jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bummer that you need to remove the bumper to put in the lights. That’s why I’m waiting to put mine on,… (I’m waiting for my cube lights to come).
Sponsored

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Figured I'd post here as well as my other post- ASFIR skid plate.

DOES fit just fine with the stubby, however there IS a 1.5" gap
Sidenote- it DOES fit with the factory plastic bumper tow loops as well, it's a very snug fit, but does work
Ford Bronco A couple of additions: FabFours stubby bumper and Warn EVO 10s winch PXL_20221017_205758975
Ford Bronco A couple of additions: FabFours stubby bumper and Warn EVO 10s winch PXL_20221017_205751705

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Figured I'd post here as well as my other post- ASFIR skid plate.

DOES fit just fine with the stubby, however there IS a 1.5" gap
Sidenote- it DOES fit with the factory plastic bumper tow loops as well, it's a very snug fit, but does work
PXL_20221017_205758975.jpg
PXL_20221017_205751705.jpg
That seems to make sense. The fab four skids comes up pretty high to meet the bumper.

B1C9230E-AEFF-48FE-BC3E-BFDF8FDBF3A8.jpeg

CAEAA03A-4B10-4B51-BEE9-B5F2ECF96CED.jpeg

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@zuke i did the jks max clearance kit too. Did you leave in the intercollegiate rubber mount spacers fabfours gave in their bumper install kit?
i thought i t looked like it gave too much space but now that I’ve removed them and cinched everything up, I’m thinking maybe I should’ve kept them on? I don’t want the intercooler rattling around.

Ford Bronco A couple of additions: FabFours stubby bumper and Warn EVO 10s winch 5AED1766-879A-407B-B187-B2100F44AC73

I put the JKS Kit on mine with the Fab Fours Stubby, and The Fab Fours Skid Plate... The main reason was my tires were rubbing the rear of the front inner fender, which it fixed, but it really cleans up everything in the front too..

Ford Bronco A couple of additions: FabFours stubby bumper and Warn EVO 10s winch 5AED1766-879A-407B-B187-B2100F44AC73

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@zuke i did the jks max clearance kit too. Did you leave in the intercollegiate rubber mount spacers fabfours gave in their bumper install kit?
i thought i t looked like it gave too much space but now that I’ve removed them and cinched everything up, I’m thinking maybe I should’ve kept them on? I don’t want the intercooler rattling around.

Yup, I left the rubber spacers from the bumper install on.

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, I left the rubber spacers from the bumper install on.
The stock rubber spacers I used. im wondering about the black metal (donut) spacers that were provided in the jks kit. They were provided assuming you were installing the stock skid plate back on. So I’m not sure they are needed when we do aftermarket. Seems like they would still be needed.. 🤷‍♂️

regardless, I left those metal spacers off. I’ll keep an ear out for intercooler jiggling noises. 😅

thx

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, Those, Yes, I used those as well..

Basically, I used everything that came with the bumper, Fab Fours Skid plate, and JKS kit that were called out for with the 2.3l and Factory BashPlates (Badlands) So if there wasn't a specific instruction saying not to use it in a specific situation, I used it...

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stock rubber spacers I used. im wondering about the black metal (donut) spacers that were provided in the jks kit. They were provided assuming you were installing the stock skid plate back on. So I’m not sure they are needed when we do aftermarket. Seems like they would still be needed.. 🤷‍♂️

regardless, I left those metal spacers off. I’ll keep an ear out for intercooler jiggling noises. 😅

thx
Wait, I'm rethinking that! You mean the metal spacers that went under the rubber spacer and into the two side brackets that are eliminated with the Fab Fours skid plate!

I don't think I did use those, but let me double check..

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, I'm rethinking that! You mean the metal spacers that went under the rubber spacer and into the two side brackets that are eliminated with the Fab Fours skid plate!

I don't think I did use those, but let me double check..
OK, I reviewed the instructions for the bumper, Skid Plate and JKS Kit, and say yes, You should install those spacers.. I also poked around under mine, and made sure I used them, and I did...

The Skid plate is designed to hold the intercooler at the same height as the factory setup, but the JKS kit raises the body a little, so you need the spacers to keep the intercooler tightly held.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
awesome. thanks for checking. i'm going to take off :cry: my skidplate and add the spacers.

those transfer case bolts were a b!!ch to get off! finally used penetrating oil to get it done.

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine still seems to work about the same after installing the bumper, it went off a few times before and after the install.
From the pics, it looks like the ACC sensor would sit nearly right behind the Fab Fours mountain logo cut out of the front. Can you confirm? It seems you could drill holes for the sensors like TC Customs did, then potentially cut out the logo further to aid the sensor visibility.

If the sensor needs to be dropped slightly, maybe we could use the JCR relocation bracket link.

I really like the look of this bumper, but I’d have to mod it quite a bit since I have LUX…

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah,
From the pics, it looks like the ACC sensor would sit nearly right behind the Fab Fours mountain logo cut out of the front. Can you confirm? It seems you could drill holes for the sensors like TC Customs did, then potentially cut out the logo further to aid the sensor visibility.

If the sensor needs to be dropped slightly, maybe we could use the JCR relocation bracket link.

I really like the look of this bumper, but I’d have to mod it quite a bit since I have LUX…
I can't say for sure, as I don't have ACC, But I believe you're right, Seems the stock location is going to put the ACC sensor roughly behind the FF Logo.

The JCR Relocation bracket would drop it down into the area where the FF bumper is sloped back to tuck under the front skid, In fact, it looks like it might actually drop it so low that it would hit the inside of the bumper. It also moves the sensor forward some.

If it move the sensor as low as I think it does, the sensor is actually going to be behind the holes in the lower part of the FF bumper.

Looking at the Vanguard bumper the bracket is designed to work with that has a lot more depth in that area, and an opening that it moves the sensor into, I have doubts that it would work, but I admit I don't know for sure.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has ANYONE run this bumper with the Warn winch WITH their control pack relocation kit WITH a camera? I'm curious how much of the screen would be obscured with the control pack totally gone off the top of the winch. That may be what it takes to push me towards this verses the SVC Baja.
Ditto, anyone?

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah,

I can't say for sure, as I don't have ACC, But I believe you're right, Seems the stock location is going to put the ACC sensor roughly behind the FF Logo.

The JCR Relocation bracket would drop it down into the area where the FF bumper is sloped back to tuck under the front skid, In fact, it looks like it might actually drop it so low that it would hit the inside of the bumper. It also moves the sensor forward some.

If it move the sensor as low as I think it does, the sensor is actually going to be behind the holes in the lower part of the FF bumper.

Looking at the Vanguard bumper the bracket is designed to work with that has a lot more depth in that area, and an opening that it moves the sensor into, I have doubts that it would work, but I admit I don't know for sure.
Thanks for the input. I thought since you were talking about the automatic braking not being impacted, you had the parking sensors and maybe ACC. I could use the locations shown in the TC video for the parking sensors as a rough template and then cut out the FF logo for the ACC.

I'm not sure why Fab Fours just doesn't make this an option..!

My alternative is the JCR Vanguard setup, which has all this taken care of with options, but I like the look of the stubby better... I would rather have a welded pre-runner guard vs a bolt on too.
Sponsored