First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was not a post, it was in the Ford website for how the reservations worked when they started them up. While I am not versed in the way back finding of websites, I am sure someone is and will follow up. In the body of the texts and the FAQ, Ford very clearly stated that Reservations would be built in order received (aka timestamps), with limitations for minor logistics like shipping and parts availability. They further stated, unequivocally, that all reservations would be completed before dealer stock was made. Obviously people understood that was subject to the same minor logistics and parts availability for the one large line of reservationists. It was quite clear that they only way to get a Bronco in any sort of timely manner was to reserve as they would all be built before they were readily available at dealers lots. Either you reserve, or you wait. With this information people quite sensibly made reservations with dealers that gave them the best mix of convenience and price as, per Ford's explanation of the reservation program it did not matter where you ordered, you were in one big line (again, minor bumps in order aside)

A few months later, although Ford never let the reservation holders know, was just puzzled out from dealers and those in the know in this forum; Ford added allocations for the 2021, thus changing the rules unilaterally and without official notification to anyone but the dealers. Now you were no longer in a big line based on timestamp, but you were in one of 3200 or so lines at individual dealerships, your timestamp was only measured against those at that particular dealer. There was much grumbling, but because of the second core promise, that they would still finish yours before dealer stock, it was not too bad, all indications were that everyone would still get built before Summer 2022, even if some early reservations were filled after later ones depending on the dealer. In between these events, Ford started giving dealers VIP builds (about 3100 of them as I recall) to give to anyone who they liked, or would give them the most ADM, or for no reason at all. Then an undisclosed number of VIP builds to people that Ford likes better than you.

As to how Ford decided to allocate Bronco's in 2021....It was a secret formula that took (per dealers) the amount of reservations at each dealer into account as a factor. Seemed reasonable enough. Based on the totality of the information (primarily knowing that the particular dealer did not matter hugely as you were going to get a Bronco before they flooded the lots with them), people ordered with their preferred dealer. (and Ford touted that many times in their website, you go to choose your 'preferred dealer')

Roof delays, bad designs, shipping problems, all these things happen, people get it, they are frustrated but generally give Ford some slack.

Fast forward to Fall, 2021;

Time to reorder for 2022. The new allocation formula is unknown at this time, but how different can it be? The Ford reservation website has added (between last order time and this one) that your build time may be impacted by the number of trucks your dealer gets (allocations), but it still, big as life, says reservations will be built before dealer stock. Nobody here is stupid, they understand that some will be built as dealer stock, but they believe Ford and know that the only way to get Bronco is to keep that reservation. They reorder at their preferred dealer, just like last time.

After the order banks open, Ford changes to the new allocation system. It does NOT take into account the number of reservations at each dealer. Let that sink in... Ford does not consider the number of reservation holders at a dealer important enough to let it influence how many trucks that dealer gets.

People start to realized that some dealers will get all their reservations filled (larger dealers appear to have a significant edge) and then will be getting dealer stock filled, with all the tasty constrained items as time goes on, while the smaller dealers, Granger in particular, with something in excess of 1100 hard core Bronco fans who made the mistake of believing Ford's word, would have people waiting for four and five YEARS based on extrapolating the allocations given to date.

There is a huge uproar, Ford's response, through Levine is to tell people to give up the reservation and make a new order at a dealer who will get allocations or transfer the order to a dealer that will get allocations and he very snottily sneered via Twitter that Ford couldn't be expected to actually fulfill those promises to the reservation holders about timestamps because it wasn't fair to the dealers who sold more Ford's in the past (slightly paraphrased) First, the dealers won't tell you the allocations numbers, or how many folks are in time with what timestamp at that dealer, so you would have to jump in blind. Second, Ford has (near as we can tell from the threads here) not allowed any transfers of a converted reservation (an order), and giving up a reservation loses the price protections and any spot in line at a new dealer except at the end. Hardly what someone who has been in a line for over 500 days likes to contemplate.

Short verision;

So, Ford changes the rules after the reservation system generated 190K reservations (my, didn't they enjoy the free publicity though), then changed them again after ordering in March of last year (not so much the change was then, as the subtle legalese in the website), then after re-ordering time this Fall, changed the rules again, cutting out the converted reservation orders completely from their formula on where to send Bronco's. Mocking people for believing them in the first place, telling them to move orders (then not allowing them to do so), telling them to ditch the reservation and just reorder (again, most folks have been reserved and believed they were in a real line for 500 plus days). With the allocation formula as it stands now, some big dealers will have lots full of cars with MIC tops, lux packages, two door units, etc. by the end of the year while some people who reserved and followed the rules will, literally, wait four years to get serviced.

The above is why people are pissed, they don't like standing in line for 500 days and then having the line closed while Ford mocks them for being stupid enough to stand in it.

The Ford apologists never seem to get around to explaining why it is our fault for believing Ford instead of Ford's for changing the rules whenever it suits them (some call that lying and cheating).
Thank you for posting this.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it that a lot of folks here like your post, but I think you've stated a few accusations that seem to be internet hype and there is no evidence are accurate: as highlighted...

