tops in terms of buyers.

I'm sure Ford wants a piece of that action. But I hope Ford is able to de-option a lower cost model for people who have less funds, or like me are simply not big spenders on vehicles.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

A vehicle designed to last 20+ years is significantly more affordable than one designed to last 10 even if it costs 20% more.

IIRC someone on here or maybe another forum said that Ford now designs engines/transmissions to last at least 200k miles vs the 150k they were previously. Maintained well I’m sure they’ll hit 300k easily.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from this picture, what we can see is 16 tire widths (including the spare) . if we are assuming 255's on this version with the desert duelers, they are 10" wide. so 160" plus the front bumper. approximately 14 feet long.

2-Door-2021-Bronco-Spied-8_ altered.jpg
I feel like I'm in math class using manipulatives with this illustration.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A vehicle designed to last 20+ years is significantly more affordable than one designed to last 10 even if it costs 20% more.

IIRC someone on here or maybe another forum said that Ford now designs engines/transmissions to last at least 200k miles vs the 150k they were previously. Maintained well I’m sure they’ll hit 300k easily.
Well, I've surpassed the 150k mark on my F150 and I'm hoping it keeps going until I get to buy a new vehicle (which I hope is a Bronco). I'll give you a report when that day comes.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, if the base model is over $35k, I'll have to reevaluate whether I'm in the market for one of these. I had assumed I would go for a mid-range model but certainly not for $40-45k or whatever it may be. Seems to me Ford would be doing themselves a great favor by trying to undercut Jeep, which I think are already overpriced for what they are.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, if the base model is over $35k, I'll have to reevaluate whether I'm in the market for one of these. I had assumed I would go for a mid-range model but certainly not for $40-45k or whatever it may be. Seems to me Ford would be doing themselves a great favor by trying to undercut Jeep, which I think are already overpriced for what they are.
Undercutting is not and has not been Ford’s MO for a long time. If you compare a Ram vs an F-150 the F-150 is always at least a few grand more. Same with escape vs Cherokee, explorer vs Durango or Acadia etc. But fords in my experience are quite reliable. At least the body on frame ones are.

I personally believe that a $40k bronco will likely be much better than a $40k Jeep and from my understanding upgrading certain things will likely be cheaper. Hell even just having the larger tires from the factory will save you some cash and hassle.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Given the dime some folks are dropping on loaded Wranglers (in some cases near 50K), a person over at JL Forum made a survey, asking about age of buyers. Based on the survey results, it's older (probably more wealthy) people who are buying the more loaded upscale Wrangler models. People 50 and over were tops in terms of buyers.

I'm sure Ford wants a piece of that action. But I hope Ford is able to de-option a lower cost model for people who have less funds, or like me are simply not big spenders on vehicles.
Spot on with the 50/50 club. I dropped over $50k on my loaded Rubicon and I'm over 50. But all kidding aside, I believe Ford need to follow suit with Jeep. Three different models starting at $30k and pushing over $50k for a loaded up one. No need to reinvent the wheel, IMO. The Bronco buyer should be able to afford a base model, but also be able to load the crap out of one with options if they choose.

Lord-Maniac

Black Diamond
First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right is there not a sport already...escape... like half the line
up

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Undercutting is not and has not been Ford’s MO for a long time. If you compare a Ram vs an F-150 the F-150 is always at least a few grand more. Same with escape vs Cherokee, explorer vs Durango or Acadia etc. But fords in my experience are quite reliable. At least the body on frame ones are.

I personally believe that a $40k bronco will likely be much better than a $40k Jeep and from my understanding upgrading certain things will likely be cheaper. Hell even just having the larger tires from the factory will save you some cash and hassle.
i fail to see where you are seeing that the F-150 is more than a similar Ram. (Sure GC and Durango because it’s an ancient platform). but usually fords are more because they have a better engine. People comparing say The 3.5 Ecoboost to the 5.7 Ram duh. But comparing the 2.7 to the 5.7 is a more logical comparison. I’ve never seen any ford with similar options for anything more than $3k

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The difference is the Bronco (6G, that is) is a new product and unproven in the hands of the consumer. The Jeep is quite the opposite. If determined to be as capable (if not moreso) as any Jeep but more reliable and at a cheaper price, that's quite a no-brainer from a consumer standpoint.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.