First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Not quite apples to apples with the Bronco but it's a BOF off-road vehicle, so many people might be cross shopping them, especially given the price. It's clear in the breakdown that the design is very outdated compared to the Bronco; but for some, that's a plus.
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would totally cross shop the 4runner.
35's and two lockers beats it, but if it was for less off road and more daly driver idk.

OP
OP
RedRiverRev

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here you went and messed it up, I thought this was about the 2023 4Runner redesign.
If this design keeps selling so well, this could be a preview of the 2023 MY. :LOL:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If this design keeps selling so well, this could be a preview of the 2023 MY. :LOL:
Nope, all new platform.

I'm only 30 minutes from Toyota headquarters, think they will let me in for a look?

It will be interesting to see how the Bronco affects the 2023 4Runner that will be based on an all new Tundra platform.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedRiverRev

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope, all new platform.

I'm only 30 minutes from Toyota headquarters, think they will let me in for a look?
Need to just hang out on the DNT for some prototype testing.

OP
OP
RedRiverRev

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/03/toyota-4runner-suspension-flex-test/

There was plenty of clearance when I nosed up to the ramp, but I knew that beforehand. That’s because this is a 20-degree ramp, and my Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road 4x4 has a full 33 degrees of approach clearance. But it's even better than that as far as ramp clearance is concerned.

The approach angle is typically measured under the chin of the front bumper or the leading edge of the skidplate — whatever is lowest. Sometimes a low-hanging tow hook will define the number. But the zone that arguably matters more is this area directly in front of the tires because off-road drivers tackle most obstacles by putting a wheel on a convenient ledge or rock instead of straddling it. The front fascia of the 4Runner (and the Tacoma) is cut up and back at the corners so there is extra approach clearance in this critical area.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No spank you too many of these things littering Hawaii already. They are beyond dull and the generation before them is already rusting out here. Also the most abusive driver I know managed to kill a taco last year after owning it for 6 months. Motor overheated and cooked the heads. So i towed him in my 29 yo 4.0 comanche with almost 200,000 pedal to the metal 75% of the time miles on it.
Sponsored