Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a fifth grade teacher I spend plenty of time talking to 11 year olds about fairness, kindness, right, and wrong.

Like many of you, over a year ago I reserved a Bronco. I had never heard of allocations, ADM, or @mrlevine. I thought I’d place my $100 deposit, get in line, and wait my turn. After all, that’s what I teach my students. “Wait your turn, and you will get your fair share.”

I have purchased enough cars in my 53 years to know I don’t like the process, but this seemed different. We were told it was different. I was ignorant, and I believed them.

As a teacher in a very high poverty district, I don’t have money to waste, so I chose a discount price from a small town dealer in a neighboring state. I got burned by that. @Ford

I drive a 2005 F150 with 230,000 miles on it, so I can’t wait 6 years for my Bronco, so I believed @mrlevine when he said I could change my dealer. I started that process over 8 weeks ago, and I’m still waiting. I’m convinced I believed the wrong people - again.

Now I find myself thinking of ways to game the system or cut the line, because doing the things I ask my students to do has gotten me nothing but grief, frustration, and embarrassment.

I know some of you will laugh at me or blame me for being so gullible, and maybe you’re correct. This has certainly been a learning experience. I just wanted the truck I had dreamed about for 30 years. I did not expect lessons in patience, disappointment, and corporate misinformation.

Good luck to everyone in line in front of me and behind me. I suspect my students will be driving before I get a Bronco. Maybe I can get a ride from one of them to the dealer for the actual delivery. 🤔
When reality makes your soul die a little inside. ;-(
Sponsored

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford created this entire clusterfuck by having a "reservation" system that made people think that the consumer owned the reservation. You put the $100 down and created the build.

The reality is that the dealer holds the reservation and can screw you at every opportunity. The irony is that without you, the dealer would have never had the car on its lot. "Thanks for all your hard work. Now here's your $10K ADM."

It's refreshing to see at least one profession that has a worse reputation than mine (lawyer).

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate your perspective. I don’t have a local dealer, so that wasn’t an option. I was trying to explain that I had no idea I was “rolling the dice”. I just thought I was getting in line. I admitted I was totally ignorant of the process. I had no idea how the game was played. Hell, I didn’t know it was a game. You knew more than me, and you won. I’m wiser for the experience.
That is so hard. I got taken about 21 years ago and approached this with a level of fear that I think is more common among us now. I was supposed to have a blue truck special ordered in 2000… and got screwed by Joe Meyers Ford.

I tried to minimize my risk but I won’t believe it until I see it. I hope things get better for you.

Bronco_Giddy_Up

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 coupe 3.0 hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As a fifth grade teacher I spend plenty of time talking to 11 year olds about fairness, kindness, right, and wrong.

Like many of you, over a year ago I reserved a Bronco. I had never heard of allocations, ADM, or @mrlevine. I thought I’d place my $100 deposit, get in line, and wait my turn. After all, that’s what I teach my students. “Wait your turn, and you will get your fair share.”

I have purchased enough cars in my 53 years to know I don’t like the process, but this seemed different. We were told it was different. I was ignorant, and I believed them.

As a teacher in a very high poverty district, I don’t have money to waste, so I chose a discount price from a small town dealer in a neighboring state. I got burned by that. @Ford

I drive a 2005 F150 with 230,000 miles on it, so I can’t wait 6 years for my Bronco, so I believed @mrlevine when he said I could change my dealer. I started that process over 8 weeks ago, and I’m still waiting. I’m convinced I believed the wrong people - again.

Now I find myself thinking of ways to game the system or cut the line, because doing the things I ask my students to do has gotten me nothing but grief, frustration, and embarrassment.

I know some of you will laugh at me or blame me for being so gullible, and maybe you’re correct. This has certainly been a learning experience. I just wanted the truck I had dreamed about for 30 years. I did not expect lessons in patience, disappointment, and corporate misinformation.

Good luck to everyone in line in front of me and behind me. I suspect my students will be driving before I get a Bronco. Maybe I can get a ride from one of them to the dealer for the actual delivery. 🤔
As they say here in the deeeeeep South! " Bless your acky breaky heart"

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Consider yourself fortunate to have such a reputable dealer. A lot of people don’t have that luxury.
The dealer model as we know it will look much different in 5 years thanks in part to Tesla and COVId 19. Companies like Carvana are thriving and the traditional dealerships are scrambling to adjust. Tesla was the only car company to increase sales in 2020 and 2021 during the worst pandemic and supply chain crisis of our lifetime.

None of the car companies took Tesla seriously when they entered they launched their Model S in 2012 and by 2025 will be selling between 5-10 million vehicles each year. It reminds me of how all the competitors laughed at the 1st iPhone in 2007. We all know how that worked out for Blackberry and Nokia. If companies like Ford, GM and the others don’t adapt I will be happy to see them suffer the same fate.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a very well written, articulate and passionate post.
I believe your sentiments reverberate with the vast majority of us waiting for our Broncos.
I will say this though, I fully expect the wait to be worth the effort.
I personally don't feel there is or was any desire to do wrong.
It is a reflection of the current times in the market across many different industries.
Thank you for your efforts in teaching the right way, and keep the faith.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Both were stated by Ford and Levine on launch. I did not save these posts, with a search I’m sure you could find media with these statements.