Just to be clear, you write "The new allocation formula is unknown at this time", then firmly postulate "orders at Grainer et.al. will not be delivered until 4 and 5 years out".

My dealer is microscopic compared to Grainger. I reserved in September 2020, ordered in March before the 19th deadline (which was extended IIRC), then reordered in November 2021. I now have a VIN and production week scheduling. I followed the rules just the same as everyone else. It seems that my unit is buildable at the time Ford has the parts available for the assembly line relative to my dealer's allotment of its total allocation and my timestamp therein. If my production gets delayed, then I'll deal with it. Shit happens. I've matured since the 5th Grade and have come to accept that life doesn't guarantee I get a present on my birthday.
Granger is getting like 20 Broncos a month and has 1000 orders still. There are day 1-3 orders sitting there in the top 200 that have never even previewed before. GTFO and give me a break about this ā€œconstraintā€ bullshit. šŸ˜‚

Ford has changed everything to dealer allocation, thatā€™s the ONLY thing that matters now. Your timestamp doesnā€™t mean shit if your dealer canā€™t get allocation. Thatā€™s how you get people ordering LAST WEEK with vin numbers. itā€™s hilarious and blows my mind that some of you truly still believe constraints is driving this. šŸ˜‚ Constraints only affects which models the dealers with the most allocation will get.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Disclaimer: this message is specific to the OPā€™s situation, emphasizing need to expedite order and maximize value. Iā€™m not trying to tell thousands of you what to do and everyoneā€™s situation is different.

The OP may just be letting out frustration and thatā€™s okay to an extent, but I think itā€™s healthy to move on: accept current situation and decide what to do next given what you know is true, not what is fair or what you want it to be. For some that might mean waiting it out, hopefully in acceptance and not many months more of anger.

From the original post, it sounds like time and money are major factors. Aging truck and tight budget. Although I think the civic might be exactly what the OP needs, Iā€™m going to assume thatā€™s out of the question given they are on this forum wanting a sasā€™ed badlands.

We all know and have known for awhile the compromise needed to expedited delivery and it does not require getting a civic. Drop the MIC and place a new order at a larger dealer. Imo, the OP should order a soft top basesquatch somewhere else. Capable off road like the BL (just as fun) for many thousands less (teacher salary) and repeatedly being schedule for new orders (immediate need). Very few 4 door hard tops are currently being built and Iā€™m not seeing new orders get these. Iā€™m not seeing people jump the line in that regard. Before everyone else gets upset that Iā€™m suggesting an order change, please re-read my disclaimer at the top šŸ˜Š
We need to post more solutions like this instead of dunking on OP. Everyone agrees that changing the rules of the game sucks. But if you really do need your Bronco ASAP you need to adapt to the new environment.

The good news is thereā€™s plenty of info on this forum to help you understand the current landscape, whether you think itā€™s a fair one or not. What I donā€™t understand is how someone in December 2021 who needs their Bronco ASAP would sit tight as the 300th Badlands w/ MIC at Granger.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We need to post more solutions like this instead of dunking on OP. Everyone agrees that changing the rules of the game sucks. But if you really do need your Bronco ASAP you need to adapt to the new environment.

The good news is thereā€™s plenty of info on this forum to help you understand the current landscape, whether you think itā€™s a fair one or not. What I donā€™t understand is how someone in December 2021 who needs their Bronco ASAP would sit tight as the 300th Badlands w/ MIC at Granger.
I need my Bronco asap for Winter, but I'm like 600th in line. I will adapt. I will buy something else, but it won't be a Bronco at a dealer that cried to Ford and gamed the system and it won't be another Ford until they make right on their promises they made.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Granger is getting like 20 Broncos a month and has 1000 orders still. There are day 1-3 orders sitting there in the top 200 that have never even previewed before. GTFO and give me a break about this ā€œconstraintā€ bullshit. šŸ˜‚

Ford has changed everything to dealer allocation, thatā€™s the ONLY thing that matters now. Your timestamp doesnā€™t mean shit if your dealer canā€™t get allocation. Thatā€™s how you get people ordering LAST WEEK with vin numbers. itā€™s hilarious and blows my mind that some of you truly still believe constraints is driving this. šŸ˜‚ Constraints only affects which models the dealers with the most allocation will get.
Ford changed to a dealer allocation methodology well before I reserved in September 2020. When I first met with my sales manager it was in December 2020 and he explained that the dealership's ESTIMATED MY '21 allocation number was based on reservations received up to September 19th, 2020; I reserved on Ford's website a week or so after Sept 19th.

At that time my dealer's reservations were under 30 with his allocation under 10. Over the summer months of 2021, constraints and MIC top issues re-racked all that. At one point I fell into his MY '21 allocation list (2nd from last) because three or so orders fell out and his true allocation, based on March 19th orders increased by a count of 2. Then MIC 1.0 happened, and everything reshuffled. So even under the original allocation scheme, my small dealer had about 1/3 of his reservations turn into allocation orders. At this point, I'm not sure much has really changed; my order is more buildable than other orders my dealer has, which has been the situation since the get-go.

