Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So looking at the expected price, an XLT 4-door after options may well come in at about the same price as a 4WD F-150 crew cab 302A w FX4 package. Doesn’t make my decision any easier...
Sponsored

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an insane vehicle.

The hype is real friends. All the nitpicking is going to go away when it’s shown. Other than people who want some lame little wrangler sport competitor. That shit isn’t happening.
I’m praying you’re right. I’m all in if that’s the case!

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ithe old bronco was a brute force solution to life's problems. big rock? power over it. Big creek? Power through it, big muddy hill, V8 power that SOB.
Doesn't the smallest new engine (the 2.3) have more power and torque than the old v8?

This is probably sacrilegious to many of you but at what point is it overpowered?

I'll probably check the box for the 2.7 but I don't need it and if they don't offer it I wont be disappointed. My current daily driver wghs 3000lbs and has 145ft-lbs of torque at sea level with no turbo. I can still do 85 up a 6% grade at 8500'. Sure I'm winding out 4th gear and it won't hold 5th but the fact remains that it goes fast enough to get pulled over for speeding.

The 2.3 with decent gearing will probably be able to pull a 3000lb trailer up the same pass faster than safety would dictate. Without a trailer the 2.3 seems more than adequate.

I think most people don't even use half the capacity of the engine since they don't like the sounds it makes at 3000 rpm or worried that they will somehow damage the engine at over 3000 rpm.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is an insane vehicle.

The hype is real friends. All the nitpicking is going to go away when it’s shown. Other than people who want some lame little wrangler sport competitor. That shit isn’t happening.
Can confirm, he is correct. It's what we want. I had high expectations, and personally, when I finally... well... I'll just say it exceeded my expectations.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can confirm, he is correct. It's what we want. I had high expectations, and personally, when I finally... well... I'll just say it exceeded my expectations.
Some one said in an interview on one of the videos something like...…………..

"I am an enthusiast and I can tell you most people have no idea what they are getting in the Bronco"

It will be an awesome day when we finally get the details !!

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First time I read about a motorized soft top ! Hardtop, motorized soft combo ?... Check the box for that ! Naw, too much to ask for!
Wrangler has a motorized soft top. It's $3,995 option.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some one said in an interview on one of the videos something like...…………..

"I am an enthusiast and I can tell you most people have no idea what they are getting in the Bronco"

It will be an awesome day when we finally get the details !!
The dudes on the bronco nation Instagram live intimated the same thing

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wrangler has a motorized soft top. It's $3,995 option.
What if the windows roll up to meet the roll bar, and the hardtop attaches to the roll bar, and the optional power soft top is part of the roll bar. Get the hard top, take it off and go topless, drive it into a storm and remain dry.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dudes on the bronco nation Instagram live intimated the same thing
Yeah that guy who builds first gen Broncos for a living sure seems excited... interesting....

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What if the windows roll up to meet the roll bar, and the hardtop attaches to the roll bar, and the optional power soft top is part of the roll bar. Get the hard top, take it off and go topless, drive it into a storm and remain dry.
Yeah that possibility was my take away of this picture. If the side glass is frameless what is that seal looking deal its going into attached to?
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... 2dr bronco topless

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First time I read about a motorized soft top ! Hardtop, motorized soft combo ?... Check the box for that ! Naw, too much to ask for!
Ford will have to dig in the archives for the motorized Hardtop.
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... images (25)

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that possibility was my take away of this picture. If the side glass is frameless what is that seal looking deal its going into attached to?
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... stain3
The 'T-top' for lack of a better term will have an edge with a rubber seal on it. the question is if the glass just sits flat against it (unlikely) or if the glass auto rolls down a 1/4" when you pull the handle like on the 2002-2005 t-birds, and many other convertibles, and the glass goes into a seal.

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't the smallest new engine (the 2.3) have more power and torque than the old v8?

This is probably sacrilegious to many of you but at what point is it overpowered?

I'll probably check the box for the 2.7 but I don't need it and if they don't offer it I wont be disappointed. My current daily driver wghs 3000lbs and has 145ft-lbs of torque at sea level with no turbo. I can still do 85 up a 6% grade at 8500'. Sure I'm winding out 4th gear and it won't hold 5th but the fact remains that it goes fast enough to get pulled over for speeding.

The 2.3 with decent gearing will probably be able to pull a 3000lb trailer up the same pass faster than safety would dictate. Without a trailer the 2.3 seems more than adequate.

I think most people don't even use half the capacity of the engine since they don't like the sounds it makes at 3000 rpm or worried that they will somehow damage the engine at over 3000
I agree, my old '73 had a 302, rated at 200 hp (maybe 150 in modern terms), and it could tow 4 to 5000 pounds with alacrity at sea level. The new turbo 4 at our at our current altitude (9100') should be very good. 2.7 330hp even better.

The 3.5 EB 365hp in our 6600 pound supercrew is a monster at altitude....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.