As for parts the launch was 6 to 8 months prior to the start of build. Even prior to the overwhelming reservation it’s not hard for any manufacturer to source 60k unit components with a half a year to prepare. Ford builds over 600k trucks a year yet they don’t have parts for 60k Broncos? Stop defending them!
Can you search and find those posts? Because I don't believe they exist. And once again, you are assuming a lot of things. Also can you supply the data that shows 600k trucks have been produced this year? I think a lot of people confuse truth with what has been posted on message boards. Not everything posted on a message board is truth. I like to see evidence. Because I can go back through every communication from ford and see exactly what the manufacturer has said.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“You paid a $100 for a place in line” - oh did we? Is that why 12/6/21 reservations have vins? Others in May, June, July, September, October and November of 2021? I’m sure there’s no one else in line with those parts 😉

“If someone had theirs before you than it is because their parts were available and they could do it.” - Yes that’s it, part constraints! That explains why people with later reservations have in demand, hard top build vins early reservation holders are still waiting for.

We weren’t lied to everyone we just misunderstood Ford! Our bad! Whew, thanks for clearing that up.

Can you supply evidence? not just a troll posting on a message board.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

November 5 BL 4dr hardtop 2.3L Sas
You can join the Civic forums with the guys that are all bailing in the name of instant satisfaction.
Disclaimer: this message is specific to the OP’s situation, emphasizing need to expedite order and maximize value. I’m not trying to tell thousands of you what to do and everyone’s situation is different.

The OP may just be letting out frustration and that’s okay to an extent, but I think it’s healthy to move on: accept current situation and decide what to do next given what you know is true, not what is fair or what you want it to be. For some that might mean waiting it out, hopefully in acceptance and not many months more of anger.

From the original post, it sounds like time and money are major factors. Aging truck and tight budget. Although I think the civic might be exactly what the OP needs, I’m going to assume that’s out of the question given they are on this forum wanting a sas’ed badlands.

We all know and have known for awhile the compromise needed to expedited delivery and it does not require getting a civic. Drop the MIC and place a new order at a larger dealer. Imo, the OP should order a soft top basesquatch somewhere else. Capable off road like the BL (just as fun) for many thousands less (teacher salary) and repeatedly being schedule for new orders (immediate need). Very few 4 door hard tops are currently being built and I’m not seeing new orders get these. I’m not seeing people jump the line in that regard. Before everyone else gets upset that I’m suggesting an order change, please re-read my disclaimer at the top 😊

Last edited:

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford created this entire clusterfuck by having a "reservation" system that made people think that the consumer owned the reservation. You put the $100 down and created the build.

The reality is that the dealer holds the reservation and can screw you at every opportunity. The irony is that without you, the dealer would have never had the car on its lot. "Thanks for all your hard work. Now here's your $10K ADM."

It's refreshing to see at least one profession that has a worse reputation than mine (lawyer).
@Ford Motor Company @mrlevine

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hate to say I totally disagree with this statement, look at Tesla cars, there was a two year waiting list for those, when I reserved my bronco it was just that, a reservation, not a promise, it said that on the reservation. I too have an 05 f150, I have 326,000 miles on it... I'm a state employee and not made of money, but I waited patiently, my local dealer called two days after getting my reservation and the day the 2022 banks opened I went and paid my deposit to order.
My local dealer has emailed me weekly, Ford has now given me a production date of 1/3/22, I was instructed by my dealer, if I wanted one in the next year, go base as possible. Which is what I did... My dealer has been great, there small and local, but specialize in ordering vehicles.
I'm sorry so many of you feel cheated or duped by Ford, but we were clearly told it was no promise of delivery to reserve one. It only costs $100 to reserve, if $100 makes or breaks us, then we probably shouldn't be buying a premium off road SUV that takes premium fuel and needs maintenance....

Ford promised the reservation holders would come before stock. Ford promised that reservation holders would be done in order based on timestamp.

Ford has not held up either one of those promises, they have flat out broken them, and replace those promises with dealer greed and allocations specifically designed to be biased towards larger dealers that want to charge over MSRP.

If you think Ford didn't lie to you... Then you are a Fool.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The OP may just be letting out frustration and that’s okay to an extent, but I think it’s healthy to move on: accept current situation and decide what to do next given what you know is true, not what is fair or what you want it to be. For some that might mean waiting it out, hopefully in acceptance and not many months more of anger.
This. The last 18+ months have been a shit show in many ways. Schools, pandemic measures, death, social congruence, supply chain, labor, political etc etc. As a business owner and an employer, there is so much that I have had to accept, not because it is fair, but because I have no choice. I have cut my losses on projects, shelved initiatives, delayed rollouts, fought through closures, literally remaking aspects of our business etc. It is not fun, but it has been necessary.

I really, really want to empathize with people who are stressed or emotional about the Bronco, but I cannot. Frankly, it was one of my least pressing issues over the last 18 months. It is just a vehicle.

In this environment, sometimes we have to accept A solution, not THE preferred solution. This has been my reality, and probably many of yours.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.