Grainger can come out with a new thread in a month or two from now and state that they will get all of their orders delivered for MY '22. No one knows at this point. If that happens, will we all say Grainger lied? Nope. Shit changes.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford changed to a dealer allocation methodology well before I reserved in September 2020. When I first met with my sales manager it was in December 2020 and he explained that the dealership's ESTIMATED MY '21 allocation number was based on reservations received up to September 19th, 2020; I reserved on Ford's website a week or so after Sept 19th.

At that time my dealer's reservations were under 30 with his allocation under 10. Over the summer months of 2021, constraints and MIC top issues re-racked all that. At one point I fell into his MY '21 allocation list (2nd from last) because three or so orders fell out and his true allocation, based on March 19th orders increased by a count of 2. Then MIC 1.0 happened, and everything reshuffled. So even under the original allocation scheme, my small dealer had about 1/3 of his reservations turn into allocation orders. At this point, I'm not sure much has really changed; my order is more buildable than other orders my dealer has, which has been the situation since the get-go.

Grainger can come out with a new thread in a month or two from now and state that they will get all of their orders delivered for MY '22. No one knows at this point. If that happens, will we all say Grainger lied? Nope. Shit changes.
21ā€™ was based on reservations, 22ā€™ is based on FORD VEHICLE SALES and ALLOCATIONS. Youā€™re dense if youā€™re going to sit here and try and argue this bullshit with me, itā€™s best you just stop now before I have to belittle you with mountains of proof. It has NOTHING DO WITH CONSTRAINTS.

Why would anyone say Granger lied if they posted the current state and it changed? How idiotic of a statement is that. Granger has buildable vehicles, hundreds and hundreds of them, they canā€™t get them. Other dealers, other members with reservations in July (FIRST AND SECOND DAY!), August/September/October have 2 doors/4 doors they cannot get. Meanwhile people with NO RESERVATIONS getting vins in a matter of days and youā€™re going to sit here like a little weasel and tell me itā€™s because some fucking bullshit ass constraint issue? Youā€™re actually going to argue with people who have been waiting 480+ days for any information this is a fair and equitable process and itā€™s because constraints? LAUGH OUT FUCKING LOUD. I could go through that Granger list and find hundreds of orders right now that should have been scheduled based on timestamp and build in the last 7-8 months. The reality is if you want to be stupid and ignorant, by all means go ahead. But donā€™t come on here and try and tell me and anyone else who has watched this shit since last August on this has been a fair process.

QUIT BLAMING RESERVATION HOLDERS

šŸ¤”

ā€œItā€™s the reservation holders faultā€

ā€œYou should have knownā€

ā€œItā€™s because covid.ā€

ā€œItā€™s because constraintsā€

ā€œItā€™s Grangers fault.ā€

Ford Bronco A Confession: I was a fool 1639325494345

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
A few months later, although Ford never let the reservation holders know, was just puzzled out from dealers and those in the know in this forum; Ford added allocations for the 2021, thus changing the rules unilaterally and without official notification to anyone but the dealers. Now you were no longer in a big line based on timestamp, but you were in one of 3200 or so lines at individual dealerships, your timestamp was only measured against those at that particular dealer.
Has it been a mess ? Yes , but a year ago ( 5 months after the reveal ) Ford sent this email out linking Bronco deliveries to many issues including your dealer's allocation. Search your emails " SUV Update "

Update from Ford: reservation timestamp determines production priority & FordPass points loyalty gift | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

" Your reservation* timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. Other factors for final delivery timing include vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive. " 12-15-2020

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can you search and find those posts? Because I don't believe they exist. And once again, you are assuming a lot of things. Also can you supply the data that shows 600k trucks have been produced this year? I think a lot of people confuse truth with what has been posted on message boards. Not everything posted on a message board is truth. I like to see evidence. Because I can go back through every communication from ford and see exactly what the manufacturer has said.
Yes, we are confusing what Ford PUBLISHED ON THEIR WEBSITE with the truth, since Ford has a new version of the truth for every new date on the calendar.

Perhaps joining a forum late to the launch game and accusing forum members of lying, when you could have searched for yourself, is not the best approach to get answers.
Ford just updated the Bronco FAQ page (here) with some more info.

Reservation FAQs

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?

Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received using timestamp, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

broncoyanc

Wildtrak
First Name
clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f150 03 ranger edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What I really have a problem understanding is
I can go to my Ford dealer to order pretty much
any Ford vehicle, and they will give me an ETA of
(3) to {4} months.
Seems they have no problem acquiring parts for
all other builds, but can't tell us what quarter of the
year on a Bronco.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yup.. same boat. 509 days since I made my reservation ... still no idea when it'll be built
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.