John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sidewinder is pretty awesome, But that Price!

I don't like my shackles being out in the weather, and I'm too cheap to buy alot of Factor 55 stuff, so I went cheap and got a Smittybilt Thimble;

Thimble

I've got a FlatLink on my JKU, and it works pretty good, but feels bulky and awkward when rigging.. I like Thimbles because it's easy to start rigging, like throw on a soft shackle before you spool the rope out. That Warn would allow that too...
Sponsored

Last edited:

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question, with the fab fours skid, does it cover underneath as well? The pictures on their site look like it just covers the front angle, and doesn't wrap under at all

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It covers the same as the stock skid, so if your putting it on something with Factory bash plates, Your good., It doesn't go past the suspension crossmember, so if you want engine protection and don't have factory bash plates, you still need an engine skid.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The JCR Relocation kit should work with the Fab Fours, No problem there...

The ADD Hook Though, I'm not so sure about, It looks cool, But I prefer a "Closed" connection like the Factor 55 Flat Links. That said, I'm running a SmittyBilt thimble, Cuz I'm too cheap to buy a Factor 55 Flat Link, but still want a closed setup (And I'm running a Smittybilt winch).

The last thing though, and the kicker, I don't think that ADD Fairlead is gonna work with the JCR Relocation Bracket, But that's just from looking at it the way the the top of the Fairlead comes up so much to form fit the hook, and the way the JCR mount "leans" over the fairlead.. You could probably bend the JCR Bracket to fit if needed, but then I think the camera angle would be too high.

Sponsored

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Random question - for those who have already installed this bumper, how does it look without a winch? Love the look (and price) of this bumper but just curious how it would look with some lights in place of the winch there under the prerunner bar?

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it has tabs for lights if you wanted to do that instead. I’m getting mine soon. I’ll post some photos if it’s still pertinent.

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe it has tabs for lights if you wanted to do that instead. I’m getting mine soon. I’ll post some photos if it’s still pertinent.
Awesome. would love to see it!
Wish FF would've had some photos with that as an option.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Random question - for those who have already installed this bumper, how does it look without a winch? Love the look (and price) of this bumper but just curious how it would look with some lights in place of the winch there under the prerunner bar?
Ooo, I sure it would look nice with some big round lights!

On that note, there should be at least 4 holes to help with creating mounting brackets

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does the stubby have any effect on the automatic collision braking? Not sure how it covers that..

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It blocks that sensor. You need to get a relocation bracket. I’ve heard mixed reviews on the reliability though. If your acc is working then the auto braking likely works too. But I’m not a professional 🥸

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the stubby have any effect on the automatic collision braking? Not sure how it covers that..
Mine still seems to work about the same after installing the bumper, it went off a few times before and after the install.

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I wanted to update this for people with the Plastic Bumper.

Removing bumper is easy, remove 6x bolts for bumper. Undo 1x RS fog connecter and bumper will come off.

Bumper WILL work with factory Tow hooks. bumper WILL work with factory plastic bash plate. The factory bash will fit OVER the stubby, and you will not connect the top 2 bolts. This is more of a bandaid as it really doesn't look super good, but it does serve a purpose at least until a new bash comes in.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I wanted to update this for people with the Plastic Bumper.

Removing bumper is easy, remove 6x bolts for bumper. Undo 1x RS fog connecter and bumper will come off.

Bumper WILL work with factory Tow hooks. bumper WILL work with factory plastic bash plate. The factory bash will fit OVER the stubby, and you will not connect the top 2 bolts. This is more of a bandaid as it really doesn't look super good, but it does serve a purpose at least until a new bash comes in.
That is good to know! I got the bash plate and it removed the intercooler mounts completely

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
See attached for how it looks, ASFIR skid coming next week. Fogs and winch one I get some $$$

I would also note, I got zero increase in rake going from the stock plastic to this, both at the fender and front pinch welds. Big bend 4dr, 34's w/ SAS suspension from 4dr w/ tow package

Ford Bronco A couple of additions: FabFours stubby bumper and Warn EVO 10s winch PXL_20221013_160633935

Ford Bronco A couple of additions: FabFours stubby bumper and Warn EVO 10s winch PXL_20221013_160642476

Ford Bronco A couple of additions: FabFours stubby bumper and Warn EVO 10s winch PXL_20221013_200904632
Sponsored

Last edited: